Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ultra or extreme battery saving

Is there a feature similar to HTC or S5? To extend the battery for days on last few %?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Ultra or extreme battery saving

As far as I am aware HTC comes with the option 'power savings'. I've heard alot about Power Saving- so I will explain what I do, and then hope I get some feedback...

The first thing I would do is configure my apps:

1- Disable and Uninstall any un-needed apps. If you do not use the default browser- disable it, etc. Keeping only the minimal applications on the phone is preferable.
    2- Configure two apps: AutoMateIt/Tasker and Battery Guru- these are interchangeable- depending on what you like.

AutoMateIt

Rule 1: When battery is below X%, then: Deactivate WiFi, 3/4G, Disable Sync, Set Screen Brightness to X amount, Screen Timeout to X Amount
    Rule 2: When battery is below X% (Obviously below above mentioned); Reapply above (in the event it has been re-enabled), and lower the screen brightness and timout.

Battery Guru

This app performs very well to me- the first two days it 'learns' your patterns and then adjusts to suit your need- you don't need to do anything!

After this I would:

3- Update all your remaining applications to the latest version (unless there are known issues with them)
    4- Uninstall/disable any automatic task killers and 'system cleaners'- whilst I like the idea, use a manual one. I had memory booster pro running hourly and saw no improvement. I looked into alternatives and to be honest- they just are not needed. Whilst I know it sounds silly, read this- a quick explanation as to why.
    5- Clear cache and system junk (I know, contrary to above but manually, maybe once per day is okay- I think!)
    6- Remove any un-needed launchers, widgets and data feeds that just don't need to sync.
    7- Identify what processes are continually running- Watchdog Task Manager performs a good job.
    8- Get into the habit of consistent charging. A great app for this is Eco Charger.

At the moment I am just making my own thread and would love some feedback!

Michael, I think the OP was referring to the extreme/ultra power saver features on the S5 and the M8 and weather an equivalent is available on the G3, not the measures that you can take yourself. Just FYI

Yes I thought so, but just wanted to state that anyway.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes that is what i meant. The battery saving feature.

I used to have the S2 then the S3. I have endlessly researched battery saving tips etc and have settled on my own tricks but still not long enough to last me the whole day. So i have had to carry around a fully charged spare ALWAYS.

I have sincr moved to the HTC ONE M8 now and the have a standard POWER SAVER MODE which in itself allows me to last the whole day (same usage as before w previous phones). When i truly run it out, then it has the EXTREME BATTERY SAVER feature to help me make it last longer. Samsung S5 has similar feature called the ULTRA SAVER MODE.

What i wanted to know was if the G3 has some sort of regular battery saver mode and if it further has an extreme or ultra battery saver mode???

Im worried about battery life considering bigger screen and more pixels.

As far as I know OP, there is no extreme power saver that I'm aware of. From my research, however, LG is claiming to have made the battery last as long as in the g2 using new battery technology and by allowing the screen to drop it's refresh rate considerably when it detects nothing is going on on-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nancarrow View Post
    As far as I am aware HTC comes with the option 'power savings'. I've heard alot about Power Saving- so I will explain what I do, and then hope I get some feedback...

The first thing I would do is configure my apps:

1- Disable and Uninstall any un-needed apps. If you do not use the default browser- disable it, etc. Keeping only the minimal applications on the phone is preferable.
    2- Configure two apps: AutoMateIt/Tasker and Battery Guru- these are interchangeable- depending on what you like.

AutoMateIt

Rule 1: When battery is below X%, then: Deactivate WiFi, 3/4G, Disable Sync, Set Screen Brightness to X amount, Screen Timeout to X Amount
    Rule 2: When battery is below X% (Obviously below above mentioned); Reapply above (in the event it has been re-enabled), and lower the screen brightness and timout.

Battery Guru

This app performs very well to me- the first two days it 'learns' your patterns and then adjusts to suit your need- you don't need to do anything!

After this I would:

3- Update all your remaining applications to the latest version (unless there are known issues with them)
    4- Uninstall/disable any automatic task killers and 'system cleaners'- whilst I like the idea, use a manual one. I had memory booster pro running hourly and saw no improvement. I looked into alternatives and to be honest- they just are not needed. Whilst I know it sounds silly, read this- a quick explanation as to why.
    5- Clear cache and system junk (I know, contrary to above but manually, maybe once per day is okay- I think!)
    6- Remove any un-needed launchers, widgets and data feeds that just don't need to sync.
    7- Identify what processes are continually running- Watchdog Task Manager performs a good job.
    8- Get into the habit of consistent charging. A great app for this is Eco Charger.

At the moment I am just making my own thread and would love some feedback!
    Why would you do all that to a phone !??!! 3/4 of what you are doing should be actively detrimental. And all the placements for junk software from the Marketplace. ...?...? Sniffing out a rogue app is fine, so is cutting back on wakelocks and sync events. But this is overkill.

Regloshan..why must you deny everything I say!? No, I do not think it is overkill, it is just what I do. Granted though the AutoMateIt section is not required..but anyway back to the topic of battery saving. I honestly have no clue about the G3, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nancarrow View Post
    Regloshan..why must you deny everything I say!? No, I do not think it is overkill, it is just what I do. Granted though the AutoMateIt section is not required..but anyway back to the topic of battery saving. I honestly have no clue about the G3, sorry.
    Up you, but I would suggest new users check on the low hanging fruit. Functions like Knockon which use power even while the screen is off.