Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

Default Alternative to Nokia's Glance in Android

Was just wondering if there is an alternative to Glance for android? I loved that function and now I'm truly missing it. I'm willing to get a workaround even if it requires a root. I don't want a crappy patch job either, I'm looking for an elegant solution or nine at all. I wish google enabled the daydream to be ran during all hours if wanted, it looks amazing.

Default Re: Alternative to Nokia's Glance in Android

What you want is a Motorola device. Active notifications are amazing.

For those of us who aren't familiar with Glance, can you give us a quick summary of what it does and what you like about it?

You may want to try the app ACdisplay

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy S6, Moto X 2014, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: Note 4, Nexus 5, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

The app dynamic notifications will also do it. I love glance on my 925 and active on my moto x.

Since I use my pebble it is not as big a deal for me now.

Sent from my seriously HD G3!
    Galaxy S6 (64GB), Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    For those of us who aren't familiar with Glance, can you give us a quick summary of what it does and what you like about it?
    Basically it's Daydream. An always on clock that can stay on while the display is off. Sometimes it shows notifications but I'm not worried about that.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    Basically it's Daydream. An always on clock that can stay on while the display is off. Sometimes it shows notifications but I'm not worried about that.
    ah sorry I though you were more interested in the notifications. I think you need a AMOLED screen to do that which is why the ICON does not have glance? My pebble works for the time too! lol!
    Galaxy S6 (64GB), Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    You may want to try the app ACdisplay

Ok downloaded and it's wonderful. Was wondering if there's a few.options I'm missing though.

1) Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as I lock the screen? As is I would have to put in pocket or face down for a few seconds then flip it over in order to lay it on a desk and see the clock.

2) Anyway to turn off the on screen buttons and system tray?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    Ok downloaded and it's wonderful. Was wondering if there's a few.options I'm missing though.

1) Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as I lock the screen? As is I would have to put in pocket or face down for a few seconds then flip it over in order to lay it on a desk and see the clock.

2) Anyway to turn off the on screen buttons and system tray?
    Not 100% sure. I'd recommend heading to YouTube and seeing if there are videos about it. I only used it briefly myself.

Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy S6, Moto X 2014, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: Note 4, Nexus 5, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict