Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Question Things not covered in the LG G3 presentation...

What about the notification feature? Is there an LED? Something similar to what the Droids have with their active display?

They showed pictures of 5 colors, but didn't really mention them past that.

Battery life? Other than just saying its "optimized".

Release date?

The thing still looks very large...

Default Re: Things not covered in the LG G3 presentation...

Its almost the same size as the M8 and S5. So if you think its large, Then clearly your looking for a Mini type of phone, Because this is the standard now

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    What about the notification feature? Is there an LED? Something similar to what the Droids have with their active display?

They showed pictures of 5 colors, but didn't really mention them past that.

Battery life? Other than just saying its "optimized".

Release date?

The thing still looks very large...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    Its almost the same size as the M8 and S5. So if you think its large, Then clearly your looking for a Mini type of phone, Because this is the standard now
    I'm not looking for a mini type. I have a 5" now. But it just seems large, same size as the others, where the industry is going or not. Maybe I'll feel different when I hold one.

I'm not looking for a mini type. I have a 5" now. But it just seems large, same size as the others, where the industry is going or not. Maybe I'll feel different when I hold one.
    I do not think Joe was debating if the phone was large or not just saying comparable to the S5, M8, Z2 its comparable with a bigger screen.

I came from a galaxy nexus to a note 2 ....big jump in size . Took a couple days to get used to and then got a note 3 ..... Not much bigger than note 2 ... tried a g2 when it came out and it was too small. .... What do they say ???? Size matters and you get used to a bigger screen and will then be thinking I won't ever get a smaller one .... g3 is the same size as note2 but overall smaller. . So it's all good .. Take my money now please

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Size comparo, bigger than the GS5 a tad, and nearly on par with the M8 and Z2

In pictures: LG G3 versus Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2 | Android Central

Didnt see any LED, could be there.

Presentation said the G3 has battery saving mode, advanced clocking speed and uses less power when doing lesser computing taks like viewing pictures
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    I do not think Joe was debating if the phone was large or not just saying comparable to the S5, M8, Z2 its comparable with a bigger screen.
    I'm just saying that phones in general seem to be getting kinda large. There is a blurring between phones and phablets now.

So what about the original questions that they didn't cover Notifications? What kind of glass is the screen made of? Battery life? Release date?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Size comparo, bigger than the GS5 a tad, and nearly on par with the M8 and Z2

In pictures: LG G3 versus Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2 | Android Central

Didnt see any LED, could be there.

Presentation said the G3 has battery saving mode, advanced clocking speed and uses less power when doing lesser computing taks like viewing pictures
    Thanks for the link. Yea, didn't see an LED either and they didn't mention any sort of software notification unless I suppose it goes in that circle thingy. You'd think they might have covered that in the "user experience" part of the presentation. I guess they were limited to 3 points in each area and I guess that one didn't make the cut.

Thanks for the link. Yea, didn't see an LED either and they didn't mention any sort of software notification unless I suppose it goes in that circle thingy. You'd think they might have covered that in the "user experience" part of the presentation. I guess they were limited to 3 points in each area and I guess that one didn't make the cut.
    Which is hilarious, 3 points each just to stay inline with the 3 theme. At least next time theyll have 4 points for the G4 lol

Don't really like the gold, burgundy red or violet. If I end up getting the G3 it will be metallic black or white.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    Don't really like the gold, burgundy red or violet. If I end up getting the G3 it will be metallic black or white.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP
    Agreed. Did I see a blue somewhere in there? That might be interesting, although I think I'd go for white after what seems like 50 black phones.

Yes on LED, is in the question and answers thread.

The battery is also made different, new technology that is supposed to make it last longer. So it's not just software but also hardware.

Haven't heard any release dates or prices yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

there is a led in the upper left corner as shown in the user manual leaked here: First User Manual ! - xda-developers
    it is all in korean but it clearly indicates the led on the upper left side.