Wifi Calling on sprint G3, Cant find it

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and it will be listed there:
je6ybesu.jpg

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

ammaralo

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Same build number.

All my apps in alphabetical order. Nothing hidden.

What's going on?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 125

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
He clearly didn't get his from the carrier directly. If he did, the phone would auto provision as all Spark phones do with features on the account.

ammaralo

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
He clearly didn't get his from the carrier directly. If he did, the phone would auto provision as all Spark phones do with features on the account.

Lol, I bought this from the Sprint corporate store down the street.

Don't assume....

Overstew

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I bought this from the Sprint corporate store down the street.

Don't assume....

Did you by chance disable the wifi calling app?

When i opened my device it was there right out of the box. You can attempt a factory reset. I assume your device may have been an early beta or demo unit that was packaged up and sold to consumer.

Sent from my LGLS990

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Can you confirm if your device is activate and provisioned properly? WiFi Calling feature will show up once this has been completed. Let me know. ^DT

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, I've spent the last two days setting this up, now I have to start all over?

With the G2 I can tell you that the LG backup was great for this kind of scenarios, so look for the Backup feature, do the Full backup and save that file/folder to your PC, then try resetting your phone back to factory, once it does, connect to your PC copy that backup to the phone storage and do the restore, if it's just like the G2, you will restore almost everything back, just a couple of little things didn't work on my case like some Wifi and Wallpaper settings, anyway, if the factory reset doesn't help, you will already have a full backup if you decide to look for a replacement from Sprint.

ammaralo

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Can you confirm if your device is activate and provisioned properly? WiFi Calling feature will show up once this has been completed. Let me know. ^DT

FYI everyone, I had to get a new unit. I went down to the Sprint store, We did a hard reset and it still didn't show up. So they swapped it for a new unit, all good now.

Must have been a bad phone

Parnelli98

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
FYI everyone, I had to get a new unit. I went down to the Sprint store, We did a hard reset and it still didn't show up. So they swapped it for a new unit, all good now.

Must have been a bad phone

Great to hear the issue has been resolved, but troubled that it took a replacement unit to resolve it. Hopefully a isolated incident and not an indication of future "items" missing from the phone!

j76ms

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I purchased my Sprint LG G3 from Best Buy on Saturday and there is no such thing. I just ran across this thread and checked. Nothing about Wifi Calling. Surely there is a way to get it on without having to return the device.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I purchased my Sprint LG G3 from Best Buy on Saturday and there is no such thing. I just ran across this thread and checked. Nothing about Wifi Calling. Surely there is a way to get it on without having to return the device.

Hm guys.. Sounds like the update didn't hit all G3 phones yet on Sprint.

See below!

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g3-getting-wi-fi-calling-sprint

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane