Moto X to G3

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I did the opposite, have had my korean version of the g3 for a few weeks now and its a great phone but a week ago bought another ebony moto x and havent picked up the G3 since. Jut love the features of the moto x. The Touchless controls and moto assist are bar none the best phone features ever for me. Gimmicks are Gimmicks but these features i use daily

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Moto X with my Nexus 7 2013 for a while now. I find myself using the phone a lot more, and while I love the features of the X, it's just too small! I started looking at the Note 3 to replace both my devices with one, but decided to hold out for the G3 or Note 4. I've had the G2, and both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5, so the G3 seems like a no-brainer. Well, that and the fact that the Note 4 is vaporware right now.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that'll be a huge jump in size
Yea hopefully I'll get used to it pretty quick. I love the Moto X but ready to get something bigger. Mainly for better battery life and the bigger screen. I watch so much stuff on my phone I think the size trade off will be worth it. The Moto X battery gets me through most days but if its a heavy usage day its dead by about 1 or so with 4 hours screen time. Like yesterday I was using google maps for a few hours and streaming music via Bluetooth in my car at the same time and my battery was pretty much dead by 1 with 4 hours screen time. That's not bad at all but I think the G3 or Note 4 would get me through an entire day regardless of my usage.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yea hopefully I'll get used to it pretty quick. I love the Moto X but ready to get something bigger. Mainly for better battery life and the bigger screen. I watch so much stuff on my phone I think the size trade off will be worth it. The Moto X battery gets me through most days but if its a heavy usage day its dead by about 1 or so with 4 hours screen time. Like yesterday I was using google maps for a few hours and streaming music via Bluetooth in my car at the same time and my battery was pretty much dead by 1 with 4 hours screen time. That's not bad at all but I think the G3 or Note 4 would get me through an entire day regardless of my usage.

I tried the HTC One Max and found it to be too big for me. Mainly it is so big because of the speakers on the front. It was a great phone, but geez the size. I'm back to the G2 now. It's still bigger than the X, but the minimal bezel is great. I hate bezels. The 5.2" screen is perfect for watching movies, which I do a lot of. I don't miss the speakers because I always use a headset. I'm going to have to hold the G3 and see just how much bigger it is from the G2 before I make the jump. The G2's pretty big IMO, so anything larger...

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

+1

Posted via Android Central App

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried the HTC One Max and found it to be too big for me. Mainly it is so big because of the speakers on the front. It was a great phone, but geez the size. I'm back to the G2 now. It's still bigger than the X, but the minimal bezel is great. I hate bezels. The 5.2" screen is perfect for watching movies, which I do a lot of. I don't miss the speakers because I always use a headset. I'm going to have to hold the G3 and see just how much bigger it is from the G2 before I make the jump. The G2's pretty big IMO, so anything larger...
Yea the size will be the biggest trade off for me. I think it will be worth it considering everything the G3 or Note 4 has. Even the next Moto X is supposed to be at least 5.2 inch screen. The next iPhone is going to be 4.7 and 5.5 inch screens I believe. Phones are getting bigger so I figured I might as well get used to carrying a bigger phone.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

If your using it like that in your car, why don't you have it charging? Using Google Maps for a few hours and streaming music at the same time is enough to put a big dent in any phone's battery.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
If your using it like that in your car, why don't you have it charging? Using Google Maps for a few hours and streaming music at the same time is enough to put a big dent in any phone's battery.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
I guess I'm afraid it'll get to hot. Google maps and streaming music via Bluetooth usually puts my battery temperature around 110°. I don't usually use those two at the same time but like I said in my previous post I'm ready to have a phone where I don't have to worry about the battery at all. I had the Galaxy Nexus before my Moto X and it had terrible battery life even running Baldwinguy's ROM and custom kernels. Moto X is much better and gets me though most days except the few heavy usage days here and there. I just do so much on my phone, mainly monitoring my stock portfolio, that I can't really stand to have a dead phone at 1pm.

Last edited:

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm afraid it'll get to hot. Google maps and streaming music via Bluetooth usually puts my battery temperature around 110°. I don't usually use those two at the same time but like I said in my previous post I'm ready to have a phone where I don't have to worry about the battery at all. I had the Galaxy Nexus before my Moto X and it had terrible battery life even running Baldwinguy's ROM and custom kernels. Moto X is much better and gets me though most days except the few heavy usage days here and there. I just do so much on my phone, mainly monitoring my stock portfolio, that I can't really stand to have a dead phone at 1pm if I need to use it a lot.

I charge my Moto X while doing that all the time. It does get warm sometimes, but it is never shut itself down with its built-in heat overload which most phones have. I'm not trying to talk you out of getting any phone, that's your decision. And hopefully a g3 will get you through the day like your wanting it to with your heavy usage.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I charge my Moto X while doing that all the time. It does get warm sometimes, but it is never shut itself down with its built-in heat overload which most phones have. I'm not trying to talk you out of getting any phone, that's your decision. And hopefully a g3 will get you through the day like your wanting it to with your heavy usage.

That's not the only reason. Camera on the Moto X in low light, or non-natural light, leaves a lot to be desired. Outside with natural light it makes great pics and videos but I take most of my pics inside. I'm not bashing the X, it's a really good phone just has a few shortcomings in my opinion. Then again no phone is perfect.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That's not the only reason. Camera on the Moto X in low light, or non-natural light, leaves a lot to be desired. Outside with natural light it makes great pics and videos but I take most of my pics inside. I'm not bashing the X, it's a really good phone just has a few shortcomings in my opinion. Then again no phone is perfect.

So true, no phone is perfect. If there were one, all others would become obsolete. On a positive note, I have heard good things should happen for the MotoX camera once it gets the 4.4.4 update.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
So true, no phone is perfect. If there were one, all others would become obsolete. On a positive note, I have heard good things should happen for the MotoX camera once it gets the 4.4.4 update.

Good to know about the 4.4.4 camera updates. I'll keep my eye out for that.