Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By npaladin-2000
  • 1 Post By numetheus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Should I wait for Galaxy F or get LG G3 when it releases?

I'm so ready to get my first Android phone and the LG G3 looks great. No complaints. However, everybody and their moms know that the Galaxy F is coming in September. I don't have to much faith that Same/Samsung will have THAT much improvement in the F from the S5 to make me super jealous. I've been told to wait for the phone I really want, but with not much info on the Galaxy F right now, I'm not too sure if that really is the phone I should wait for when the LG G3 seems pretty much perfect.

Thoughts and opnions are very welcome.

Default Re: Should I wait for Galaxy F or get LG G3 when it releases?

We're not quite sure yet that G3 really IS pretty much perfect....no doubt you've checked reviews and user posts. I find that I'm still slightly hesitant, though here in UK I could ho and buy one right now.
    But September is a mighty long way away.

Posted via Android Central App

I mean go, I think.

Actually I think ho is better.

Some say, like PocketNow.com that there be NO Galaxy F so why wait???

You're in the LG G3 forum. You should be able to guess what we're going to tell you.

Seriously, if you're not sure, don't buy. Wait until you're sure. Frankly waiting for the next big thing might have you waiting for forever, but you should try to buy with as little buyer's remorse as possible.
    BBSeattle and scottysize like this.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    You're in the LG G3 forum. You should be able to guess what we're going to tell you.

Seriously, if you're not sure, don't buy. Wait until you're sure. Frankly waiting for the next big thing might have you waiting for forever, but you should try to buy with as little buyer's remorse as possible.
    I say to him stop being a pansy and go LG G3! LOL. All joking aside though, I think Galaxy phones are ugly. The F series looks like the same ugly with different materials. A real turd, and a pastic turd both look like turds. I'm not going to keep one around on my table.
    gummyjelly likes this.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

If I could buy the phone today I would. Best buy has a $50 gift card offer that expires on July 12th for buying and activating a new phone. Somehow I don't think AT&T and LG will have it out by then. Doh!! Oh well there will be other deals I'm sure.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

This is pretty much the same decision I am trying to make right now. I really want the 805 chipset with the QHD screen and the Prime should have that. However, my current S3 is struggling right now and doesn't even notify me when I get a text most of the times so my patience is wearing thin. All thing equal, if my S3 was working properly I would wait for the Prime. Since it isn't the likelihood that I will wait to replace my S3 is very slim so the G3 is most likely my next phone. One final note: the Prime availability may be limited so there's a chance you won't even have the option to buy one.

My dilemma is whether to wait for the Note 4 or get the LG G3. I've got an upgrade coming in the next few weeks. I really like the look of the LG G3 but I'm using the note 3 now and I love it. It's hard as we don't know what the note 4 will have but I'm expecting everything the S5 has and then some.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    My dilemma is whether to wait for the Note 4 or get the LG G3. I've got an upgrade coming in the next few weeks. I really like the look of the LG G3 but I'm using the note 3 now and I love it. It's hard as we don't know what the note 4 will have but I'm expecting everything the S5 has and then some.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    The Note line is one that seems to get Samsung's design and spec attention. This should be one mindblowing smartphone in these terms.

I would presume it will have an 805 chip no doubt clocked at 2.7ghz, 3 but I would think that they may opt for 4gb of ram, they will no doubt stick with 32gb base storage expandable upto 128gb. The screen will be quad HD and I would think a 3500mah battery.

But I'm still unsure on the design, the S5's was very very poor in my opinion, but as I said the Note seems to get Samsung's focus so who knows.

The G3 is a great smartphone, that I love the design and build of, and has some great features.

You won't be disappointed if you opt for the G3, but in terms of specs I think Samsung is going to go for it with the Note 4.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I have the G Flex & Note 3...this G3 doesn't impress me. I have had half the day. Returning it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post

Nice. I like that response ^^^^^

No no, go head and get the SamCrappy phone.

Just wait.

Just remember, while you are waiting for the next awesome phone, another one will be announced that looks better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    The Note line is one that seems to get Samsung's design and spec attention. This should be one mindblowing smartphone in these terms.

I would presume it will have an 805 chip no doubt clocked at 2.7ghz, 3 but I would think that they may opt for 4gb of ram, they will no doubt stick with 32gb base storage expandable upto 128gb. The screen will be quad HD and I would think a 3500mah battery.

But I'm still unsure on the design, the S5's was very very poor in my opinion, but as I said the Note seems to get Samsung's focus so who knows.

The G3 is a great smartphone, that I love the design and build of, and has some great features.

You won't be disappointed if you opt for the G3, but in terms of specs I think Samsung is going to go for it with the Note 4.

I did end up with the G3. So much for waiting. I'm. Starting to like it now, initially I didn't take to it but now I'm getting used to it.

Posted via my LG G3
    Banned

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

Why didn't you like it at first? Very curious

Quote Originally Posted by billbrobaggins View Post
    Why didn't you like it at first? Very curious

It was taking me some time to get used to coming from using Samsung galaxy devices for the past 2.5 years. I think that was the main reason. I also had to manually set up my Internet data, some apps are incompatible, it overheated initially as I was downloading all my apps and this caused video playback from my SD card to stutter.

I think they were the main reasons.

Posted via my LG G3