Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Hello all,

    Carrier IQ is alive and well on the G3 for att. It is disable-able with android tuner as long as you head over to android system and uncheck everything that says IQ in it.






    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 4:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present

    Didnt this thing eat the battery on the G2?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present

    I believe it did.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,075 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present

    It'll most likely be on the AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile versions.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    It'll most likely be on the AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile versions.
    I believe it was a toggle in settings for T-Mobile. You couldn't turn it off on att

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    It was easier to kill on g2. Downloaded tuner and trying to figure out

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    It was easier to kill on g2. Downloaded tuner and trying to figure out

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    I'll try getting a how to soon

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    I'll try getting a how to soon

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    I would be interested in how to turn this off so thanks!

    Sent from my seriously HD G3!
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Carrier IQ present on LG G3-screenshot.jpg
    This is the Sprint version
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I would be interested in how to turn this off so thanks!

    Sent from my seriously HD G3!
    Application manager, then swipe to apps, choose android system, hit open then details then swipe around and look for anything with carrier qi in it and turn it off

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    It'll most likely be on the AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile versions.
    Will not be on any sprint phone

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    Application manager, then swipe to apps, choose android system, hit open then details then swipe around and look for anything with carrier qi in it and turn it off

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    I must have deleted my app manager,and unable to pull up anywhere else. Any remedy?

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    I must have deleted my app manager,and unable to pull up anywhere else. Any remedy?

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    app manager within android tuner app. sorry
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    What's odd is that on the g2 we were able to disable from stock app manager,although you had to redo if you rebooted. I think you have to root to use tuner to freeze it?

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    What's odd is that on the g2 we were able to disable from stock app manager,although you had to redo if you rebooted. I think you have to root to use tuner to freeze it?

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Yep, you do need to be rooted. More than fair trade off, hate carrier IQ.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    Tikerz's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Just did this. Thanks!

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Okay I went in and killed all that I could find and also deleted system/lib carrier iq files. Running Voodoo Carrier IQ Detector I am still getting a score of 200 for

    Running Processes
    weight:200
    system 1644 312 897524 43748 fffffff 00000000 S diagandroid.iqd

    Anyone have any ideas how to get that sucker?

    Thank you!

    Here is my log if that helps:

    Carrier IQ has been found and is active
    Detection score: 200


    Test for: Linux kernel interfaces
    (KERNEL_INTERFACES, weight 50)

    nothing found


    Test for: Android logcat debugging log
    (LOGCAT, weight 100)

    nothing found


    Test for: Linux kernel drivers
    (KERNEL_DRIVERS, weight 50)

    nothing found


    Test for: System services
    (SERVICES, weight 70)

    nothing found


    Test for: ROM binaries and daemons
    (SYSTEM_BINARIES, weight 70)

    nothing found


    Test for: ROM configs
    (ETC_CONFIG, weight 0)

    nothing found


    Test for: Packages
    (PACKAGES, weight 70)

    nothing found


    Test for: Running processes
    (RUNNING_PROCESSES, weight 200)

    found: system 1644 312 897540 43748 ffffffff 00000000 S diagandroid.iqd


    Test for: Suspicious classes
    (SUSPICIOUS_CLASSES, weight 0)

    found: com.carrieriq.iqagent.service.receivers.BootCompletedReceiver


    Test for: Linux kernel dmesg log
    (DMESG, weight 100)

    nothing found
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    What does Carrier IQ do?
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Sprint came out right after Carrier IQ was released and said they would never incorporate it. Part of the reason I stick with them. They are good about privacy.

    Sent from my LGLS990
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by sinisin View Post
    Sprint came out right after Carrier IQ was released and said they would never incorporate it. Part of the reason I stick with them. They are good about privacy.

    Sent from my LGLS990
    Honestly I would switch to sprint it's just the signal that I can't get I past

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by OnYourKnees View Post
    What does Carrier IQ do?
    I did a little googling and it sounds like carrier IQ is capable of recording and transmitting everything that happens on the phone, including text messages and keystrokes. I emphasize "capable" because the company line is that they just do what their clients (i.e. AT&T, LG etc) ask. It's mostly a privacy issue.

    My personal view is that if you are really concerned about privacy then your best bet is to root your phone and scrub it down. Even then you're still using the carrier's cell towers so there's only so much you can do.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    IQ Decetor App do not work , try installing app manager and you will see some stuff about IQ as show in the first post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parnelli98 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	127435
    This is the Sprint version
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    AT&T is usually the big bad wolf with this. Verizon doesnt even use CIQ, not to my knowledge. T-Mobile should have it but be disable-able and Sprint doesnt use it either. Its actually listed as a feature on AT&T's website.....
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    I found it! I am totally clean now. There is a whole Carrier IQ app called LADDM.apk.

    Look at the processes first it's a whole rats nest of carrier IQ. Froze it first to make make sure it was okay and all was well so I deleted it. All gone, good riddance.

    So root then:
    (For ATT LG G3)

    Use Android Tuner
    Uncheck all Carrier IQ in Android system and then delete LADDM.apk (Back it up just in case). I also went into System lib and deleted the 2 carrier IQ files in there with Root explorer.
    Thanked by 2:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    723 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default Re: Carrier IQ present on LG G3

    Quote Originally Posted by SN707 View Post
    I found it! I am totally clean now. There is a whole Carrier IQ app called LADDM.apk.

    Look at the processes first it's a whole rats nest of carrier IQ. Froze it first to make make sure it was okay and all was well so I deleted it. All gone, good riddance.

    So root then:
    (For ATT LG G3)

    Use Android Tuner
    Uncheck all Carrier IQ in Android system and then delete LADDM.apk (Back it up just in case). I also went into System lib and deleted the 2 carrier IQ files in there with Root explorer.
    Voodoo carrier IQ detector showing zero?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Droid 4 on Straight Talk?
    By beanboy89 in forum Other US Carriers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 10:38 PM
  2. Questions for Current G3 Owners
    By ngc457 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 08:18 PM
  3. Please help!!!! My s3 wont turn on or charge!!!
    By Chris Wall in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 05:43 PM
  4. Rapid battery drain on 7" tablet.
    By dayzzz in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM
  5. It wont turn on
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions