Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Has anyone been able to get the weather animations on the lock screen to work? I have it checked underneath lock screen settings, but it never does anything.

    I've tried turning off knock code and using various passwords.... Nothing works.

    The only thing I can think that might be the problem is the fact that I'm running on ART.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Anyone?

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Mine doesn't work either. There's lots of things missing or not working compared to g2

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Gator352 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    Mine doesn't work either. There's lots of things missing or not working compared to g2

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    This is the only thing that I've come across that doesn't work.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Mine isn't working either. Tells me to pick a different update interval but no matter what I pick. Nada.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    fgcchevy's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Mine works, even works with quick circle case.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    I'm gonna be buying my first android phone coming from iphone so this might be a stupid question...can't you just download beautiful widgets or something and replace it? The stock widget looks kind of plain...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    I'm gonna be buying my first android phone coming from iphone so this might be a stupid question...can't you just download beautiful widgets or something and replace it? The stock widget looks kind of plain...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should be able to
  9. #9  
    Lorak's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    I'm gonna be buying my first android phone coming from iphone so this might be a stupid question...can't you just download beautiful widgets or something and replace it? The stock widget looks kind of plain...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeppers. Personally I like this one.
    LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?-uploadfromtaptalk1405393175278.jpg
    Gator352 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorak View Post
    Yeppers. Personally I like this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405393175278.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	127594
    Yeah see...that's what I'm talking about. What launcher are you using? Icon pack?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Mine works and looks really good. I am also using knock code for my lock screen.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  12. #12  
    Lorak's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    Yeah see...that's what I'm talking about. What launcher are you using? Icon pack?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everything is stock. Widget is Rings digital weather.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alweatherclock
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Had a thunderstorm last night and it worked. Looked pretty cool. I guess it just doesn't do anything for average weather.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Gator352 and Liljay86 like this.
  14. #14  
    Nic
    Nic is offline
    Nic's Avatar

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    I have to be missing something. My only excuse is that this is my first LG. How do you even get the weather to show up on the lock screen? I have it checked under lock screen settings but nothing shows besides the clock. I also have allow widgets checked if that helps. Thanks.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    Had a thunderstorm last night and it worked. Looked pretty cool. I guess it just doesn't do anything for average weather.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Ohhh that might explain it then. I'm stuck in California with nothing but sun. Lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Well it definitely works. All it took was some bad weather. My lock screen is dripping with rain now lol.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #17  
    jkimrey's Avatar

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    Well it definitely works. All it took was some bad weather. My lock screen is dripping with rain now lol.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Ditto. Didn't think it was working until it started raining this evening. Cool effect

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Mine still doesn't. I can't even turn it on. It won't let me check it. I wonder if it's cause I'm using nova launcher , which means I'm not using their weather widget ....

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  
    jkimrey's Avatar

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Schwarz View Post
    Mine still doesn't. I can't even turn it on. It won't let me check it. I wonder if it's cause I'm using nova launcher , which means I'm not using their weather widget ....

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm using Aviate launcher and the weather feature still works.

    As mentioned above, I didn't think it was working until there was some heavy rain in the area....

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Hmmmm weird! I literally can't even check the check to turn it on. When I do I get a message that says to pick a different update interval but not matter what I pick it still doesn't work. Its been thunder storming here for 3 days and nada. 😕

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?-screenshot_2014-07-15-14-26-27.jpg  
  21. #21  

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Mine also has only worked when we had a thunder shower. I also thought something was broken on it. Maybe they will have a fix for it or that is just the way it should be.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    It only goes off when weather is in your specific location. Mine works flawlessly. The animations are incredibly realistic.

    Sent from my LGLS990
  23. #23  

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by sinisin View Post
    It only goes off when weather is in your specific location. Mine works flawlessly. The animations are incredibly realistic.

    Sent from my LGLS990
    Its so real that when there a thunder storm the phone shocks you

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
  24. #24  

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Hi
    Question how do I set up in the lock screen in order to see the weather effects and weather when I turn on my phone on lock screen.. I have the weather option clicked on under the lock screen option.. Also when you use the circle case ive noticed in the video of the lg g3 with the circle case that it shows a fancy clock in the ring.. I do not see this clock widget in any of the lg g3 default widgets ..
  25. #25  

    Default Re: LG G3 Lock Screen 'Weather Animation' Broken?

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyknights View Post
    Hi
    Question how do I set up in the lock screen in order to see the weather effects and weather when I turn on my phone on lock screen.. I have the weather option clicked on under the lock screen option.. Also when you use the circle case ive noticed in the video of the lg g3 with the circle case that it shows a fancy clock in the ring.. I do not see this clock widget in any of the lg g3 default widgets ..
    You need some bad weather to see an animation. If weather is boring you see nothing.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LG G3 Aux and Bluetooth Connectivity
    By parapluie in forum LG G3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 04:56 PM
  2. LG G3 - Are Headphones included?
    By AstroStrat89 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM
  3. Weather forecast on my calendar
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 11:32 PM
  4. Replaced Screen in N7 2013, still nonresponsive.
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions