We've got the LG G3, you've got questions...

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You know the drill.... check out our hands-on post: LG G3 hands-on | Android Central

And shoot me your questions here. We've got the phone in-hand, and we'll do our best to give you the answers you crave.

Bear in mind we're using a preproduction Korean G3, so things can and will change as the global release approaches.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The two questions everyone probably wants to know (and I know you wont be able to answer right away but with time) is:
how is battery life
picture quality (is the laser implementation a gimmick or does it really seem useful?)

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know how great the screen actually is. Is it all the hype and then some or just mediocre? Also what is the situation with the quick view case? Does the circle view cover have a replacement battery cover as well or what? And anything as far as a hint about a release a release date for US other than "soon"?

Posted via Android Central App

DrPreeth

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I didnt even think about this, is this confirmed to not have waterproofing??
it's confirmed. GSMarena had some explanation that said LG didn't want people overdoing it with the water stuff and the phone, so they left it off entirely. Seems like a lame excuse to not to try and do the waterproofing/dustproofing. At least they should have done it for peace of mind. Thats the only minus point for me with the phone.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Alex is that Kill Switch antitheft security features something that can be un-done if you recover your phone so that it will work again? I guess the data would be safe with my backup if I did the remote wipe that could be restored?

Also, will the Kill Switch prevents a locked phone from being made operable again, even through a factory reset or a new OS install by thieves.

Last edited:

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The two questions everyone probably wants to know (and I know you wont be able to answer right away but with time) is:
how is battery life
picture quality (is the laser implementation a gimmick or does it really seem useful?)
We won't hear anything useful on battery life until EU/US models get out there. So bear that in mind when people review these Korean models ? LG specifically told us the Korean units aren't optimized for non-Korean networks, and that this will affect battery life. That said, they also talked about a bunch of stuff they're doing to minimize the battery cost of that QHD display. And they have a good track record in this area with the G2.

why was dust/water resistance left off? The Japanese version (LG Isai FL) has it, so why not for the G3?
Design reasons, from what we were told today. They want to have a sleeker design, and not to have to worry about plastic flaps around various ports.

What's the bezel size in comparison to the G2?

About the same, which is to say pretty damn small.

Wow, I didnt even think about this, is this confirmed to not have waterproofing??
Yeah, it's not waterproof. The designers said it's not going to break the second you use it in the rain (like most phones, in fact), but it's not carrying an IP rating of any kind.

I'd like to know how great the screen actually is. Is it all the hype and then some or just mediocre? Also what is the situation with the quick view case? Does the circle view cover have a replacement battery cover as well or what? And anything as far as a hint about a release a release date for US other than "soon"?

It's great. But then so are most screens these days. And as good as the G3 screen is, I'm certainly not turning my nose up at the M8, S5 or any of the other great 1080p panels we have on current devices.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Alex is that Kill Switch antitheft security features something that can be un-done if you recover your phone so that it will work again? Also, I guess the data would be safe with my backup if I did the remote wipe that could be restored?

Great question and also perhaps to early but battery life info would be great.

Also Pricing but you won't have that info yet.

Will the 32gb variant be an option available internationally? Or will us in the UK have to make do with 16gb & 2gb of Ram?

DrPreeth

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Design reasons, from what we were told today. They want to have a sleeker design, and not to have to worry about plastic flaps around various ports.

Yeah, it's not waterproof. The designers said it's not going to break the second you use it in the rain (like most phones, in fact), but it's not carrying an IP rating of any kind.

The Isai FL in Japan is pretty much the same as the G3; same bezels and all..and its water/dust resistant, and doesn't have a flap on the USB port. I don't buy LG's "for design reasons" explanation :(.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
How is game play and movie watching on it?

Any Lag or stutter at all like many theorists on here were worried about?

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. What about photo quality?
Again, usual caveats about this thing being a preproduction device, but it seems really good so far, particularly in darker conditions. Here's a sample from the event.

(Edit: This one was taken in HDR mode)

20140527_192859_HDR.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Did they hit a homerun with the "laser" focus and OIS+?

(parents would want to know) :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie