Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By o4liberty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone move from the iPhone 5s?

Strongly considering moving from the iPhone 5s to this device. Anyone do it? If so, what are your thoughts so far?

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Default Re: Anyone move from the iPhone 5s?

My girlfriend did (though this was also after using a Nexus 5 for a month as part of a Google study) and she rubs it in my face since I haven't been able to get it yet (she's on AT&T and I'm on T-Mobile). She loves it. Says that the camera is way better and it's not too big for her either (the phone is a lot more small in person than I thought it would be so I'm convinced that everyone who made a video review has really tiny hands).

She wasn't a complete stranger to Android since she was somewhat familiar with my phone plus she had to use a Nexus 5 exclusively for a month so it was an easy transition.

Would this be your first non-iOS device?
    Party like a Ninja Star
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the input!

I am very very very familiar with Android, I have had pretty much every flagship device under the sun, but always ending up going back to IOS, or at this point am I going back to Android?

I had the 5s before and I find Android to be the better OS. In the past they weren't but now I think they are number 1.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Well, anything you can do on iOS, you can can do on Android. Plus more. My girlfriend says the G3 camera is better than her old iPhone 5 camera. Personally, I don't have an eye for things like that so I don't notice a difference, but she's pretty impressed with this phone like I already said.
    Party like a Ninja Star

I went from the iPhone 5 to the G3 on Friday. I like it so far. I really wanted to go back to android. The size takes a little bit to get use to. Sometimes I have to use two hands. The buttons are another thing to get used to but knock on and off really help in that department. Other then that I'm just getting myself used to android again since I have used it in a year and a half.

Posted via Android Central App

Good to know. I'm switching from i5 to G3 later this week (verizon) and go back and forth as to whether this was a smart move. I've been iOS for almost 5 years, having chosen it over Android way back when due to app store completeness. Previously I had 2 WinMo devices and had also grown tired of the customization merry-go-round when I switched, so I'm hoping that I can do minimal customization.

Quote Originally Posted by pnizzle20 View Post
    Strongly considering moving from the iPhone 5s to this device. Anyone do it? If so, what are your thoughts so far?
    Have you considered the HTC One M8? The UI is snappy like iOS and the build is just as if not more premium than the 5s. My wife and I both have the M8 and love it. However I will be swapping my M8 out for a G3 because I'm a glutton for the latest and most likely have some sort of complex (lol 1/2 joking). For my wife however who is not as familiar with the android OS, the M8 is perfection.

This is worth a watch

If the M8 shares the unibody aluminum construction of the 5 series iPhones, that's reason enough for me to skip it. That soft aluminum scratches if you look at it wrong, and gets beat up pretty badly. And, unlike the glass iPhone 4 (which was a dream to fix the back on - two screws and a slide), there's no easy way to replace the case - you pretty much have to strip it down to it's parts to get to the case. I ended up putting mine in bumper with a back, and just the microscopic grit that gets in my pocket and around the edge of the camera opening has (aesthetically) damaged the case.

Quote Originally Posted by overzeetop View Post
    If the M8 shares the unibody aluminum construction of the 5 series iPhones, that's reason enough for me to skip it. That soft aluminum scratches if you look at it wrong, and gets beat up pretty badly. And, unlike the glass iPhone 4 (which was a dream to fix the back on - two screws and a slide), there's no easy way to replace the case - you pretty much have to strip it down to it's parts to get to the case. I ended up putting mine in bumper with a back, and just the microscopic grit that gets in my pocket and around the edge of the camera opening has (aesthetically) damaged the case.
    It's not necessarily the material but the finish. If you watch the video the gunmetal brushed finish stands up to damage rather well. Anecdotally I've found this to be true as well.

The metallic skinned plastic of the G3 is rather impressive though, compared to other plastic smartphones

Posted via Android Central App