Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree88Likes

Default Re: Finally saw G3, not impressed

9300 mAh battery? Really? Are you away from a wall outlet for days on end? Why do you need a battery that freekin' big? Really? 9300 mAh? Really?

And did he really complain that the screen was too small? Too small? Since when is 5.5" too small? Now I feel better making my purchase of the G3 after reading this thread. Thank you OP.
    (All VZW) Proud owner of: White VZW LG G2, White VZW LG G4, and Sammy G5
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, LG G3, & iPhone 6 Plus (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackguard View Post
    True! But Sammy managed to build a better brand. They didn't have to rename to shake off a bad image either. FWIT the only Samsung products I've ever had a good experience with are computer monitors. I don't buy their phones either.
    So your argument is saying that Goldstar couldn't make the better products they do now without changing the name. How would you know that? I mean all they did was rebrand it's still Lucky - Goldstar. This company has been around since the 1950. Samsung in the 80 was pure trash. Just saying. Rebranding Luck Goldstar to LG just made their Life Good...

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:

Curious how that differs from needing to tell everyone you like it?
    Open forum, sharing of opinions (whether you agree or not), seems like a reasonable concept.
    Only post if you think like me and like what I like would seem a bit boring.

The OP made some valid observations.....
    I personally like the G3 and will probably get one regardless of the OP's opinion. I do not need him to like it to validate my decision.

Childish mob mentality.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Briggs View Post
    I know, really. Like it's important to let the world know he doesn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Briggs View Post
    For now, you can get one of those portable lipstick sized chargers. I got one for $11 and it charges freakin fast!
    Same here. Very fast,but only charges about 60%,despite supposedly being 3,000 mh.
    Another Briggs here. Cheers

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Right. Apparently you cannot say anything negative here and the only welcome feedback is positive.

If the vendor is smart and more mature than the average poster here, they will listen to user input. It is an OK phablet, but as not impressive as I thought it would be. There are tons of alternatives, especially as 2.5K becomes mainstream this year. It is certainly a step in the right direction.

If you have an older phone like samsung s3 with lower resolution, G3 is worth upgrading to, but a fairly recent HD device like G Pro, maybe not. I watched videos on resolution difference, despite what they say, yes you can tell the higher 2560x1440 resolution and the welcome increase in PPI. it is razor sharp when you thought things could not get any better. However, a 6"+ screen would look fabulous.

*My* wish list would be:

6.3" screen with the same resoluton.
    10,000Mah battery at least as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by datum9 View Post
    Right. Apparently you cannot say anything negative here and the only welcome feedback is positive.

If the vendor is smart and more mature than the average poster here, they will listen to user input. It is an OK phablet, but as not impressive as I thought it would be. There are tons of alternatives, especially as 2.5K becomes mainstream this year. It is certainly a step in the right direction.

If you have an older phone like samsung s3 with lower resolution, G3 is worth upgrading to, but a fairly recent HD device like G Pro, maybe not. I watched videos on resolution difference, despite what they say, yes you can tell the higher 2560x1440 resolution and the welcome increase in PPI. it is razor sharp when you thought things could not get any better. However, a 6"+ screen would look fabulous.

*My* wish list would be:

6.3" screen with the same resoluton.
    10,000Mah battery at least as an option.
    agreed, and I wish my Cmax was a 747.
    Thanked by:

I'm pretty sure vendors don't listen to most feedback from here, they listen to the source of where the complaint and return came from. Ie, Amazon, att Verizon sprint Corp store etc.

This community forum may be big, but pales in comparison to sales figures from around the world. So a few hundred in the galaxy S5 forum vs a million sold devices from stores.

If I owned a company, I wouldn't say it would be smart to listen to 1% of my customers on a forum.
    Gator352 and Topgonzo like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

It was a rhetorical statement not to be taken literally. Of course they wont read forums that constitute 0.005 percent of their customer base.

It was a rhetorical statement not to be taken literally. Of course they wont read forums that constitute 0.005 percent of their customer base.
    They actually do some... LG has an account here .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    They actually do some... LG has an account here .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    This correct! I saw them post in a thread yesterday. LG is listening to its customers.
    scottysize likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Curious how that differs from needing to tell everyone you like it?
    Open forum, sharing of opinions (whether you agree or not), seems like a reasonable concept.
    Only post if you think like me and like what I like would seem a bit boring.

The OP made some valid observations.....
    I personally like the G3 and will probably get one regardless of the OP's opinion. I do not need him to like it to validate my decision.

Childish mob mentality.......
    There are many, many different topics to post exactly what you're feeling. Pick the appropriate thread and post there. Starting a "new" thread to say "WAH" about a phone you DO. NOT. OWN. is begging for belittling.

OP made some valid observations? To make a valid observation one must observe for an unspecified amount of time in order to come to a reasonable conclusion. Not owning the phone, one can't come to that conclusion that's reasonable especially and obviously in the short time he "saw" it.

Yes! Your observation is correct when you say this is an open forum. We do share opinions. And for intents and purposes, it is a reasonable concept. But sharing an opinion in an open forum, about a phone you don't own, begets the "childish mob mentality" you speak of. Besides, it's these posts and threads that keep it "not boring" because I'm having a blast poking fun at a guy that posted about a phone he's not impressed with that he doesn't own.

If anywhere, he should have posted this in the G Pro thread.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Quote Originally Posted by blackguard View Post
    True! But Sammy managed to build a better brand. They didn't have to rename to shake off a bad image either. FWIT the only Samsung products I've ever had a good experience with are computer monitors. I don't buy their phones either.
    Having sold appliances for a few years I would recommend LG well before Samsung. Coming from price, features, and a reliability stand point.

From my naked gold G3, bling bling!

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

New G3 owners should check out this latest June 15th PC Mag review, which gave it their Editor's choice award:
    LG G3 (AT&T) Review & Rating | PCMag.com
    Gator352 likes this.

Mainly comparing it to the LG Optimus G Pro.

The screen is identical to it except that the back and the home buttons are on the screen, making the screen effectively smaller than G Pro's.

The resolution seemed marginally sharper but things were tiny. IMO, the ideal resolution for a 5.5" screen is 1080p (HD). The higher resolution of G3 begs for a larger screen, something in the 6" - 6.3" range would be perfect. I am not going to upgrade from a 5.5" screen to another 5.5" screen. I will wait until the same panel comes out in a large phablet.

The salesperson said the battery from G Pro will not fit in G3. Since there are no aftermarket extended sized battery available for G3 at this time, this is just another deal-breaker as the default 3,000 mAh cell will not last long at all, and I am used to my 9300 mah cell.
    Im not impressed with your impression.
    Gator352 and scottysize like this.

I tested the G3 for two hours with browsing and games. The device IMO is all good except the performance anchor of Qhd, It drains it with heavy use, as the few reviews that actually test the device have shown (Anandtech and GSM). After using the device, I agree 100% with them that the G3 for battery and performance would be much better served with 1080p.

The hard reality though is most people really are not heavy users, so LG took a calculated risk most people would be happy with Qhd with a chip designed for 1080p as its target.

The 805 is designed for Qhd, but that would have delayed mass release by several months.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I just ordered a a spare LG G3 battery. They seem to already be in stock here:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LEXEBJI/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
    Did not want to wait till August 29th

ROM
    MIUI / GlitchMV

Wait... Does this mean my SGS III battery won't fit either? My G3 comes tomorrow so I need to know. Thanks! /sarc
    4 Kids, 1 Wife
    Gator352 and scottysize like this.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Interesting the G3 with more rez gets 19 hours talk time while the Optimus Pro with larger stock 3410 mah battery only gets 15 hours.
    LG Optimus G Pro specs
    LG G3 specs
    Optimus Pro = Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T
    Lg G3 = Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 8974-AC
    LG G3 battery actually outlasts the Samsung S5 by the way. Looks like the screen is not as burdensome as some have prejudged.

Also looks like the LG G3's super screen rez actually is noticed better compared to the Galaxy S5:

"When I handed the G3 to our analysts Eugene Kim (under 30) and Jim Fisher (our photography expert), though, they pointed out things I'd missed. Eugene's sharp, younger eyes really appreciated the more delicate serifs in the G3's text, while Jim picked out details in photographs that didn't show up on the S5's screen."
    -PC Mag
    Topgonzo and Gator352 like this.

Just got back from besbuy after playing with the G3. LOVE IT Blows my S3 away. Better than the S5 too. Have an upgrade coming in Sept with VZW and unless the Z2 or Moto X 2 comes along and impresses me more, then the G3 is my next phone. It felt good in my hand and the rear buttons are just right. Great camera and even the US was OK although I would probably install Nova.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmatt1971 View Post
    9300 mah cell? Good grief, that's a heck of a battery. Can't imagine ever needing one that big.
    I can, literally right in range of my use, (I have to charge THREE times from <15% to 100% EVERYDAY)
    Gator352 likes this.
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    8,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

If you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

Thanks!

¯\_(
    )_/¯ Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

P.U.P.P.A.H / Community Rules & Guidelines / Ambassador Guides / There's no magic in Root

Quote Originally Posted by JeremytheIndian View Post
    Wait... Does this mean my SGS III battery won't fit either? My G3 comes tomorrow so I need to know. Thanks! /sarc
    Just shove that sucker in there! Shoestring, bubblegum, and duct tape will make it happen!!

FWIW, I tried using the battery from my LG remark....nope...
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    I can, literally right in range of my use, (I have to charge THREE times from <15% to 100% EVERYDAY)
    Wow. Do you have a job? With a 9300mAh is within your range of use, do you get anything done?

Just playing man, please don't take it personal!
    Thanked by:
    Flagz 
    Flagz likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12