Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G3 UK

Went into my local Carphone Warehouse today to ask whether by any chance they had a demo G3. Answer no....no great surprise there. Assistant was very helpful and did some checking. Turns out they've stocked them at the central warehouse but not quite ready to send to local branch yet. What surprised me was the number of people who have placed sim-free pre-orders there....zero. Zero! Can you believe? And Carphone's price is an excellent £479/$812.

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: G3 UK

I'll reply to myself...no, I can't believe it. I went in again today and spoke to the guy, who said they're now in stock at various branches nearby, but not this one. Was on the very verge of ordering, sitting down on the chair and everything, BUT not for the first time something made me hold back from actually buying this phone...

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I bought it today. Carphone Warehouse have a ridiculous offer on of phone trade in PLUS an extra £100. So I got £180 including trading in my SGS3. Covered paying off the last of my current contract, the £30 for the phone, and plenty left over.

Phone seems great so far, a bit of getting used to compared to Samsung layouts, but it's incredibly fast. Love having no buttons on the front/side. screen is a lot easier to use than I was expecting. Can definitely recommend (if you can make a rec after only 4 hours of owning!)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Oh I think you can. People have been recommending it without even having bought it, after all. Thanks for your comments. I have almost no doubt that I shall be walking into Carphone with a tall pile of pound notes within the next few days. Their amazing offer doesn't apply to sim-free but even so their price for that is good.

Bought yesterday, not had much chance for a play but can't get Spotify to default to sd card, probably not phone but annoying.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Screen stunning, though? (Sorry I can't help with Spotify.)