Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ratchetjaw#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto X to G3

    Yeah I'm thinking it..

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    All the cool kids are doing it.

    Mav.

    Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

    I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    I did the opposite, have had my korean version of the g3 for a few weeks now and its a great phone but a week ago bought another ebony moto x and havent picked up the G3 since. Jut love the features of the moto x. The Touchless controls and moto assist are bar none the best phone features ever for me. Gimmicks are Gimmicks but these features i use daily
    Evilnut likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    I'll be going from Moto X to either the G3 or Note 4. Haven't decided yet.
  5. #5  
    Last Ride's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    I've been using my Moto X with my Nexus 7 2013 for a while now. I find myself using the phone a lot more, and while I love the features of the X, it's just too small! I started looking at the Note 3 to replace both my devices with one, but decided to hold out for the G3 or Note 4. I've had the G2, and both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5, so the G3 seems like a no-brainer. Well, that and the fact that the Note 4 is vaporware right now.

    Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonforce View Post
    I'll be going from Moto X to either the G3 or Note 4. Haven't decided yet.
    Wow, that'll be a huge jump in size
    Proud owner of: Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon 64GB & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, M8, White LG G3, and iPhone 6
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Wow, that'll be a huge jump in size
    Yea hopefully I'll get used to it pretty quick. I love the Moto X but ready to get something bigger. Mainly for better battery life and the bigger screen. I watch so much stuff on my phone I think the size trade off will be worth it. The Moto X battery gets me through most days but if its a heavy usage day its dead by about 1 or so with 4 hours screen time. Like yesterday I was using google maps for a few hours and streaming music via Bluetooth in my car at the same time and my battery was pretty much dead by 1 with 4 hours screen time. That's not bad at all but I think the G3 or Note 4 would get me through an entire day regardless of my usage.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonforce View Post
    Yea hopefully I'll get used to it pretty quick. I love the Moto X but ready to get something bigger. Mainly for better battery life and the bigger screen. I watch so much stuff on my phone I think the size trade off will be worth it. The Moto X battery gets me through most days but if its a heavy usage day its dead by about 1 or so with 4 hours screen time. Like yesterday I was using google maps for a few hours and streaming music via Bluetooth in my car at the same time and my battery was pretty much dead by 1 with 4 hours screen time. That's not bad at all but I think the G3 or Note 4 would get me through an entire day regardless of my usage.
    I tried the HTC One Max and found it to be too big for me. Mainly it is so big because of the speakers on the front. It was a great phone, but geez the size. I'm back to the G2 now. It's still bigger than the X, but the minimal bezel is great. I hate bezels. The 5.2" screen is perfect for watching movies, which I do a lot of. I don't miss the speakers because I always use a headset. I'm going to have to hold the G3 and see just how much bigger it is from the G2 before I make the jump. The G2's pretty big IMO, so anything larger...
    Proud owner of: Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon 64GB & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, M8, White LG G3, and iPhone 6
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonforce View Post
    Yea hopefully I'll get used to it pretty quick. I love the Moto X but ready to get something bigger. Mainly for better battery life and the bigger screen. I watch so much stuff on my phone I think the size trade off will be worth it. The Moto X battery gets me through most days but if its a heavy usage day its dead by about 1 or so with 4 hours screen time. Like yesterday I was using google maps for a few hours and streaming music via Bluetooth in my car at the same time and my battery was pretty much dead by 1 with 4 hours screen time. That's not bad at all but I think the G3 or Note 4 would get me through an entire day regardless of my usage.
    +1

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    I tried the HTC One Max and found it to be too big for me. Mainly it is so big because of the speakers on the front. It was a great phone, but geez the size. I'm back to the G2 now. It's still bigger than the X, but the minimal bezel is great. I hate bezels. The 5.2" screen is perfect for watching movies, which I do a lot of. I don't miss the speakers because I always use a headset. I'm going to have to hold the G3 and see just how much bigger it is from the G2 before I make the jump. The G2's pretty big IMO, so anything larger...
    Yea the size will be the biggest trade off for me. I think it will be worth it considering everything the G3 or Note 4 has. Even the next Moto X is supposed to be at least 5.2 inch screen. The next iPhone is going to be 4.7 and 5.5 inch screens I believe. Phones are getting bigger so I figured I might as well get used to carrying a bigger phone.
  11. #11  
    saichick04's Avatar

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Wow, that'll be a huge jump in size
    This...

    But I agree. That's a big difference lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonforce View Post
    Yea hopefully I'll get used to it pretty quick. I love the Moto X but ready to get something bigger. Mainly for better battery life and the bigger screen. I watch so much stuff on my phone I think the size trade off will be worth it. The Moto X battery gets me through most days but if its a heavy usage day its dead by about 1 or so with 4 hours screen time. Like yesterday I was using google maps for a few hours and streaming music via Bluetooth in my car at the same time and my battery was pretty much dead by 1 with 4 hours screen time. That's not bad at all but I think the G3 or Note 4 would get me through an entire day regardless of my usage.
    If your using it like that in your car, why don't you have it charging? Using Google Maps for a few hours and streaming music at the same time is enough to put a big dent in any phone's battery.

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    If your using it like that in your car, why don't you have it charging? Using Google Maps for a few hours and streaming music at the same time is enough to put a big dent in any phone's battery.

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    I guess I'm afraid it'll get to hot. Google maps and streaming music via Bluetooth usually puts my battery temperature around 110°. I don't usually use those two at the same time but like I said in my previous post I'm ready to have a phone where I don't have to worry about the battery at all. I had the Galaxy Nexus before my Moto X and it had terrible battery life even running Baldwinguy's ROM and custom kernels. Moto X is much better and gets me though most days except the few heavy usage days here and there. I just do so much on my phone, mainly monitoring my stock portfolio, that I can't really stand to have a dead phone at 1pm.
    Last edited by Crimsonforce; 07-06-2014 at 04:18 PM.
  14. #14  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonforce View Post
    I guess I'm afraid it'll get to hot. Google maps and streaming music via Bluetooth usually puts my battery temperature around 110°. I don't usually use those two at the same time but like I said in my previous post I'm ready to have a phone where I don't have to worry about the battery at all. I had the Galaxy Nexus before my Moto X and it had terrible battery life even running Baldwinguy's ROM and custom kernels. Moto X is much better and gets me though most days except the few heavy usage days here and there. I just do so much on my phone, mainly monitoring my stock portfolio, that I can't really stand to have a dead phone at 1pm if I need to use it a lot.
    I charge my Moto X while doing that all the time. It does get warm sometimes, but it is never shut itself down with its built-in heat overload which most phones have. I'm not trying to talk you out of getting any phone, that's your decision. And hopefully a g3 will get you through the day like your wanting it to with your heavy usage.

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    I charge my Moto X while doing that all the time. It does get warm sometimes, but it is never shut itself down with its built-in heat overload which most phones have. I'm not trying to talk you out of getting any phone, that's your decision. And hopefully a g3 will get you through the day like your wanting it to with your heavy usage.

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    That's not the only reason. Camera on the Moto X in low light, or non-natural light, leaves a lot to be desired. Outside with natural light it makes great pics and videos but I take most of my pics inside. I'm not bashing the X, it's a really good phone just has a few shortcomings in my opinion. Then again no phone is perfect.
  16. #16  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonforce View Post
    That's not the only reason. Camera on the Moto X in low light, or non-natural light, leaves a lot to be desired. Outside with natural light it makes great pics and videos but I take most of my pics inside. I'm not bashing the X, it's a really good phone just has a few shortcomings in my opinion. Then again no phone is perfect.
    So true, no phone is perfect. If there were one, all others would become obsolete. On a positive note, I have heard good things should happen for the MotoX camera once it gets the 4.4.4 update.

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    So true, no phone is perfect. If there were one, all others would become obsolete. On a positive note, I have heard good things should happen for the MotoX camera once it gets the 4.4.4 update.

    Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    Good to know about the 4.4.4 camera updates. I'll keep my eye out for that.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Moto X to G3

    you should take a hard look at the droid maxx if your on big V . it has the larger screen and a battery that just wont die.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 01:33 AM
  2. Add yahoo email to email
    By shiflerg in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 12:18 AM
  3. Android US marketshare increases to 62%
    By JeffDenver in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 04:29 PM
  4. verizon note 2 flash to tmobile
    By klinetree in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 06:06 PM
  5. Horoscope App - Aiming to be the BEST
    By Nikola Kosev in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions