Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G3 Battery Life experience. Whats yours?

Was a loyal samsung user and always had a problem w batt life. Switched to HTC M8 and had excellent battery life. It would last me the whole day and more.

My first half day with G3 and the rate it is consuming batt seems like i am back to the samsung days. I was hoping for better battery life considering G2 was excellent batt life from reviews. Display is set at 25% and ive turned off location and all other usual tips and tricks.

Im hoping batt life improves after a few cycles. Care to share your battery experiences?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: G3 Battery Life experience. Whats yours?

On third cycle through. Average of 4.5 hr screen on time

Topgonzo likes this.

If it reassures you at all the battery life on my Lumia 1020 seemed so bad at first that I thought I might have a duff battery. After a few days however all was well. I know this is not G3, but I think that apparent battery problems in the first few days of a new phone are a common experience.

Topgonzo and khodr.chehab like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok on my second cycle. . Lost 10% in 6 hours while i was sleeping. Is that right?

That's less than my G2 loses in the same time, so it's probably OK.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

What are your screen times and batt lifes?

I see the G2 getting more screen on time because mostly because the G3 has to work with a higher resolution and overall bigger display.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

What do you use for screen on time figures? Ive notice gsam giving phantom screen usage. I did not useit for a full hour and there were minutes added on to it. Which might give others to think they have long screen times. The stock battery app gave me accurate readings for screen usage. Im seeing higher android system % too. Higher than the screen time. It doesnt seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by donhr View Post
    Ok on my second cycle. . Lost 10% in 6 hours while i was sleeping. Is that right?
    Seems a bit high, but early days perhaps? Overnight my Lumia 1020 and Nexus 5 normally lose no more than about 5% and often less than. Like you I've got various things switched off.

On the basis of my current usage patterns, I would not be comfortable with merely half the screen time that I currently get on my G Flex. In comparison it cannot be underestimated just how much I want to know more about the rumored Flex 2.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

On the plus side, 8 hoursof standby time while i was asleep and it only consumed 2%. Its the actual usage o have to figure outhm how to lower consumption

2% loss overnight is good. Usage is usage, but don't you get a spare battery with the G3 which would help in that respect?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

No spare batt when i bought it here in Philippines. Currently getting around 4 hours screen time. Around 11 hours total from start 100% till zero percent.

Any comparative data?

No spare batt when i bought it here in Philippines. Currently getting around 4 hours screen time. Around 11 hours total from start 100% till zero percent.

Any comparative data?

How much did it cost in PI?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    How much did it cost in PI?
    US $818 unlocked 32Gb. Pay reservation fee of 68$ (deductible) and you get free circle case and wireless charger

US $818 unlocked 32Gb. Pay reservation fee of 68$ (deductible) and you get free circle case and wireless charger

Ouch, much more than a M8 or S5. Thats like 8 mos of rent where my aunt lives (dagupan) lol
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

After a few cycles battery life seems to have improved. Now getting about 13 to 14 hours of usage. 4 hours screen time

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Dropping back to 10 to 11 hours total usage with 3 hours screen time. Really weird and frustrating. Any one else care to share?

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

That's an excellent time to drain ratio. My S4 loses 60-70% unplugged overnight.
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    That's an excellent time to drain ratio. My S4 loses 60-70% unplugged overnight.
    Theres something wrong if u losing that much

Dropping back to 10 to 11 hours total usage with 3 hours screen time. Really weird and frustrating. Any one else care to share?

This is worrying. I beg your pardon for suggesting it, but is it possible that your methods of measuring might be rather rough-and-ready, and that you are in fact getting much the same battery life now as earlier? Otherwise, it's worrying.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    This is worrying. I beg your pardon for suggesting it, but is it possible that your methods of measuring might be rather rough-and-ready, and that you are in fact getting much the same battery life now as earlier? Otherwise, it's worrying.

I just use the battery settings stats. Was bad at first if you are following my thread. It improved after a few cycles. However, it has now gone back to really short battery life. Two things of note, I just started using the circle case and also the wireless charger.

Thanked by 2:

If your use of case and wireless charging are coincident with reduced battery life it looks like there's a connection...though often life tricks us in these ways. But assume there is. It's unlikely to be the circle case. So it's the w.c. It's hard to believe that w.c. puts a sort of inferior quality of electricity through, but perhaps not impossible to believe that the battery behaves differently when charged this way...has a reduced capacity, say. This is where we need people who actually KNOW what they're talking about and I'm afraid that counts me out. I hope you solve it. Have you tried a normal mains charge to see if it's better?

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    If your use of case and wireless charging are coincident with reduced battery life it looks like there's a connection...though often life tricks us in these ways. But assume there is. It's unlikely to be the circle case. So it's the w.c. It's hard to believe that w.c. puts a sort of inferior quality of electricity through, but perhaps not impossible to believe that the battery behaves differently when charged this way...has a reduced capacity, say. This is where we need people who actually KNOW what they're talking about and I'm afraid that counts me out. I hope you solve it. Have you tried a normal mains charge to see if it's better?

I will run a test this week logging all stats each day and trying out circle case, no case, wireless charging, mains charging, etc. Will give regular updates. .

Thanked by 2:

I hoped it would perform as well as the g2 but I don't think it will. What I do know is that that will outperform my M 7 as far as battery goes

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast