LG G3 Why omit these simple things?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a brightness slider. I just watched a video on it and how to remove/add it. Hopefully this is on all G3s and is not an issue where different parts of the world have different features on their G3.

Android How to: Remove the Brightness & Volume Sliders on the LG G3 | Androidheadlines.com

Its not present on the AT&T variant as far as I can tell. I only see a volume slider when media is playing and then it disappears. I have to long press the brightness setting to go to settings for it.

Posted via Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you overall happy with the G3? I'm thinking about getting one instead of the Note. ☺

Love it. Not sure if more than the M8. Hardest thing with Android are decisions.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why omit these simple things?

If they could of done USB 3.0 in micro USB I'd be all for it. The use of 3.0 on Note 3 and S5 is terrible in my mind, takes like 5 attempts to get the Frankenstein end plugged in.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
1. Brightness slider - They didn't. AT&T did.
2. Stock flashlight - Play Store ;)
3. Active wallpapers preloaded. - With all the battery life complaints already?
4. No landscape for home screens - Granted
5. Ability to resize app icons. - There's two sizes already.
6. More or different transition choices - Jeez how many do you need?
7. No password lock on memo/notes - Use Evernote

Anything else? These were nice little touches on the G2. They could have also added a few more qhd demo stuff.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

A way to change the font size on the notification shade is conspicuously missing.
They went a little small on the notification LED.
I sorely miss my 5x1 weather widget from the G2

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I know you can get apps and luanchers to fill some of these needs/wants, but I like it built into the os and I don't want to root to get things that were included in the g2. Why download a 3rd party flashlight with permissions and bloat and ads?

Its a great phone, battery is just as good as g2 for me. I'm just wondering why take away some of those small things we all loved and got used to on the g2.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I also miss being able to save an exclamation mark next to space bar. For example instead of a period which I can get from a double space I can have a question mark there. Again a small touch that was nice, otherwise I do like the keyboard in general.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I also miss being able to save an exclamation mark next to space bar. For example instead of a period which I can get from a double space I can have a question mark there. Again a small touch that was nice, otherwise I do like the keyboard in general.

Wait a sec, it does do that. You just have to configure it, it doesn't start off that way.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Some of my favorite features are missing, yeah. It could be partly updated later but I am sticking with my Flex for the foreseeable future.

OIS+ vs no OIS
QHD1440 5.5" vs HD720 6"
Battery 3-5hrs vs 6-14hrs (!)
1 front LED vs 1 front LED + 1 rear (jumbo) LED (!)
Fits front pocket vs Fits back pocket

Most of the items in OP are all working on the Flex, including Landscape Home and custom icons from 1x1 to 1x5 to 5x1 to 5x5 and all sizes between. Two mode Flashlight and can record 4K video with the LED light on. Wifi calling is rolling right now on Sprint to all Flexes. USB 3.0 confirmed working even with my Monster OTG flash drive and other USB 3.0 devices.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Some of my favorite features are missing, yeah. It could be partly updated later but I am sticking with my Flex for the foreseeable future.

OIS+ vs no OIS
QHD1440 5.5" vs HD720 6"
Battery 3-5hrs vs 6-14hrs (!)
1 front LED vs 1 front LED + 1 rear (jumbo) LED (!)
Fits front pocket vs Fits back pocket

Most of the items in OP are all working on the Flex, including Landscape Home and custom icons from 1x1 to 1x5 to 5x1 to 5x5 and all sizes between. Two mode Flashlight and can record 4K video with the LED light on. Wifi calling is rolling right now on Sprint to all Flexes. USB 3.0 confirmed working even with my Monster OTG flash drive and other USB 3.0 devices.

Two questions: front led??? And what do your battery life stats mean.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site

Maybe it's just an issue of time to get the phone released and they know they will be releasing 4.4.3-4.4.4 and will fix those then?
I am with you on that I believe we will see some fixes with the coming updates.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Wait a sec, it does do that. You just have to configure it, it doesn't start off that way.

How so? You used long press then slide over to what exclamation you wanted and last one would stay at that spot. No more at least on att

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

I am with you on that I believe we will see some fixes with the coming updates.

I hope, but I think these were intentional. What is so darn hard about a stock flash light that was on the flex and g2? Or a memo password?

Another thing that I see that may hopefully be a fix is that song info doesn't pass through my car Bluetooth. G2 did.

Last edited:

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Actually i found it's a lot simpler than that. When I plug the G3 into my computer I get 3 choices
1 Battery charge
2 Media device (MTP)
3 USB debugging connected
Clicking on number 2 lets me see the 3 options again and set to Media Sync. Then my ext SD card shows up on my computer. Just found that out though. Thanks for the reply.
Plus I downloaded LG Smartworld app for some nice themes!
QuickMemo+_2014-07-16-07-35-19.jpg

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
How so? You used long press then slide over to what exclamation you wanted and last one would stay at that spot. No more at least on att

If you go into configuration for the keyboard and pick Keyboard Height and Layout, then bottom Row Keys, you can move around the config key and existing punctuation key, configure them to default to a different item, and add a secondary punctuation key to the bottom row configured to whatever default you want it to be.

I added a comma key to the left of the spacebar, got used to it being there from using SwiftKey for so long. you could do a exclamation mark instead.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
If you go into configuration for the keyboard and pick Keyboard Height and Layout, then bottom Row Keys, you can move around the config key and existing punctuation key, configure them to default to a different item, and add a secondary punctuation key to the bottom row configured to whatever default you want it to be.

I added a comma key to the left of the spacebar, got used to it being there from using SwiftKey for so long. you could do a exclamation mark instead.

Sweet! Problem solved

sopclod

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

If they could of done USB 3.0 in micro USB I'd be all for it. The use of 3.0 on Note 3 and S5 is terrible in my mind, takes like 5 attempts to get the Frankenstein end plugged in.

Ah, I didn't think about that. I just assumed it could be done with standard micro USB but maybe not. At least they're not coming out with a new proprietary connector every couple of years like apple.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Two questions: front led??? And what do your battery life stats mean.

Front LED is best known as "notification light". It has patterns of flashing to indicate important information. On many newer phones you can set custom colors and sometimes custom patterns. My G Flex has a SECOND notification light on the rear, huge and bright. Same custom colors and everything, plus a couple extra patterns including "call active" and "recording", and when using face focus it changes colors to indicate whether you're in the frame.

My battery numbers are "typical screen time", assuming you recharge each night that is how long the screen will last in one day. My all time record with the Flex is 17 hours of reading. (grey text on black background)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish