LG G3 Overheating warning?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Does the LG G3 Overheat?

I have seen two reviews already that stated the phone overheated and the phone disabled settings until the phone cooled. This is now my biggest concern of this handset. Can anyone comment on this issue? I am considering this phone for my wife.

Sent from my Z30 using AC Forums mobile app

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
re: Does the LG G3 Overheat?

I have not had the phone turn off yet due to overheating but this was only when I was setting up the device and had the screen on downloading apps and logging in to my accounts and such.

Sent from my p7-1534 using Tapatalk

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

I'll have to find the reviews again. Watched quite a few.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

DudeThatsErin, it didn't turn off, but it disabled settings like screen brightness (if I remember correctly)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

My G3 is much cooler than any htc I've had, I've had many

Posted via Android Central App

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I also have no idea what the heat issue is all about. Yes I remember hearing that if it gets to hot then it will lower the screen brightness but I've never had my g3 get hot to the touch. My HTC one and m8 both would get extremely hot but not the g3

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I have seen two reviews already that stated the phone overheated and the phone disabled settings until the phone cooled. This is now my biggest concern of this handset. Can anyone comment on this issue? I am considering this phone for my wife.

i don't know about making this phone your wife, but so far mine hasn't overheated. i will follow up if it does.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

My G3 is much cooler than any htc I've had, I've had many.
"Cool" as in temperature or "cool" as in The Fonz?
Mine's both. ;)

Mav. :cool:

P.S. For those who did not pickup on my dated cultural reference, Google it.

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

"Cool" as in temperature or "cool" as in The Fonz?
Mine's both. ;)

Mav. :cool:

P.S. For those who did not pickup on my dated cultural reference, Google it.

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

Oh I caught it lol

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

i don't know about making this phone your wife, but so far mine hasn't overheated. i will follow up if it does.

Funny. Anyway, my wife wants to get rid of her iPhone and we pretty much have it narrowed down to G3 or S5. The reports of Overheating is the only thing giving me pause.
Appreciate the real world reports from users here.

Shawn Barrere

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

I keep mine at 70%screen which is pretty darn bright,and it has not even passed warm for me yet with an hour or two of straight on screen time.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Was just reading the other thread in here about the same subject. Most seemed to be doing okay, but a number of people in that thread have encountered the overheating warning, and one said that the phone stopped 13 seconds into recording a video with a heat warning. :-(

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

This phone runs far cooler than my old M7, M8, and Xperia Z2.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Man, the internet sure has latched onto this FUD topic. People are really trying to create a reason not to like/buy this phone.

Mine gets here today. I'm not worried, especially given that every thread ends with the same cherry-picked links that talk of overheating. The ownership masses always chime in saying there is no issue. In July. If it overheats daily, it would be happening to all phones in the heat of the summer. Especially if it's an "OMG MASS DEFECT."

My take. We will see I guess.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Man, the internet sure has latched onto this FUD topic. People are really trying to create a reason not to like/buy this phone.

Mine gets here today. I'm not worried, especially given that every thread ends with the same cherry-picked links that talk of overheating. The ownership masses always chime in saying there is no issue. In July. If it overheats daily, it would be happening to all phones in the heat of the summer. Especially if it's an "OMG MASS DEFECT."

My take. We will see I guess.

Don't worry about overheating. Like you said, people like to make excuses to justify not making a purchase. This is a very well made, great looking device. You are going to love it! Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000