| || |
Re: Does the LG G3 D855 European 32/3 variant have built-in wireless charging?
Some feedback for others thinking about getting the D855 for Rogers. I finally got the D855 in and tested it. Out of the box, it does not connect to LTE. The only available options were GSM and WCDMA, set on auto or manual. Connections would only show 3G or H (HSPA).
After some research, and testing, I finally managed to connect to Rogers' LTE MAX network (2600Mhz).
1) Loaded HKG firmware using TOT/DLL method. You can find the firmware and instructions here here: [ALL Variants] Update / Restore to Stock you… | LG G3 | XDA Forum - I used the 32GB version.
2) Once loaded, you will see the option to set it to GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto. Before it was just GSM / WCDMA Auto.
3) Unfortunately, this still didn't work and I was still showing 3G and H. Speed tests would also show that it was on HSPA.
4) I then typed 3845#*855# on the keypad to access the secret menu. There I manually switched it to LTE Band 7, which represents the LTE Max 2600Mhz network.
5) I also had to add a new APN (ltemobile.apn). It came with the normal one (rogers-core-app1.apn).
6) After all that, I changed the network mode back to GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto. Almost immediately, it would now show 4G, instead of H.
7) Ran a speed test just in case, and it is indeed LTE speeds
And yes it has wireless charging built-in (four pins in the back of the phone, and case).
The phone is amazing, one really happy fan. I moved from a HTC One M7.