Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Charging Times

    How long does it take for the battery to fully charge? I've seen some reports of it taking a really long time. Thanks for any replies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Just got the phone today. On my first charge from 10%. It's been charging about 90 minutes and is at 40 with an estimated 2 hours and 45 minutes left to a full charge.

    I have yet to figure out how to take a screenshot

    Seems slow but battery isn't broken in yet.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    I have yet to figure out how to take a screenshot
    Power + Volume down

    Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Mine charged fairly quick. I was at 11%, came back 50 minutes later after working out and was at 59%.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Just got the phone today. On my first charge from 10%. It's been charging about 90 minutes and is at 40 with an estimated 2 hours and 45 minutes left to a full charge.

    I have yet to figure out how to take a screenshot

    Seems slow but battery isn't broken in yet.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Wow that's slow; are you using the chsrger that came with the phone in a wall outlet? The other guy above seems like he's having a normal charge time..,




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    Flagz's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

    Default Re: Charging Times

    The charge is EXTREMELY slow, especially when compared to Windows Phone coutnerparts. I used to be able to charge my 1520 from 10-15% to 100% in a matter of 45-50 minutes, and around 40-45 minutes for my 925. Now it takes ~1 1/2 hours to charge this thing. EXTREMELY disappointing.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    Wow that's slow; are you using the chsrger that came with the phone in a wall outlet? The other guy above seems like he's having a normal charge time..,




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah...I was just using another charger. I'll try the one in the box

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  
    DudeThatsErin's Avatar

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

    Default Re: Charging Times



    Just noticed this with the official charger in a wall socket. I don't get it. It should by slowly charging.
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked, NO ROOT OR ANYTHING) || Current Phone: LG G3 || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Wait...how do you have a brightness slider in the notification drop-down?

    What carrier do you have? I have the AT&T version and there's no slider there.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Wait...how do you have a brightness slider in the notification drop-down?

    What carrier do you have? I have the AT&T version and there's no slider there.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    It clearly says T-Mobile.


    NOMINAL charge time for most android phones is from 1-1/2 to 3+ hours. This depends on many factors including battery size, adapter output, whether phone supports a 'quick charge' spec...

    Some brands have made rapid charging a pivotal focus, others have not.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    The charge is EXTREMELY slow, especially when compared to Windows Phone coutnerparts. I used to be able to charge my 1520 from 10-15% to 100% in a matter of 45-50 minutes, and around 40-45 minutes for my 925. Now it takes ~1 1/2 hours to charge this thing. EXTREMELY disappointing.
    my 925 takes a bit longer than that but the battery life is no where near the G3 either. I am hard pressed to get a full 12 hour day from my 925.
    Last edited by planoman; 07-12-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Relgoshan likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Well I have just charged from around 6% to 94% in roughly 2hrs.

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    I'm charging at 1% per minute. Very happy

    Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    I mean my Echo charged fast on an 800mA wall wart but it was only 1350mAh, you do the math...
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Quote Originally Posted by DudeThatsErin View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/13/anerusun.jpg

    Just noticed this with the official charger in a wall socket. I don't get it. It should by slowly charging.
    I would also like to know how you were able to get a brightness slider on your drop down. I'm on Sprint and I have a volume slider. I've been looking if there was a way to change the slider but no dice in the settings. I'd much rather have a brightness slider than a volume.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Mine only took a couple of hours to charge.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    Quote Originally Posted by HoldFastHope View Post
    I would also like to know how you were able to get a brightness slider on your drop down. I'm on Sprint and I have a volume slider. I've been looking if there was a way to change the slider but no dice in the settings. I'd much rather have a brightness slider than a volume.
    I found a video but I'm missing those settings on my AT&T version. So I have no sliders. WTF? I hate when software is inconsistent. Why do they do that?

  18. #18  

    Default Re: Charging Times

    first charge from 57% took 45 minuits
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy s4 hot when charging them lost charge
    By Prairiepaintbrush in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
  2. tablet rebooted 3 times in less than 2 hours! what is the cause for that?
    By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 11:49 AM
  3. Samsung S3 charging problems
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 11:35 AM
  4. Lenovo P780 Charging problem
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 02:07 AM
  5. samsung precedent wont charge
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions