LG G3 Touch screen issues

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Touch screen issues

I haven't had the issue since I removed the screen protector. So, I'd say that's the reason for it. Pisses me off because I paid $35 for it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Tikerz

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

I think the BodyGuardz screen protector might be too thick. I've had other glass screen protectors and they weren't nearly as thick. I hope it's the screen protector. I don't want the G3 to turn out like the G2.

G2 Touchscreen Issues XDA Forum

@scmurphy13 - I would try to return the screen protector. That's what I'm going to do.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site

I think the BodyGuardz screen protector might be too thick. I've had other glass screen protectors and they weren't nearly as thick. I hope it's the screen protector. I don't want the G3 to turn out like the G2.

G2 Touchscreen Issues XDA Forum

@scmurphy13 - I would try to return the screen protector. That's what I'm going to do.

If you try, let me know how that goes for you.

Tikerz

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

I was able to return it today at my AT&T store so you should also. I told them that it affected touch sensitivity.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site

I was able to return it today at my AT&T store so you should also. I told them that it affected touch sensitivity.

Nice. I will return it, then. Thanks.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

I took the screen protector off a few hours ago and it hasn't happened since. Really sucks if that was the reason. Let's see how the rest of the day goes.

Or compromise and get a plastic screen protector. It's better than nothing, cheap, and most likely won't interfere with your screen performance.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

More feedback is good feedback on this topic. Some phones tolerate a protector, some can be sensitized to work better, some are oversensitive and nearly require one. And some phones are garbage with any extra layers over the screen.

Please more owner feedback.

Tikerz

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Since I returned the BodyGuardz I haven't had anymore issues with the screen not responding.

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working good enough to live with. It's so smooth, I love how my finger glides when using Swype

Posted via Android Central App

cwizzlemt

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the Tempered Glass screen protector installed yesterday at Verizon and I am having the same problem. I will bring it back and see if that fixes it.

brutalpanther

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T G3, black. Has anyone noticed occasional dead spots on the screen where touch isn't working? Doesn't happen every time but when it does, hit usually corrects itself when I shut the screen off and turn it back on. Mine happen towards the tip of the super right corner and around the middle on the right edge. I have a Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector on it that I bought from AT&T. Could that be the issue?

I have the Verizon G3 and have the same problem.Seems to be on right side mostly.Will take several taps at times for any response.Very noticeable when typing.Also getting some lag and stuttering when scrolling pages or gaming.I had the G2 and it at this point it seems to be the better phone.Its not LG 'S fault but some of my favorite apps and games aren't compatible with the 801 soc.Oh and I have the thin plastic screen protector.Screen was much brighter on my G2.I have a 14 day window to decide whether to keep it.Not convinced it was a good decision yet.May go back to my G2

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have some of the same issues Verizon g3 with the Verizon glass screen protector and right side responds poorly sometimes but it is not often enough or enough of an issue to make me want to remove it.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Yep, I've been experiencing this as well and it's annoying to say the least. I do have the BodyGuards glass screen protector on it too. I notice this playing Candy Crush where I can't swipe a candy because the screen is non-responsive at that spot.

Same issue here

jgemberton

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon version and have noticed issues with certain onscreen buttons (located on different areas of the screen) not responding properly in 2 apps so far (facbook and Tiny Death Star). I am using a Zagg HD screen protector, but I don't think that's the problem. I'm also having issues with my data connection not re-connecting after waking from sleep mode. Thinking I may have a lemon.

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
It's the Bodyguardz protector. I've read other forum complaints about it being too thick as well. Seems thinner is best for this screen. Glad to see that the protector was returnable.

On my Galaxy S3, I use a thicker tempered glass protector. I noticed that the screen at times was either too twitchy or non responsive. I went to Settings/Developer Options window animation settings. I adjusted those until I got the touch sensitivity back with the glass protector. I ended up using a setting of 1x for all three settings. YMMV.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I took the screen protector off a few hours ago and it hasn't happened since. Really sucks if that was the reason. Let's see how the rest of the day goes.

Mines doing the same thing with the same screen protector. Just don't want to take it off.. Love the protection..

chasemyaccord

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this lately as well, although I have the original screen protector that came on the phone. I'm waiting for my new ones to come in the mail. I didn't really notice until I started playing Candy Crush (sometimes can't switch two pieces) and Scramble With Friends (my words get disconnected while dragging my finger). I'll try it without the screen protector once they come in to see if that was the problem. This would suck if it's a hardware issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678