Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I was over at xda and guys were trying to get qi to work on the att model. They have had no luck. Thought I'd give it a go.

So I took the charging coil out of my galaxy s3, taped it to my qi charger, and placed the contacts onto the pickups on the back of the phone.... And nothing.

I understand this is not an official g3 qi receiver, but I thought it would have worked. So either you need an official back cover OR I'm thinking att crippled any wireless charging that is not pma.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: AT&T g3 - qi experiment failure

This is disappointing. Hopefully there is some cover that will work with it. If not, looks like I'll be buying a pma charger for it.
    Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Default Re: AT&T g3 - qi experiment failure

I'm hearing the Verizon version is going to have the wireless charging and from looking at pictures it looks like it is set up like the Samsung devices and the back cover is what makes the wireless charging work.

You could probably just order the back from Verizon and have wireless charging, unless LG changes the shape of the two.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk