New convert - from WP8.1 to a LG G3

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
First lets start with the background. I've owned an Android phone, two actually. Both while I was waiting to receive my backordered Windows Phone devices - the GS3 & the GS4. I spent maybe three weeks total with combined usage. I've spent more (several months) with an iPhone. Now I'm looking to switch once again until the rumored "McLaren" windows phone hits Tmobile later this year. Anywho, this is gonna be my first FULL android experience, and I have a few concerns.

1) Contact Data sync via Social Apps
2) Full OneDrive support
3) Flat UI & Minimalist approach

These are my big points, I haven't added a contact picture due to Facebook in a LONG time, I need full OneDrive picture auto upload support, and is there anyway to get a "Flat" UI. I know metros out of the question, but I hate the cluttered SGS5 icons. Thanks for the help!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First lets start with the background. I've owned an Android phone, two actually. Both while I was waiting to receive my backordered Windows Phone devices - the GS3 & the GS4. I spent maybe three weeks total with combined usage. I've spent more (several months) with an iPhone. Now I'm looking to switch once again until the rumored "McLaren" windows phone hits Tmobile later this year. Anywho, this is gonna be my first FULL android experience, and I have a few concerns.

1) Contact Data sync via Social Apps
2) Full OneDrive support
3) Flat UI & Minimalist approach

These are my big points, I haven't added a contact picture due to Facebook in a LONG time, I need full OneDrive picture auto upload support, and is there anyway to get a "Flat" UI. I know metros out of the question, but I hate the cluttered SGS5 icons. Thanks for the help!

I almost hate replying as I don't have any answers but one. Facebook contact sycing is up to you. If you don't want your face shown, then you don't have to have it. If you do, then you can. It's a setting in the app. As for the other two, maybe someone more experienced than me will chime in. I tried a Windows 8.1 phone for half a day. I returned it when I found out that there was no Sirius Radio app. That's a huge deal breaker for me since I listen to Sirius radio on my phone everyday. Good luck with your decision.

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So wait, lets say I have two friends. Joe and Smith. Joe doesn't want his face shown, but smith does then ill only gets smiths face? Or is it up to me is I get to choose if I WANT the faces shown for EVERYONE or not? Windows Phone automatically shows everyone's profile pic and updates it every hour I believe. AHH of that's the case that's awful. Its gonna take a long time to get my profile pics in but I guess there's nothing I can do );

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So wait, lets say I have two friends. Joe and Smith. Joe doesn't want his face shown, but smith does then ill only gets smiths face? Or is it up to me is I get to choose if I WANT the faces shown for EVERYONE or not? Windows Phone automatically shows everyone's profile pic and updates it every hour I believe. AHH of that's the case that's awful. Its gonna take a long time to get my profile pics in but I guess there's nothing I can do );
Android's app works the same way if I remember correctly. I turned off contact sync, but if I turn it on, then it's up to the person's profile settings as to if I see their picture or not. Most don't lock down their profiles so much that you can't see their picture, except my wife.

Anyways, yes, if you sync FB contacts, you will eventually see everyone's profile picture in your contacts. Like you said, it might take an hour or so, but they'll show up.

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ahh fair enough. There was NO ONE in my contact (people) on Windows Phone who's Profile Pic was hidden so I figured it'll be the same here. I know you can hide details, phone number/contact info, location, likes, pictures etc. Wasn't sure if you can hide your profile picture though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez