G3 icons?

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The G3 allows icons for apps to be changed... I tried downloading some icon packs from Google Play... But they only seem to support specific launchers ..

Where do I get compatible icon packs?

Thanks!

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
After I download a theme it does not show up under "Home" in Home Screen settings? When I click on the download from my drop down notification menu, it brings me back to the smart world page and I get a pop up message saying "This app installed on a different path, not LG SmartWorld. Download will stop" Am I doing something wrong?

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
After I download a theme it does not show up under "Home" in Home Screen settings? When I click on the download from my drop down notification menu, it brings me back to the smart world page and I get a pop up message saying "This app installed on a different path, not LG SmartWorld. Download will stop" Am I doing something wrong?

Same thing is happening to me... I have the g3 with tmobile, I don't even see the option in home to change the theme. :-( anyone find a way to fix this?

xPNUTx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Download the app "Icon Changer Free"
Download the app pack that you want.

Then you can open the Icon Changer App, and then it allows you to create a shortcut on the homescreen of any app you have downloaded and change it's appearance to one of the icons from the icon pack you downloaded.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So, a little education for you guys...

An APK file is basically a zip file. If you change the extension or open it with a zip viewer, you'll find all the icons from the icon pack in there. Just find the icons you want and extract them to a folder on your device. Then, with LG's stock launcher, you can change to custom icons by selecting the pictures from the folder you just made. This is the ultimate workaround, but applications like PNUT mentioned might be faster.

xPNUTx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
So, a little education for you guys...

An APK file is basically a zip file. If you change the extension or open it with a zip viewer, you'll find all the icons from the icon pack in there. Just find the icons you want and extract them to a folder on your device. Then, with LG's stock launcher, you can change to custom icons by selecting the pictures from the folder you just made. This is the ultimate workaround, but applications like PNUT mentioned might be faster.

There is that too, but I am way too lazy to do all of that work :p

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Check out an app call 'unicon' on the play store. It suppose let you use any icon pack you want on any launchers, stocked or 3rd party.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There's another post somewhere on these forums that talks about T-Mobile G3 not having a theme option. I downloaded the launcher that was recommended and was able to get a theme option, but I downloaded a few themes and none of them were available to install.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Just download a different launcher (i use nova launcher) and there are tons of icon packs out there to use. The default launcher on the g3 sucks anyway so why not? I would recommend the Ultimate L icon pack as well, it looks great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01