LG G3: How am I supposed to hold this thing?

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
LG made those people who clamor for almost bezel-less displays pretty happy with this design I guess. Unfortunately I'm not one of them. I hate playing games and watching movies on devices that don't have a decent bezel. I hate having to "crab grip" the back of the phone with my hand and finger tips to avoid touching the screen because it's not natural or comfortable. And when I'm holding it in landscape in this awkward unnatural fashion, and I want to change the volume, I have to carefully place my thumb on that non existent bezel while reaching behind the phone. Not liking this design decision, I think it was spawned more by wanting to be gimmicky rather than by practicality and function.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: How am I supposed to hold this thing?

It was spawned by wanting a bigger screen without getting a much bigger phone. I like the small bezels. Might as well maximize the use of the front of the phone. Although I think I would have been happy with all of these improvements in a 5.2" screen.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Now we're just complaining too much, questioning how to hold a phone now?

Last edited by a moderator:

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Now we're just complaining too much, questioning how to hold a phone now?

There's no need for taking it personally like someone criticized your firstborn child. Are you planning to marry and start a family with a G3 or something? Take it easy there Theodore :D

Last edited by a moderator:

n-strike

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

I get what you're trying to say. Imagine the Note 4 with a 3-sided display (if the rumours are true), no grip!

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I think the simple answer is that this phone is not for you? If you are looking for a phone with bezel buy a different phone.

Sorry if that came off wrong just seemed like a simple answer

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

There's no need for taking it personally like someone criticized your firstborn child. Are you planning to marry and start a family with a G3 or something? Take it easy there Theodore :D

You are the reason HTC made the m8 freaking huge with a little bitty screen for the size huh:D:D:D

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

I agree. It is just too big IMHO. I will be sticking with my G2 for a while and seeing what is going to happen with the Moto X+1

Attachments

• lg-g3-hands-on-comparison-g2-back.jpg
    lg-g3-hands-on-comparison-g2-back.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 577

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I think they could have went bigger! I'm hoping the flex 2 has at least a 6.5 inch screen!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using AC Forums mobile app

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

My little ol stubby fingered wife has no problem holding my flex, G3 should be no problem!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Personally I plan to train two helper monkeys to carry the phone for me. I might be able to get away with one but with a phone this size spare no expense. Also doubles as a kickstand for movie viewing.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Because video and gameplay in landscape is easier on phones with some bezel. I get that it isn't the majority of people facebooking and snapchatting etc who care about that. Doesn't make it wrong for the ones who do though

You don't have to hold it if you get something else, problem solved?
Your feelings hurt bud?

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Personally I plan to train two helper monkeys to carry the phone for me. I might be able to get away with one but with a phone this size spare no expense. Also doubles as a kickstand for movie viewing.

You'll make a good matching set :)

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Because video and gameplay in landscape is easier on phones with some bezel. I get that it isn't the majority of people facebooking and snapchatting etc who care about that. Doesn't make it wrong for the ones who do though

Your feelings hurt bud?

Why would my feelings be hurt friend?

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87