Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Re: What's the deal with cases for the LG G3?

Verizon now has the quick circle case with wireless charging on their site. There's 2 listed one with and one without. Nice!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    moosc likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

$59.99 guess I'll order it. Wish the had yellow
    Quote Originally Posted by swany1970 View Post
    Verizon now has the quick circle case with wireless charging on their site. There's 2 listed one with and one without. Nice!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Speigen cases, at least the Slim Armor one does NOT work with wireless charging as reported on xda-developers forum. If you want to charge wireless either buy the LG Slim Guard than replaces the back cover and has wireless and NFC pins but has like no lip (you should get a tempered glass screen protector anyway, so that case would then be fine anyway, the Quick Circle (the type that does have pins, though I'm sending mine back tomorrow. It's really nice if you're into flaps, I just realized that I hate flaps, especially that once folded around, which is does superbly though, the back of the phone no longer has that hand-in-glove fitting curvature).

I can't get the Slim Guard case right now without paying an arm and a leg and even then no store has it til August 29! Ordered a slide-on aluminum bumper and a very clear plastic case off ebay. Pure bumper won't interfere with wireless charging, obviously, and the clear one shouldn't, but if it does, I can pull it off in a jiffy. So there you go, either one that definitely works with Qi, or one that doesn't but can be pulled off in 5 seconds top.

Don't buy thick ones. Check out High on Android YouTube channel where he does a drop test of the G3 (and S5) with a Cruizerlite Bugdroid (TPU or similar) case on (concrete, head-level while walking, kid biking etc). Unless you're planning on playing baseball with the phone as the ball, you don't need some crazy thick case. Inertia - phone is super light, so impact on ground is much less severe than those heavy metallic phones. The thin metal rim of the G3 (real metal [oh wait, you know this already, but for anyone who doesn't yet own one - yet, I guess], not the horrid chrome-plated plastic that peels off in less than a year (Note & Note 2) seems to stiffen the whole phone a lot.

Whoops, long post, well, it's worth it if it keeps someone from crying over broken screen glass - btw "Once you go tempered glass you never go back". Nillkin seems popular, I hear and Speigen, maaah.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Anyone have a review for the otterbox symetry? Is is glass screen protector friendly? I have a glass one and won't go back. Slim armor works well with it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by drbol View Post
    Anyone have a review for the otterbox symetry? Is is glass screen protector friendly? I have a glass one and won't go back. Slim armor works well with it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I have the symmetry case and it works great with the glass screen protector. I posted pictures of it in one of the threads.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123