G3 Battery Life experience. Whats yours?

oldrtyfrog

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having such good luck with mine. Screen brightness is at 60% and all the usually things are turned off. I'm trying to figure out why wi-fi calling is so high on the usage list considering I have never used or enabled it, ever. I do light gaming, surfing, and texting. These screen shots are from using the phone with a weak 3G signal, but I used it all weekend with home wi-fi and it hasn't been much better. Screen time on isn't shown, but it's at 1h 29m currently.
screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg

Update: It's dropped 20% since I originally posted this (about 2 hrs ago). All I've done is make one 5 min phone call.

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having such good luck with mine. Screen brightness is at 60% and all the usually things are turned off. I'm trying to figure out why wi-fi calling is so high on the usage list considering I have never used or enabled it, ever. I do light gaming, surfing, and texting. These screen shots are from using the phone with a weak 3G signal, but I used it all weekend with home wi-fi and it hasn't been much better. Screen time on isn't shown, but it's at 1h 29m currently.
View attachment 127516View attachment 127517

Update: It's dropped 20% since I originally posted this (about 2 hrs ago). All I've done is make one 5 min phone call.

Did you reboot?

Posted via Android Central App

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Brought the juice down to 8% after 21 h and 47 mins. Towards the end I was using a PDF version of Lego instructions via Dropbox to build something for my son. DB kept the screen on (no auto off). I was also doing a lot of messing around with widgets and apps. I read a little news and played with casting the screen to my Chromecast. I also added a few more remotes to the phone. None of that is typical for me. I am still feeling out the power limitations. Oh and I cast Desolation of Smaug to the Chromecast via Flixster as well.

The way you get all day out of this phone is on Standby. Just like my LGOG, this puppy sips power on Standby. Only 4% drain over 7 hours. Man, I can not wait for L to come out.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I am getting about 8 hours with medium use, but it charges very fast.

How quickly does it charge? I am still waiting for my G3 to be delivered... Damn Verizon! Anyway, I currently have a G2 and it charges about 1%/min, which I find quick.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I am getting about 8 hours with medium use, but it charges very fast.
From a dead battery about 1.5 hours

It's interesting that some reviews claimed the charge time to be twice that number. See if the phone is consistent, there's a chance that if you warm it up the charging rate will self-limit until its internal temperature drops again. I am thinking this could explain the large disparity.

cubsfan61

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday at mid day I was at 60%. Rooted with towelroot last night and hibernated some apps with Greenify. Today with 3H 37 Min off the charger I'm at 94%. Granted, I've just been doing some texting this morning and listened to some audible on the way to work, but holding charge much better when on standby now.

Kevin

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting that some reviews claimed the charge time to be twice that number. See if the phone is consistent, there's a chance that if you warm it up the charging rate will self-limit until its internal temperature drops again. I am thinking this could explain the large disparity.

Mine charges at a rate of 1% per minute

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday at mid day I was at 60%. Rooted with towelroot last night and hibernated some apps with Greenify. Today with 3H 37 Min off the charger I'm at 94%. Granted, I've just been doing some texting this morning and listened to some audible on the way to work, but holding charge much better when on standby now.

Kevin

I hear McAfee is a big battery and resource hog. I am assuming you disabled it?

smitts

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have mixed use stats to report?

When I am on the road its always a mix of things that kill my battery - phone/screen/etc

Would love some feedback

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I was fully charged last night so I left it unplugged just see how much drained over night. I closed out of all apps, turned off wifi and was shocked to see that I was down to 70%. Looking at the stats I saw that Google Play Services was responsible for almost 40% of that, Google+ another 15% and Google Sheets another 10%. Now, this is my first Android device, so I'm new to all of this, but if I closed out of all the apps, why would these still be running. I can see the Play Services probably running in the background for some reason, but why would Google+ and Sheets cause such a drain?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I was fully charged last night so I left it unplugged just see how much drained over night. I closed out of all apps, turned off wifi and was shocked to see that I was down to 70%. Looking at the stats I saw that Google Play Services was responsible for almost 40% of that, Google+ another 15% and Google Sheets another 10%. Now, this is my first Android device, so I'm new to all of this, but if I closed out of all the apps, why would these still be running. I can see the Play Services probably running in the background for some reason, but why would Google+ and Sheets cause such a drain?

Toggle off your data at bed time and try that test again. Post your results :)