G3 Battery Life experience. Whats yours?

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Was a loyal samsung user and always had a problem w batt life. Switched to HTC M8 and had excellent battery life. It would last me the whole day and more.

My first half day with G3 and the rate it is consuming batt seems like i am back to the samsung days. I was hoping for better battery life considering G2 was excellent batt life from reviews. Display is set at 25% and ive turned off location and all other usual tips and tricks.

Im hoping batt life improves after a few cycles. Care to share your battery experiences?

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If it reassures you at all the battery life on my Lumia 1020 seemed so bad at first that I thought I might have a duff battery. After a few days however all was well. I know this is not G3, but I think that apparent battery problems in the first few days of a new phone are a common experience.

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok on my second cycle. . Lost 10% in 6 hours while i was sleeping. Is that right?

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I see the G2 getting more screen on time because mostly because the G3 has to work with a higher resolution and overall bigger display.

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
What do you use for screen on time figures? Ive notice gsam giving phantom screen usage. I did not useit for a full hour and there were minutes added on to it. Which might give others to think they have long screen times. The stock battery app gave me accurate readings for screen usage. Im seeing higher android system % too. Higher than the screen time. It doesnt seem right.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok on my second cycle. . Lost 10% in 6 hours while i was sleeping. Is that right?

Seems a bit high, but early days perhaps? Overnight my Lumia 1020 and Nexus 5 normally lose no more than about 5% and often less than. Like you I've got various things switched off.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
On the basis of my current usage patterns, I would not be comfortable with merely half the screen time that I currently get on my G Flex. In comparison it cannot be underestimated just how much I want to know more about the rumored Flex 2.

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
On the plus side, 8 hoursof standby time while i was asleep and it only consumed 2%. Its the actual usage o have to figure outhm how to lower consumption

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
2% loss overnight is good. Usage is usage, but don't you get a spare battery with the G3 which would help in that respect?

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
No spare batt when i bought it here in Philippines. Currently getting around 4 hours screen time. Around 11 hours total from start 100% till zero percent.

Any comparative data?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No spare batt when i bought it here in Philippines. Currently getting around 4 hours screen time. Around 11 hours total from start 100% till zero percent.

Any comparative data?

How much did it cost in PI?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
US $818 unlocked 32Gb. Pay reservation fee of 68$ (deductible) and you get free circle case and wireless charger

Ouch, much more than a M8 or S5. Thats like 8 mos of rent where my aunt lives (dagupan) lol

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
After a few cycles battery life seems to have improved. Now getting about 13 to 14 hours of usage. 4 hours screen time

donhr

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Dropping back to 10 to 11 hours total usage with 3 hours screen time. Really weird and frustrating. Any one else care to share?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11