Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 overcomes Samsung Galaxy S5!!

Let me firstly say this, i loved Samsung phones, until i laid my hands on LG G2, from that moment I changed my mindset for ever.
    LG G3 must be world number one smartphone, LG has proved to be one of the best innovative companies in the world.
    I love LG products do you?

Posted via LG G2

Default Re: LG G3 overcomes Samsung Galaxy S5!!

LG won me over with the G2. Best phone I've ever used. Still enjoying the great battery life, nice screen, minimal bezel, back buttons and knock on/off. The G3 will probably be my next phone if the battery life is comparable to G2.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP
    tshepomk likes this.

You've never used the G3, but it must be number one? Interesting.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    _X_ 

Quote Originally Posted by tshepomk View Post
    Let me firstly say this, i loved Samsung phones, until i laid my hands on LG G2, from that moment I changed my mindset for ever.
    LG G3 must be world number one smartphone, LG has proved to be one of the best innovative companies in the world.
    I love LG products do you?

Posted via LG G2
    Lets not get carried away and ahead of ourselves now. Samsung still makes an amazing device(s)! My reason for possibly going with something other than a Sammy device this year is simply to try out something new. Knox has also soured my enjoyment of their devices somewhat. Time will tell.

I'm still shocked at the camera quality of the G3!
    tshepomk and sparker04 like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    LG won me over with the G2. Best phone I've ever used. Still enjoying the great battery life, nice screen, minimal bezel, back buttons and knock on/off. The G3 will probably be my next phone if the battery life is comparable to G2.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP
    I agree with you, is the best smartphone i have ever used.

Posted via LG G2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post

I have G2, and happy with it, how wll G3 disappoint me?

Posted via LG G2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

You can say that again LG products are just awesome

Posted via LG G2

I tend to agree with the majority. I was a Samsung person and had every intention of upgrading to another Samsung device but the G2 won me over in the store. It was a great decision that I do not regret. LG always made good handsets especially during the flip phone days. It's really nice to see they are making a comeback. If Lg keeps up with this trend, in time, they will be a strong challenger to Samsung and Apple in the smartphone department.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    tshepomk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jennking1616 View Post
    I'm still shocked at the camera quality of the G3!
    LG G3 camera samples and first impressions | Android Central

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

If Verizon offers the 3/32 version, I am sold and Samsung will lose a customer. My S4 32GB has served well, but never bothered with the S5 due to no root and no 32GB model. I need the storage (4GB free on my 32GB) and need root to restore 3rd party card write privileges that Google killed with Kitkat.
    Banned

The whole LG lineup is awesome! Absolutely love my G-FLEX😎

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

That's nothing, the 2019 Corvette is the best car ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post

Thanked by:

you folks don't think Samsung will top what LG has done on the G3?

I love Samsung, but I'm open to other brands(LG, HTC....etc... heck, I'm even willing to switch to iPhone if Apple comes up with a decent large screen smartphone! )

The G3 does look like it will be a nice phone. Seems like LG finally got something right with this one. Samsung makes great phones, but yes, this G3 might compare as well. Can't wait for the G3 to come to the US.
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

I agree with you, is the best smartphone i have ever used.
    I'm not so emphatic. I bought the LG2 for my wife because I heard so many good things about it. But it's been nothing but problems and let downs. It's beautiful fire sure but the battery life is not as good as Sammy's. The hardware broke, and my wife has never broken any hardware prior to it.

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    I'm not so emphatic. I bought the LG2 for my wife because I heard so many good things about it. But it's been nothing but problems and let downs. It's beautiful fire sure but the battery life is not as good as Sammy's. The hardware broke, and my wife has never broken any hardware prior to it.
    Maybe you got a bad one for her? I also got G2 for my wife and battery life is nothing short of amazing. Very easy to go two days and she's having difficulty picking right time to recharge.
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    you folks don't think Samsung will top what LG has done on the G3?

I love Samsung, but I'm open to other brands(LG, HTC....etc... heck, I'm even willing to switch to iPhone if Apple comes up with a decent large screen smartphone! )
    I thought that way too when apple finally released a 4inch screen capable of watching videos while using the whole screen. Bottom line is Apple's iOS got very boring for me very fast and I couldn't see myself upgrading to another one just for a bigger screen and newer (note I didn't say better or different) hardware. The software is more than half the experience and iOS feels old to me. But that was just my experience with it.

The G3 is giving me some jealousy already but I do like my One m8 so I'm sure that will fade. Very nice looking phone though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdroids View Post
    Maybe you got a bad one for her? I also got G2 for my wife and battery life is nothing short of amazing. Very easy to go two days and she's having difficulty picking right time to recharge.
    I don't think it's defective the battery the battery life is average. I had to tweak her phone to improve the battery life. Samsung does a better job of battery management.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,784 Global Posts

Will it outsell the Galaxy S5?
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Not a chance....

Nothing against the G3. I have an S4 and am going to give it a look when it's released and may switch but Samsung sells a ton of S5's. I just don't see how the G3 could have a hope of outselling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I don't see it happening, even if their Marketing strategy changes in a big way. Apple & Samsung will and continue to dominate.

Too little, too late.

I have G2, and happy with it, how wll G3 disappoint me?

Posted via LG G2
    It won't. I really haven't heard anything bad about the phone besides the size of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I don't see it happening, even if their Marketing strategy changes in a big way. Apple & Samsung will and continue to dominate.

Too little, too late.
    Not necessarily! Depending on how well its received once released, this may be the start of LG's 'rise' up the ranks to where Samsung and Apple are. Word of mouth can also be a powerful thing! Perhaps not this year but the next or even the following as that word of mouth spreads. Besides, it'll be nice to have another player up in the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    I don't think it's defective the battery the battery life is average. I had to tweak her phone to improve the battery life. Samsung does a better job of battery management.
    How do you know you didn't get a defective one? Have you tried things like FDR, changing SIM and even swapping the phone?

I don't see how G2 does poor battery management than Samsung. Not sure which Samsung phone you are comparing to. But the only model that can come even remotely close to G2 battery life is probably Note 3 and not a chance for anything else from Samsung. I'm not alone in saying this. Majority of G2 owners are very happy with battery life.
    ffejjj likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast