Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MrBungle999
  • 2 Post By xocomaox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

    Default G3 icons?

    The G3 allows icons for apps to be changed... I tried downloading some icon packs from Google Play... But they only seem to support specific launchers ..

    Where do I get compatible icon packs?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougltc View Post

    Where do I get compatible icon packs?
    You need to make a LG Smartworld account and get them from there. The app should already be on your handset.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Smart world sucks.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    mhettrich likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    Smart world sucks.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah. The selection is not the best haha.

    Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices: Note 5, LG G4, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

    Retired Devices: Nexus 6, Moto X 2014, Note 4, Nexus 5, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

    Android Addict
  5. #5  
    Nic
    Nic is offline
    Nic's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    After I download a theme it does not show up under "Home" in Home Screen settings? When I click on the download from my drop down notification menu, it brings me back to the smart world page and I get a pop up message saying "This app installed on a different path, not LG SmartWorld. Download will stop" Am I doing something wrong?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by George H Martin View Post
    You need to make a LG Smartworld account and get them from there. The app should already be on your handset.
    What is this app called? I don't see it... I am on Sprint. Maybe they removed it?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougltc View Post
    What is this app called? I don't see it... I am on Sprint. Maybe they removed it?
    Possibly. I dont know that much about Sprint as i dont cater for them and im in the UK. The app is called: Smartworld
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by George H Martin View Post
    Possibly. I dont know that much about Sprint as i dont cater for them and im in the UK. The app is called: Smartworld
    No smartworld app on my device...
  9. #9  
    VW Maverick's Avatar

    Posts
    3,325 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougltc View Post
    No smartworld app on my device...
    Google "LG Smartworld apk" and then download it that way.

    Mav.

    Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  10. #10  
    VW Maverick's Avatar

    Posts
    3,325 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Hey mav will it work on the flex?
    Shouldn't be a problem

    Mav.

    Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    After I download a theme it does not show up under "Home" in Home Screen settings? When I click on the download from my drop down notification menu, it brings me back to the smart world page and I get a pop up message saying "This app installed on a different path, not LG SmartWorld. Download will stop" Am I doing something wrong?
    Same thing is happening to me... I have the g3 with tmobile, I don't even see the option in home to change the theme. :-( anyone find a way to fix this?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    dougltc's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Anyone find out how to download alternative icons?
  13. #13  
    xPNUTx's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock S6

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Download the app "Icon Changer Free"
    Download the app pack that you want.

    Then you can open the Icon Changer App, and then it allows you to create a shortcut on the homescreen of any app you have downloaded and change it's appearance to one of the icons from the icon pack you downloaded.
    "She had a lively, playful disposition that delighted in anything ridiculous." - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    So, a little education for you guys...

    An APK file is basically a zip file. If you change the extension or open it with a zip viewer, you'll find all the icons from the icon pack in there. Just find the icons you want and extract them to a folder on your device. Then, with LG's stock launcher, you can change to custom icons by selecting the pictures from the folder you just made. This is the ultimate workaround, but applications like PNUT mentioned might be faster.
    xPNUTx and damo like this.
  15. #15  
    xPNUTx's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock S6

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    So, a little education for you guys...

    An APK file is basically a zip file. If you change the extension or open it with a zip viewer, you'll find all the icons from the icon pack in there. Just find the icons you want and extract them to a folder on your device. Then, with LG's stock launcher, you can change to custom icons by selecting the pictures from the folder you just made. This is the ultimate workaround, but applications like PNUT mentioned might be faster.
    There is that too, but I am way too lazy to do all of that work :P
    "She had a lively, playful disposition that delighted in anything ridiculous." - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Check out an app call 'unicon' on the play store. It suppose let you use any icon pack you want on any launchers, stocked or 3rd party.

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Just install Nova Launcher and you're all set.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    There's another post somewhere on these forums that talks about T-Mobile G3 not having a theme option. I downloaded the launcher that was recommended and was able to get a theme option, but I downloaded a few themes and none of them were available to install.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: G3 icons?

    Just download a different launcher (i use nova launcher) and there are tons of icon packs out there to use. The default launcher on the g3 sucks anyway so why not? I would recommend the Ultimate L icon pack as well, it looks great.

    Posted via the Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 09:47 PM
  2. LG G3 or wait for the next Nexus
    By Volcanicstrad37 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 08:27 PM
  3. LG G3 question
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 02:08 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 01:14 PM

Posting Permissions