Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default if Verizon prices the G3 at $299 on contract, will people buy it?

if Verizon prices the G3 at $299 on contract, will people buy it?

Default Re: if Verizon prices the G3 at $299 on contract, will people buy it?

I would say yes some will but more will probably go to Samsung or a more known brand... Unless they do some good advertising.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    if Verizon prices the G3 at $299 on contract, will people buy it?
    that's like a Note 3 price...i doubt it will be $299. LG is still the underdog to Samsung in the US market, so i predict $199.

If it debuts at $299, just wait a month. Best Buy and/or Amazon will drop the price by then...
    Droid->Droid Bionic->Galaxy S4->2013 Moto X (ebony/black/yellow)->2014 Moto X (black/black/red)->LG G4
    Thanked by:
    ErnstMach likes this.

I would imagine that the 16gb would be $200 at launch, similar pricing to the m8 and s5. Or lower.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

i hope not! Then LG won't lower prices so fast like they did with the G2 ($460 outright on AT&T) lol!

I'm done with any more contracts. Unlocked or forget about it. Your paying full price for it either way with inflated service charges.
    SpasticPat likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

I have a feeling it's going to be hard to keep them on the shelfs! Better get one when you can!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I would imagine that the 16gb would be $200 at launch, similar pricing to the m8 and s5. Or lower.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I wonder if the US will get both variants or if they will just get the 32gb version like last year with the g2

Ive found 16gb of internal to be enough for apps/games and 16gb of external for pics and movies. I wouldnt mind the expansion to 32gb of internal, would just remove the need for external sd. Or more movies lol

I don't see why people wouldn't buy it if they want it

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

any idea what the off contract price would be?

Not that it matters.... In 2011 Verizon sold the LG revolution or 249.99 on contract when it was released... That phone was a real turd!!! My thoughts are the 16gb for 199 and the 32gb will be 249 or 299...strictly a guess

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s5
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt503 View Post
    Not that it matters.... In 2011 Verizon sold the LG revolution or 249.99 on contract when it was released... That phone was a real turd!!! My thoughts are the 16gb for 199 and the 32gb will be 249 or 299...strictly a guess

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s5
    back when LG was still known as Goldstar, all the junk electronics they sold were either turd or rust buckets.

I'm pretty sure the G2 was 299.99 on launch day with 32 GB of memory. Don't see how the G3 would be any cheaper. Plus Verizon never sold the G2 in 16GB I don't think.

Posted via Android Central App

G2 was 199.99 at Verizon I bought day after launch. This phone will be same and will discount within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    G2 was 199.99 at Verizon I bought day after launch. This phone will be same and will discount within a month.

I bought launch day but doesn't mean I remember right LOL. I know there was a discount code I used online and that was the first day.

I just looked at my old bill was 199.99 with a 50 instant rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    I'm pretty sure the G2 was 299.99 on launch day with 32 GB of memory. Don't see how the G3 would be any cheaper. Plus Verizon never sold the G2 in 16GB I don't think.

I think it was 199 on att. And the flex was 299. Only took a month or 2 to go down by $100

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I'd be paying full price so that would potentially translate to $700 ..so maybe not. But If it debuts at $600 or less I'm going for it.

I remember now, I was expecting the G2 to be 299.99 at launch. Was kind of worried about it. That's why I was thinking that's what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmosis View Post
    I'd be paying full price so that would potentially translate to $700 ..so maybe not. But If it debuts at $600 or less I'm going for it.
    I think 600 is realistic for LG. The gs5 and m8 are over 600

I want the 3GB. I would probably pay $300 for it. If AT&T only gets the 2GB, even at $200 I might not buy it. Just a mental barrier.

Dupli

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    I'm done with any more contracts. Unlocked or forget about it. Your paying full price for it either way with inflated service charges.
    In most cases the cost of your service doesn't change.

$60/1 gig on vzw with or without a contract.

Edge on a $600 phone is $24.99/month and you get a $10 discount on edge or MTM. You get the $25 discount on 10 gigs or higher. So please explain to me how paying $600 + for a phone is a wise decision. If anything do edge and allow vzw to pay for it or part of it.

But hurry, things are changing June 1st. Edge will be 20 months and 60% will be required.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast