Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone Move From The Droid Maxx have any Thoughts

Happy you moved? What do you miss the most? Enhancements in the G3 you love? Wireless charging work well?

Default Re: Anyone Move From The Droid Maxx have any Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldawg View Post
    Happy you moved? What do you miss the most? Enhancements in the G3 you love? Wireless charging work well?
    +1, I have the Maxx and curious myself.

Posted via Android Central App

Considering the maxx is a Verizon exclusive and the Verizon g3 isn't even out yet your thread will most likely come up fruitless.

I'm also curious. I'll more than likely be getting the G3 this weekend so I should have more insight then.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Bumping back up now that the G3 is available at Big Red

I've only has the G3 for a few hours but here are my thoughts so far. I have a hard time using it one handed like I could with the maxx. Is not really a big deal but I'll have to get used to it. The camera is super fast and takes way better pictures than the maxx. My battery has been draining fast but then again I've been using it a lot.

I'm also missing the almost stock android that the maxx had. LG's ui is better than Samsung but Google's is better. Those are my initial impressions.

Global Posts
    1,169 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on battery life after you settle back into your normal routine with it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by JediJesus95 View Post
    I've only has the G3 for a few hours but here are my thoughts so far. I have a hard time using it one handed like I could with the maxx. Is not really a big deal but I'll have to get used to it. The camera is super fast and takes way better pictures than the maxx. My battery has been draining fast but then again I've been using it a lot.

I'm also missing the almost stock android that the maxx had. LG's ui is better than Samsung but Google's is better. Those are my initial impressions.
    I would love to hear how the signal compares if you wouldn't mind thanks!

Got g3 yest was using Maxx. So far very happy with g3 very fast screen is awesome. I am missing active notifications but getting used to led again. Only had for one day so not sure on battery. Any questions fire away

I had the Maxx for a year and Maxx HD for a year. There's no comparison between the two as far as speed and lagginess. The Razrs where extremely slow in doing anything by the end of their life. The jump to the new hardware will be extremely noticeable for you. Now, having said that, There's a large size difference as far as top to bottom. I could use my Razrs one handed easily. The G3 is not a very good one handed phone. I've only had it since last night, but I can say that it is quite a bit bigger. As for battery life, I doubt it'll last as long as my 2 Maxx's but I bet it'll decent and get me through the day. I'll find out today. Also, since the battery's removable, that takes it to a whole new level. I don't have either Maxx left, otherwise I'd upload photos of the size difference. It'll take some getting use to, but it's so smooth that you probably won't mind the additional size.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8

This is my first day with a full battery. Signal wasn't as good as my Maxx but I never lost signal. It just dropped down to 3g a few times out in the boondocks.

Sunday should be a good test. I'll be in an area where the Maxx had weak signal.

Edit: I turned on battery saver right before I took this pic. Screen brightness ranged anywhere from 50%-100%.
    Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone Move From The Droid Maxx have any Thoughts-1405740262916.jpg