LG G3 Touch screen issues

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I have an AT&T G3, black. Has anyone noticed occasional dead spots on the screen where touch isn't working? Doesn't happen every time but when it does, hit usually corrects itself when I shut the screen off and turn it back on. Mine happen towards the tip of the super right corner and around the middle on the right edge. I have a Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector on it that I bought from AT&T. Could that be the issue?

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Touch screen issues

Just poked mine all over and no problems. Don't have a screen protector on mine. Have you tried soft reset or is that what you're referring to above?

Posted via Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Have u tried calibrating the screen, I do not have the G3 so I'm not entirely sure where to find settings for calibrating. Display possibly.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I've noticed this too, and find tapping/pressing harder fixes it. I have the same phone, carrier, glass screen protector and even same color as you.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site

I might take off the screen protector and see if that helps.

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure this screen protector can be reused.

The screen not always responding is minimal, and the protector is great, so the benefit outweighs the "cost", assuming that's the problem. I'm not actually convinced it is.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site

I took the screen protector off a few hours ago and it hasn't happened since. Really sucks if that was the reason. Let's see how the rest of the day goes.

Tikerz

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

Yep, I've been experiencing this as well and it's annoying to say the least. I do have the BodyGuards glass screen protector on it too. I notice this playing Candy Crush where I can't swipe a candy because the screen is non-responsive at that spot.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Why use a screen protector? The Gorilla Glass is plenty protection for the screen itself.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Gorilla glass still scratches and much easier then many think.

This. Every Gorilla Glass device I have used without a screen protector ended up with many hairline scratches. Some people perceive GG to be scratch proof which it clearly isn't.

Last edited:

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

A better quality screen protector will lessen you chances of a broken screen when dropped. I always get a screen protector and case and so far no screen has cracked the hundred of times I have dropped my devices.

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

I have been having this issue as well. Got the screen protector from att and had issues.
So can anyone confirm its the glass screen protector and not the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae