Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    After reading some of the reviews, even though most are about the foreign version, are you having second thought about buying the G3?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Yes. Some reviews give reason to believe that the display is not as bright and contrasty as one could wish, and that sharpening has been used to questionable effect. Also, device heating. Also, a long charge time. Several times in fact in the last few weeks I've decided not to go for the G3 after all, then changed my mind again.
    534ppi and a relatively low price make it so tempting, don't they?

    Posted via Android Central App
    cizzlen likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I agree, one minute i want to buy it, the next I don't. Basically for me they have to get some of the bugs out before I buy or I'm going to the M8.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I have been. I've been trying to decide between this and the Xperia Z2 and I was leaning toward the G3 until I started seeing some reviews downplaying the display and casting some doubts on the battery life as well.

    I'm waiting until after I/O to make any decision, but I'm leaning back toward the Z2 now.

    Granted I'm coming from a Galaxy S2 so either phone is a massive upgrade no matter what.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmullins8 View Post
    I agree, one minute i want to buy it, the next I don't. Basically for me they have to get some of the bugs out before I buy or I'm going to the M8.

    Posted via Android Central App
    the m8 has well known issues with the camera lenses scratching.

    Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I have done the same been going back and forth whether to get the g3 or the s5

    Posted via Android Central App
    cizzlen likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    the m8 has well known issues with the camera lenses scratching.

    Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.
    Yes, I seem to remember reading that somewhere, also it's 4mp so for me as a camera nut that's out. The Z2 would be my choice after the G3, but it's fearfully expensive. The Oppo Find (7a is it?) looks an interesting 1440p alternative to the G3 but would not be available to me in UK high street retailers which is where I prefer to buy.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I love the Z2 but after I bought the Display was disappointing compared to my S5. It was always the first thing my family and friends noticed. I guess it's the reason why I sold it...to buy the G3.


    Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

    - MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    the m8 has well known issues with the camera lenses scratching.

    Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.
    Thanks for the heads up, I did not know there was issues with the lens.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    fgcchevy's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    The longer its not out here in the US, just gives consumers more time to think about other devices coming out. The way I feel, I've waited this long, !right as well wait another couple months! I've had my upgrade since February, but been waiting on lg g3, since the s5 didn't really woo me to much.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmullins8 View Post
    Anyone having second thoughts about buying the G3?
    The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.

    Mav.

    Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    If LG didn't take so damn long to get some product out here in the states I would have willingly bought one already.

    It's easy to forget that it's been released in SK already, so I do wonder if consumers there are finding any of the issues highlighted by reviewers to be relevant in everyday usage.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    As with every thing the more I think about it, the more I worry. Now that rumors that the z2 are coming to verizon its make me very hesitant to jump. Thinking about maybe picking up the g2 and waiting for the Iphone 6 or the z2 on verizon.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmullins8 View Post
    After reading some of the reviews, even though most are about the foreign version, are you having second thought about buying the G3?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I am. Not because of the reviews, but because of the Motorola x + 1 intriguing me more and more every day the lg isn't out...

    Posted via Android Central App
    ~Keith

    Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 (rooted) on T-Mobile
    Nexus 7 (2012)- 4.4.2 (rooted)
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    You'd think that some of the SK owners would post some comments...we must have some members there.
    Also, you hardly dare buy a G2 handset outright at the moment, because you know that the G3 may cause it to drop in price just AFTER you buy, losing you a pile of dough.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I am happy sticking with my S5 and g2. The G3 is not a big enough upgrade to buy. Though if I didn't have the G2 I would be all over this.
    cizzlen likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Naw, still interested. Consider this, every new "flagship" phone has its issues as well those that love them and those that hate them. Thankfully for me most of the issues that people nitpick about are for the most part irrelevant. The need for 10 hour on screen time, 20 hour battery life, hating logos on the phone, wanting resolution so good but our eyes are not capable of telling the difference.... and on and on. The technology has in the past couple of years surpassed most of us and we will use the next new phone exactly the way we did our last. Lag? What's lag? Isn't that relative and subjective? I haven't experienced lag that I can think since my Nextel Windows phone... My Droid X, X2, BIONIC, S3, Galaxy Nexus, DNA, M7 and Note3 were (are) very fast, relative to the technology that was (is) available.
    I like the look of the G3, laser focus, screen size and in spite of some of the negative batter reviews it still falls well within my needs. I remember when you couldn't get half a day out of any phone.
    Do I need this phone? Not on your life but I like it and I am betting that it will more than meet my reasonable requirements.
    Thanked by 2:
    cizzlen and bassplayrguy like this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by rmross76 View Post
    I have been. I've been trying to decide between this and the Xperia Z2 and I was leaning toward the G3 until I started seeing some reviews downplaying the display and casting some doubts on the battery life as well.

    I'm waiting until after I/O to make any decision, but I'm leaning back toward the Z2 now.

    Granted I'm coming from a Galaxy S2 so either phone is a massive upgrade no matter what.
    I said the very same thing to a friend today. I'm hoping that the HTC One M8 Prime is real (wishful thinking) but if it isn't , I'll gp to the M8.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  
    Snareman's Avatar

    Posts
    1,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,431 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by kd0h View Post
    I am. Not because of the reviews, but because of the Motorola x + 1 intriguing me more and more every day the lg isn't out...

    Posted via Android Central App
    The battery on it will likely be too small. Its hard to go to anything much smaller than my Droid Maxx now. That's one of my hang ups with the G3. Have to see how well they do with that battery.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I have the M8 currently. I hate it. It was a step backwards from my G2. I've been patiently waiting for the G3, but I've been getting closer and closer to purchasing a G2 off Swappa and selling my M8. In fact, I will probably do that this week. Then I will make a decision on the G3 later. This way I don't have to purchase one on launch day.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    cizzlen likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I love the Z2 but after I bought the Display was disappointing compared to my S5. It was always the first thing my family and friends noticed. I guess it's the reason why I sold it...to buy the G3.


    Pro S5
    How would you say they compared, side by side? Is the difference mainly an LCD vs OLED thing do you think?

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    ....I mean the Z2 and the S5.

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I wanna go to the M8 so bad (instead of waiting for this phone). But that crappy camera just turns me off
    psparky, budven and cizzlen like this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    I can tell you guys that IF LG releases this phone here in the good'ol U S of A with the 805......all hell is going to break loose!! I will climb and stomp over people to get my hands on it, thats for sure!! lol!
    fgcchevy likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

    ....and every time you take a pic with it you will be reminded just how bad it is. By then the G3 will be out and you may be kicking yourself.
    It's only a few weeks away, be strong, LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyBuckeye View Post
    I wanna go to the M8 so bad (instead of waiting for this phone). But that crappy camera just turns me off
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Discover the best events nearby with Clusterize
    By dimnikolov in forum Developer Beta Testing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 12:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 10:43 AM
  3. can the samsung galaxy gear watch be over charged
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 10:41 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 03:10 AM
  5. Question about some settings...
    By peacefulberry in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions