Folders in the App tray / Menu?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So this falls under the category of things I should know but can't get working. How do I make app folders in the Apps Menu screen full of all my apps? LG has done one with all the Google apps but everytime I try to move an app in the apps menu it wants to drop it to a home screen.

Drezriel

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Like o4liberty said, just drag one app on top of another to create a folder. I've noticed it can be a bit touchy and apps will repel away from one another. Certain apps will drop in no problem, while others you have to kamikaze style and drag and drop really fast to kind of slingshot them in haha.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I know what you're saying. LG made a 'Google' folder that stays in the app drawer, but from what I can tell, we can't create folders there....Just on the home screen

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the G3 in front of me but if you go into the app door and select the 3 button menu in the top left, you can customize how you want your apps. Such as making folders and getting rid of the Google folder. I brought my G3 back yesterday but I remember figuring that out because it was driving me nuts.

Posted via Android Central App

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You have to select "user defined order" or whatever under the view settings in the three-button menu. I did that to get rid of the folder, then selected alphabetical.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Weird...I see the 'user defined' option, but not sure how to actually use it I guess. How do you actually define the order?

Just drag and drop where you want things I guess.
I don't know, I just used it to get rid of the folders. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12