LG G3 First Sighting

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Earlier today I saw the G3 on display at the Three store in my home town (in UK). Switched her on and My word! what a beauty she is. Vast slab of screen, exceedingly sharp with not a pixel in sight. I pulled out the +4D reading glasses stowed in my top pocket for precisely such purposes and got in close. Even so I could not see the sharpening haloes mentioned by some reviewers and users. Of course maximum brightness was set, which seemed to be about the same as my Nexus 5, which I had with me, at 70%, but difficult to tell in the bright store environment.
Could not stay too long but after those few minutes with her I think that there is now almost no doubt at all that I shall be buying.

Posted via Android Central App

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
What's it priced there? Looks like I gotta look at Expansys if I want it early

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's £499 from Three on pay-as-you-go, with a minimum top-up of £10 required. Three now sell their phones unlocked which is highly commendable, though I imagine they're set up to work with their network, though not locked to it.
From Carphone Warehouse a sim-free G3 is £479.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a g3 on three in the UK yesterday. I'll do a review at some point,just taking my time to get used to it first. I've come from a nexus 5. The 3 version does show 3 on boot up and has a couple of 3 apps so it is network specific even if unlocked which I was surprised about.

Initial impressions are good although software more sluggish than I'd like. I'm wondering if I'm due a software update as the one in the store had one waiting but nothing has shown up. Screen is lovely although slightly disappointed with max brightness. Signal strengh perhaps disappointing as lower at my work desk that nexus 5 was although everything still seems to work.

Actually went in the shop thinking I'd get a one m8 but having played with the 2 the HTC just didn't do it for me for some reason. I think once you've seen the bigger screen its hard to compromise!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
How many signal strength bars do you get compared to your Nexus?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just started another thread. I have low signal anyway at work. On nexus was around -95dBm. On G3 it's about 10dBm lower than that and cuts out in the centre of the building where the nexus didn't

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Had another look at the G3 in the Three store. My Nexus 5 display seems yellowish in comparison. Fancied I could just discern sharpening haloes but if so, not troublesome. Took (with permission) couple of shots with my Lumia 1020, which may have added artefacts of its own to the screenshot here....I don't mean the grid, which is a feature of high-res Nokia Camera editing feature.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140701_0006.jpg
    wp_ss_20140701_0006.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 158

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Display looked superb. Another detail, closer (but again, the Nokia may have contributed something):

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140701_0007.jpg
    wp_ss_20140701_0007.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 155

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Display looked superb. Another detail, closer (but again, the Nokia may have contributed something):

I plan on walking by the Three store after work today and having a shot of it :) I passed it this morning, but the shop was closed. I could see it just winking at me

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh, it winks. It knows you've got five hundred pound notes in your pocket and are very ready to hand them over.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have zero notes in my pocket lol :) just due an upgrade soonish

You're laughing then. Any problems and they'll have to sort it out fast. Any problems if you've bought the handset and it tends to get sorted slowly.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Can now see sharpening haloes but they didn't trouble me as they seem to have done Erica Griffin in her review. Said I'd buy...but they were out of stock. Is this Fate intervening?
Some of the store assistants in my home town seem to (okay, do) think I'm a little odd for wanting another phone when I've already got two. Anybody else got more than one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo