LG G3 Wireless Charging and Screen

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
A couple of short misc questions

1. I see various info and am hoping a few answers here will be consistent. What if anything will need to be added to the Tmo G3 to use wireless charging? Can any charger be used, or just the LG one? For instance, can the Nexus 5 one be used? if so, which in all of your opinions is the best? I know that the Nexus 5 one worked with a case on. Will the LG one?

2. I am not the best at understanding the screen. The basics that a bigger screen with the same res will have a lower res. So If I get a qhd? wallpaper and show it on the LG G3 it will be optimized. What would it look like on the S5? Blurred, distorted as far as length or width longer?
So I have a ton of 1920x1080 wallpaper, to help me understand it more, does that mean that the s5 will show those better, or is that not the case?

Thank You Very Much
Eric

May 2, 2012
Visit site
1. I'm unsure about this one, hopefully someone else will come along w/ an answer for you.

2. A 2560x1440 wallpaper is going to look beautiful on the G3 w/ it's QHD display. A 1920x1080 wallpaper is going to look slightly blurred/distorted/pixelated on the G3 because it's being scaled up to fill the dimensions of the screen. Alternatively, a 2560x1440 is going to look beautiful on the S5 because it's either getting scaled down to fit, or displaying cropped at it's full size. To answer your question, all of your 1920x1080 wallpapers will look great on the S5, and blurred/distorted/pixelated on the G3.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
1. I'm unsure about this one, hopefully someone else will come along w/ an answer for you.

For the first question, the short answer is nobody knows for sure at the moment. T-Mo (and all the US carriers, for that matter) have been very tight-lipped about the availability of wireless charging on the G3. The general consensus is that it will be available, but not included by default. You'll need either a European back cover or LG's official circle case in order to get wireless charging to work.

As for the charger itself, if it's Qi then any Qi charger should technically work, be it from LG, Google, Zens, or some other company. However, some are claiming that AT&T's version won't support Qi but has a rival standard instead. So until the phone is actually available in stores, take all of this with a grain of salt. Best to sit tight and wait for official word before you go out and buy anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol