Share your G3 screenshots and setup!

waterise

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The templates usually require Zooper Pro to work (paid version)

Posted via G3 on the Android Central App

Good news! I got Zooper and Nova Launcher - both Pro versions :)
Been customizing for like 2 hours, lol.

Any cool skins or icon packs?

Posted via the Android Central App

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-09-28-00-16-30.jpg

Here's a nicer image

I used a template from this batch of Zooper Widgets and changed it a bit (readjusted the positioning on the clock part, changed the style to AM/PM, added city and country, switched the weather icons and sizing, etc)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.romowtheme.zwskin.xxxx&token=4gtokrB_

some nice designs in there. I didn't like the weather icons though so I switched them to google icons initially, but the batch I was using was missing icons for certain weather conditions so it was messing up. Switched over to Dune icons and they look pretty nice, still undecided on which Nova icons to use, the ones I'm using are pretty suited though.

The 5 day forecast is also from that batch of templates, also changed it up a bit (added shading to every other day, put some shading around days of the week, switched icons, re ordered the daily highs and lows). Also a separate simple widget above the google search bar with the useful phone stats.

The wallpaper is from Deviant art and can be found here:

http://dakoder.deviantart.com/art/Minimal-Flat-Default-Android-L-Wallpaper-4K-473621295

It's a high res version of the Android L preview.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 138735

Here's a nicer image

I used a template from this batch of Zooper Widgets and changed it a bit (readjusted the positioning on the clock part, changed the style to AM/PM, added city and country, switched the weather icons and sizing, etc)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.romowtheme.zwskin.xxxx&token=-G4hxtzv

some nice designs in there. I didn't like the weather icons though so I switched them to google icons initially, but the batch I was using was missing icons for certain weather conditions so it was messing up. Switched over to Dune icons and they look pretty nice, still undecided on which Nova icons to use, the ones I'm using are pretty suited though.

The 5 day forecast is also from that batch of templates, also changed it up a bit (added shading to every other day, put some shading around days of the week, switched icons, re ordered the daily highs and lows). Also a separate simple widget above the google search bar with the useful phone stats.

The wallpaper is from Deviant art and can be found here:

http://dakoder.deviantart.com/art/Minimal-Flat-Default-Android-L-Wallpaper-4K-473621295

It's a high res version of the Android L preview.

Nice man!! I like your taste in customization. ☺

Posted via Android Central App

SN Midnite

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got my LG G3 a few days ago, I definitely made the right decision. I've had nothing but Apple junk for years with tiny screens, it's been awful, iOS is a beautiful interface but I really wanted to have more personal options. Anyways, I spent a good amount of hours on this setup, lots and lots of tweaking and I'm pretty happy with the result.

Can't believe this is my first Android phone but it had to happen eventually and the allure of Android L is too much to handle :p (I've just modded the soft keys)

P.S. My phone isn't rooted, I've just done my best with non-root options to change appearance.

2014 - 1.jpg

2014 - 2.jpg

2014 - 3.jpg

2014 - 4.jpg

So I have 2 docks that I can switch between and only one screen. The docks have all the apps I use the most and there aren't that many so for me it feels better to have a 2 page dock that I can flick between. As well as that I have the notification bar hidden unless I swipe from the top then it'll appear, as for the notification shade, that's a 2 finger swipe down I usually do with both thumbs.

This is Apex Launcher Pro with Jack's Music Widget, an Android L soft key APK installed and MIN icon pack.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got my LG G3 a few days ago, I definitely made the right decision. I've had nothing but Apple junk for years with tiny screens, it's been awful, iOS is a beautiful interface but I really wanted to have more personal options. Anyways, I spent a good amount of hours on this setup, lots and lots of tweaking and I'm pretty happy with the result.

Can't believe this is my first Android phone but it had to happen eventually and the allure of Android L is too much to handle :p (I've just modded the soft keys)

P.S. My phone isn't rooted, I've just done my best with non-root options to change appearance.

View attachment 138808

View attachment 138809

View attachment 138810

View attachment 138811

So I have 2 docks that I can switch between and only one screen. The docks have all the apps I use the most and there aren't that many so for me it feels better to have a 2 page dock that I can flick between. As well as that I have the notification bar hidden unless I swipe from the top then it'll appear, as for the notification shade, that's a 2 finger swipe down I usually do with both thumbs.

This is Apex Launcher Pro with Jack's Music Widget, an Android L soft key APK installed and MIN icon pack.

Nice set up man, is it Apex launcher that allows you to change the appearance of the home touch keys?

SN Midnite

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
No, you do that simply by downloading and installing an APK that allows for a new home touch color and along with the color the icons can change. It's very easy.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Dude...great job... Looks awesome.
This is my favorite thing about Android..live widgets...complete and endless customization.
Have fun...It's only going to get better w L.

Posted via Android Central App

waterise

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 138735

Here's a nicer image

How do you change the 5-day forecast icons like that? I have the forecast on my main home screen, but not sure how to change the icons and whatnot.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Updated mine a bit more:

e61620580825a79daf0134278aa3f0ac.jpg

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint Tri-Band LG G3.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Woah! Now that's busy, Mav! LOL I'll post mine in a bit. I factory restored and then rooted my phone so I am setting it up again. So far liking the default launcher better than Nova Launcher for the simple fact that I can't customize where the apps are in the app drawer... 0.0 found that weird but ehh the default one is good. I just wanted to customize how many apps I had on my dock but I can live without that when my apps are easy to get to in the drawer.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you change the 5-day forecast icons like that? I have the forecast on my main home screen, but not sure how to change the icons and whatnot.

You need to install various icon packs in Zooper Widget. Basically it will just be a zip file with a config in it, just move that file into your Zooper Widget icon sets folder and you should see them in Zooper.

Zooper Widget Iconsets - jagwar

Nice list of various icon sets here

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the Android L home touch keys going, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to use them as transparent keys yet.

Using a black background kind of solves it, but then you can't have a transparent notification bar, at least not in Nova Launcher.

Screenshot_2014-09-29-17-42-05.jpg

I guess hiding the notification bar all together is an option, more screen real estate, right? lol

Screenshot_2014-09-29-17-53-16.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781