Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Connecting to computer

Noob here.

The quick start guide that came with my phone said that if I connect the phone to a PC it will appear as another drive in Windows which is just what I want.

After a lot of swearing and fiddling I found that what I actually had to do was download a 226MB LG software installer (initiated by the phone, it is nowhere on LG's site) just to transfer a few files around. Did I miss something?

Default Re: Connecting to computer

You shouldnt have to use the LG software... should just use the cable that came with the phone. maybe need a driver update.

I stopped using cables and use the Airdroid app. Do it all wirelessly.

Quote Originally Posted by sopclod View Post
    Noob here.

The quick start guide that came with my phone said that if I connect the phone to a PC it will appear as another drive in Windows which is just what I want.

After a lot of swearing and fiddling I found that what I actually had to do was download a 226MB LG software installer (initiated by the phone, it is nowhere on LG's site) just to transfer a few files around. Did I miss something?

Default Re: Connecting to computer

My Macs don't recognize my g3 which was the same as my g2

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk