- 43 Posts
I was over at xda and guys were trying to get qi to work on the att model. They have had no luck. Thought I'd give it a go.
So I took the charging coil out of my galaxy s3, taped it to my qi charger, and placed the contacts onto the pickups on the back of the phone.... And nothing.
I understand this is not an official g3 qi receiver, but I thought it would have worked. So either you need an official back cover OR I'm thinking att crippled any wireless charging that is not pma.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-13-2014, 01:19 PM #2
- 07-13-2014, 01:47 PM #3
- 820 Posts
Re: AT&T g3 - qi experiment failure
I'm hearing the Verizon version is going to have the wireless charging and from looking at pictures it looks like it is set up like the Samsung devices and the back cover is what makes the wireless charging work.
You could probably just order the back from Verizon and have wireless charging, unless LG changes the shape of the two.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
- By spgiva in forum LG G3Replies: 232Last Post: 08-04-2015, 04:01 AM
- By krijmo in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 09-08-2014, 07:17 AM
- By boxer03 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 07-13-2014, 09:16 PM
- By VatchEzyy in forum LG G3Replies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2014, 12:12 PM
- By karthik in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2014, 08:07 AM