Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Overheating warning?

I would love to hear from current G3 owners about any overheating problems they have experienced so far. I saw a few people mentioning having to turn down screen brightness and getting warnings about the phone getting too hot to function properly (or slowing down).

Any experiences you've had (with overheating or lack of) would be helpful. Thanks!

Default re: LG G3 Overheating warning?

Quote Originally Posted by parapluie View Post
    I would love to hear from current G3 owners about any overheating problems they have experienced so far. I saw a few people mentioning having to turn down screen brightness and getting warnings about the phone getting too hot to function properly (or slowing down).

Any experiences you've had (with overheating or lack of) would be helpful. Thanks!
    When you have the brightness set at 100% the G3 will knock it down to 90% to prevent overheating.

I personally haven't experienced the G3 getting hot..

I web browse

Watch YouTube bids

Taking pictures & video

All is well thus far :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    Topgonzo likes this.

I've yet to experience the phone getting anywhere close to an uncomfortable temperature. I keep the brightness set to auto however.
    Whether gaming, browsing YouTube, or streaming music over LTE in the car (no AC and in the sun), my G3 has remained cool.

Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    890 Global Posts

Like Jdane above I've yet to see it. I used it outside for about an hour today in the sun without any incident. I obviously haven't had the phone long but even playing with it while topping it off through the first charge after I bought it I haven't gotten the heat warning. I'm sure I'll see it eventually but for my use so far its a mystery.
    Thanked by 2:

I've been on mine pretty much non stop since I got it this morning and for a metal or metallic phone it hasn't gotten very warm at all.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    I've been on mine pretty much non stop since I got it this morning and for a metal or metallic phone it hasn't gotten very warm at all.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Mine hasn't gotten hot either, but you are aware that there is pretty much a huge lack of metal right? Doesn't even feel like it...
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I had my phone charging and running the Waze app and my phone hardly warmed up at all. My gs3 would get so hot, I could smell the insides burning, lol.

Thanked by:

I tested a G3 out today mainly with gaming and the device got as warm/hot as my S4. Especially with MAME when testing games like Dead or Alive ++. There was also noticeable throttling that is noticed with emulators like MAME.

The device though did not get very warm with Web or video and noticed no lag any different from any other stock Android device. Also did not notice the sharpness issue, but mainly tested for gaming.

The display seems both a blessing (looks nice) and a curse (gets real warm and battery vampire).

Rather than a 20nm 810, I think the priority should be more power efficient displays and then 20nm SoCs.
    Thanked by:

I've been gaming pretty heavily and watching videos via chromecast all day and haven't even felt the phone get warm.

Posted via Android Central App using my LG G3
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    I've been gaming pretty heavily and watching videos via chromecast all day and haven't even felt the phone get warm.

Posted via Android Central App using my LG G3
    I think the internal sensor is too sensitive. I was gaming heavily & finishing up Orange is the New Black after and I didn't feel the phone get warm, but it still gave the overheating warning.
    Thanked by:

No issues here at all the phone has been cool no heat issues at all
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

I've had the phone since Thursday, using it a LOT. Last night when I took it out if the leathery holster to set volume on vibrate I noticed it was very warm, and I hadn't been using it much that hour. I have a plastic case on it.

I thought maybe it was doing something in the background and got hot.

Mine has gotten warm twice during heavy use but not hot.

I had my phone at the pool with the hot sun beaming down on it and it got fairly warm to the point it was getting too hot to hold but I was under an umbrella (that's just Georgia for you) and it never gave me a warning

I had this warning about 10 seconds after turning the phone on. (i was sitting in the sun and air temperature was about 25°C). I turned the screen down, gave it it's first full charge (12 hours) and havn't had the warning since. The handset does heat up during heavy usage but it has not got too hot to handle, yet. ~Fingers crossed~ ~Touch-wood~
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

I recorded a 4 min video and stopped before I started the next recording and after 13 seconds of the second recording I received an over heating warning and the recording stopped. That was pretty discouraging.
    Last edited by bbtitanium; 07-14-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Clarifying issue
    Thanked by 2:

Had my G3 for three days now bought from a Florida AT&T store (there were only two left). First day I was surprised to find they gave me a 32GB version. Second day played movie Premium Rush at full brightness for an hour and found it was only barely warm with no overheating messages. Third day with moderate use from 6:AM to 9:PM I had 70% battery left. I am well pleased I do not have to deal with miss hitting side buttons and unsightly side SD card ports; this is a really elegant looking device and the knock on/off lets me ignore the back on/off button. Sorry I'm not a big gamer. All in all I would definitely buy this phone again.
    bassplayrguy likes this.

Was it 4k video? I was wondering how hot it would get with videoing. The Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 5 minute timer limit when doing 4k I guess to avoid overheating.

Quote Originally Posted by bbtitanium View Post
    I recorded a 4 min video and stopped to before I started the next recording and after 13 seconds I received an over heating warning. That was pretty discouraging.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Yes it was 4k video.

Quote Originally Posted by George H Martin View Post
    I had this warning about 10 seconds after turning the phone on. (i was sitting in the sun and air temperature was about 25°C). I turned the screen down, gave it it's first full charge (12 hours) and havn't had the warning since. The handset does heat up during heavy usage but it has not got too hot to handle, yet. ~Fingers crossed~ ~Touch-wood~
    Whoa 12 hrs for its first full charge??

Default Re: LG G3 Overheating warning?

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    Whoa 12 hrs for its first full charge??
    I always give a new handset a minimum 12 hour charge (whilst switched off) on its first charge, whether it needs it or not. This (in my opinion) stretches the battery's legs after it been inactive for the last couple of months.

Default Does the LG G3 Overheat?

I have seen two reviews already that stated the phone overheated and the phone disabled settings until the phone cooled. This is now my biggest concern of this handset. Can anyone comment on this issue? I am considering this phone for my wife.

Sent from my Z30 using AC Forums mobile app

Default re: Does the LG G3 Overheat?

Can you paste the links to these reviews? I haven't had this issue yet!
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

I have not had the phone turn off yet due to overheating but this was only when I was setting up the device and had the screen on downloading apps and logging in to my accounts and such.

Sent from my p7-1534 using Tapatalk
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked, NO ROOT OR ANYTHING) || Current Phone: LG G3 || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

I'll have to find the reviews again. Watched quite a few.

Sent from my Z30 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast