Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So did you Pre-Order the T-Mobile LG G3?

As everybody knows T-Mobile has the G3 already on Pre-Order, just post here if you have or haven't or planning or had issues or whatever you want about the G3

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: So did you Pre-Order the T-Mobile LG G3?

Yep, I did.
    erwaso likes this.

I did as well! Can't wait for this thing!

Quick question, can you pre-order without picking a data plan. I just want the phone and will plug in my existing sim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kommish View Post
    Quick question, can you pre-order without picking a data plan. I just want the phone and will plug in my existing sim.

Thanks
    I tweeted them yesterday and they said you could.

I was going to preorder it online but what has held me back is the shipping charges. For standard shipping 5-7 days business days its $6.99 and next day air is $24.99. However for "New" customers the shipping is Free. I think I might just wait till July 16 to buy it from the store. I am upgrading from Jump and customer service can't do it over the phone (They usually waive the new day shipping for me over the phone). I'm disappointed T-Mobile doesn't have the Gold model either.

Quote Originally Posted by gummyjelly View Post
    I was going to preorder it online but what has held me back is the shipping charges. For standard shipping 5-7 days business days its $6.99 and next day air is $24.99. However for "New" customers the shipping is Free. I think I might just wait till July 16 to buy it from the store. I am upgrading from Jump and customer service can't do it over the phone (They usually waive the new day shipping for me over the phone). I'm disappointed T-Mobile doesn't have the Gold model either.
    Oh come on, go buy a yellow carbon fiber skin or something, seriously?

Yeah, shipping was a little steep. Ended up paying $673 for fastest shipping + taxes + phone.
    They better ship these things early for that kind of money. lol
    gummyjelly likes this.

Yeah, I'm getting the black one. Although the confirmation email I got from TMO on my Jump upgrade said I'd get the phone on July 5th. Been on the phone with them for 25 minutes trying to confirm if it'll actually be here on Saturday or in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevbosky View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting the black one. Although the confirmation email I got from TMO on my Jump upgrade said I'd get the phone on July 5th. Been on the phone with them for 25 minutes trying to confirm if it'll actually be here on Saturday or in two weeks.
    Let us know what they say.
    Chances are your order is just processing, and that the delivery estimate is based on if the phone would ship today.
    Mine said it would be delivered on July 1st (paid for overnight shipping), but got a back order message early the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Oh come on, go buy a yellow carbon fiber skin or something, seriously?
    I've had a white phone since iPhone came out with it.. iPhone 4S, Galaxy s3, Galaxy s4 and LG g2, all white. I was ready for a change in color and the Gold one is gorgeous. Looks like Sprint got digs on it I was looking forward to the violet one as well, not sure which carrier will get that one blah and I don't want black, had way too many black phones heh.

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM

I'm supposed to be getting mine on Tuesday.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I got a msg saying its Back ordered, what does that mean? When could I expect it?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSmile View Post
    I got a msg saying its Back ordered, what does that mean? When could I expect it?

That's normal for pre-orders since it's currently not in stock.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

I did. I can't wait!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

I've had a white phone since iPhone came out with it.. iPhone 4S, Galaxy s3, Galaxy s4 and LG g2, all white. I was ready for a change in color and the Gold one is gorgeous. Looks like Sprint got digs on it ������ I was looking forward to the violet one as well, not sure which carrier will get that one ������ blah and I don't want black, had way too many black phones heh.
    This is the other reason why they make skins. Go buy one. In fact, go buy several.

I'll be pre ordering and selling my moto X. Want a bigger screen my eyes are going a big bad.

This is the other reason why they make skins. Go buy one. In fact, go buy several.
    I've never tried the skins before. I usually just put a thin case on the phones. I will be trying out a skin for it. Any suggestions on a good brand to try?

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

I've never tried the skins before. I usually just put a thin case on the phones. I will be trying out a skin for it. Any suggestions on a good brand to try?

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    I've used ArmorSuit and Skinomi, they're both pretty good. Skinomi's screen protectors are good too, two for one.

Personally I do ultra-slim TPU cases usually, helps soften impacts from drops more. I'm worried that even a slim case might make the G3 too wide though.
    Flagz likes this.

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

I've used ArmorSuit and Skinomi, they're both pretty good. Skinomi's screen protectors are good too, two for one.

Personally I do ultra-slim TPU cases usually, helps soften impacts from drops more. I'm worried that even a slim case might make the G3 too wide though.
    Yeah with the lack of some real bezel, I think any case will make it to wide aswell. );

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Pre-ordered mine on day 1 next day air. Said it would be delivered July 1st...nope. Got an email July 2nd saying it was backordered. Called yesterday to see if they knew when units were shopping and they now show on their end that units will ship within 12 days of ordering (their website has said 5 the entire time). I'll be very upset if this thing shows up at my house the day it's released in stores. Oh, and black one for me

Quote Originally Posted by fbihawk View Post
    Pre-ordered mine on day 1 next day air. Said it would be delivered July 1st...nope. Got an email July 2nd saying it was backordered. Called yesterday to see if they knew when units were shopping and they now show on their end that units will ship within 12 days of ordering (their website has said 5 the entire time). I'll be very upset if this thing shows up at my house the day it's released in stores. Oh, and black one for me

That's normal for pre-orders though? Even the pre-order button on their site says that it will ship by the 15th... So they are definitely not guaranteed to come early. I'm hoping they will, but it would be a little silly to expect the device to arrive early.

Yeppers. Preordered phones on a couple carriers. While once I did get it 2 days earlier than release. They usually ship them to show up on release day.

Pre-order is basically just reserving a phone.

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fbihawk View Post

Usually phone preorders (as Jdane07 said) show up on the day of release. You might receive it a day or so early but that's a rare case. If you check your order details via Tmobile, everyday you should see the phone pushed back one day until release day. That how my details are at least.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    Usually phone preorders (as Jdane07 said) show up on the day of release. You might receive it a day or so early but that's a rare case. If you check your order details via Tmobile, everyday you should see the phone pushed back one day until release day. That how my details are at least.
    should I be worried if I can't see my order details online. I'm not because I figured it wouldn't show up till shipped but better to check with people that have pre-ordered before....
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast