Status
Not open for further replies.

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
So was Samsung...

Posted via Android Central App
True! But Sammy managed to build a better brand. They didn't have to rename to shake off a bad image either. FWIT the only Samsung products I've ever had a good experience with are computer monitors. I don't buy their phones either.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
9300 mAh battery? Really? Are you away from a wall outlet for days on end? Why do you need a battery that freekin' big? Really? 9300 mAh? Really?

And did he really complain that the screen was too small? Too small? Since when is 5.5" too small? Now I feel better making my purchase of the G3 after reading this thread. Thank you OP.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
True! But Sammy managed to build a better brand. They didn't have to rename to shake off a bad image either. FWIT the only Samsung products I've ever had a good experience with are computer monitors. I don't buy their phones either.

So your argument is saying that Goldstar couldn't make the better products they do now without changing the name. How would you know that? I mean all they did was rebrand it's still Lucky - Goldstar. This company has been around since the 1950. Samsung in the 80 was pure trash. Just saying. Rebranding Luck Goldstar to LG just made their Life Good...

Posted via Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Curious how that differs from needing to tell everyone you like it?
Open forum, sharing of opinions (whether you agree or not), seems like a reasonable concept.
Only post if you think like me and like what I like would seem a bit boring.

The OP made some valid observations.....
I personally like the G3 and will probably get one regardless of the OP's opinion. I do not need him to like it to validate my decision.

Childish mob mentality.......

I know, really. Like it's important to let the world know he doesn't like it.

Last edited:

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Right. Apparently you cannot say anything negative here and the only welcome feedback is positive.

If the vendor is smart and more mature than the average poster here, they will listen to user input. It is an OK phablet, but as not impressive as I thought it would be. There are tons of alternatives, especially as 2.5K becomes mainstream this year. It is certainly a step in the right direction.

If you have an older phone like samsung s3 with lower resolution, G3 is worth upgrading to, but a fairly recent HD device like G Pro, maybe not. I watched videos on resolution difference, despite what they say, yes you can tell the higher 2560x1440 resolution and the welcome increase in PPI. it is razor sharp when you thought things could not get any better. However, a 6"+ screen would look fabulous.

*My* wish list would be:

6.3" screen with the same resoluton.
10,000Mah battery at least as an option.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Right. Apparently you cannot say anything negative here and the only welcome feedback is positive.

If the vendor is smart and more mature than the average poster here, they will listen to user input. It is an OK phablet, but as not impressive as I thought it would be. There are tons of alternatives, especially as 2.5K becomes mainstream this year. It is certainly a step in the right direction.

If you have an older phone like samsung s3 with lower resolution, G3 is worth upgrading to, but a fairly recent HD device like G Pro, maybe not. I watched videos on resolution difference, despite what they say, yes you can tell the higher 2560x1440 resolution and the welcome increase in PPI. it is razor sharp when you thought things could not get any better. However, a 6"+ screen would look fabulous.

*My* wish list would be:

6.3" screen with the same resoluton.
10,000Mah battery at least as an option.

agreed, and I wish my Cmax was a 747.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure vendors don't listen to most feedback from here, they listen to the source of where the complaint and return came from. Ie, Amazon, att Verizon sprint Corp store etc.

This community forum may be big, but pales in comparison to sales figures from around the world. So a few hundred in the galaxy S5 forum vs a million sold devices from stores.

If I owned a company, I wouldn't say it would be smart to listen to 1% of my customers on a forum.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
It was a rhetorical statement not to be taken literally. Of course they wont read forums that constitute 0.005 percent of their customer base.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It was a rhetorical statement not to be taken literally. Of course they wont read forums that constitute 0.005 percent of their customer base.

They actually do some... LG has an account here :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Curious how that differs from needing to tell everyone you like it?
Open forum, sharing of opinions (whether you agree or not), seems like a reasonable concept.
Only post if you think like me and like what I like would seem a bit boring.

The OP made some valid observations.....
I personally like the G3 and will probably get one regardless of the OP's opinion. I do not need him to like it to validate my decision.

Childish mob mentality.......

There are many, many different topics to post exactly what you're feeling. Pick the appropriate thread and post there. Starting a "new" thread to say "WAH" about a phone you DO. NOT. OWN. is begging for belittling.

OP made some valid observations? To make a valid observation one must observe for an unspecified amount of time in order to come to a reasonable conclusion. Not owning the phone, one can't come to that conclusion that's reasonable especially and obviously in the short time he "saw" it.

Yes! Your observation is correct when you say this is an open forum. We do share opinions. And for intents and purposes, it is a reasonable concept. But sharing an opinion in an open forum, about a phone you don't own, begets the "childish mob mentality" you speak of. Besides, it's these posts and threads that keep it "not boring" because I'm having a blast poking fun at a guy that posted about a phone he's not impressed with that he doesn't own.

If anywhere, he should have posted this in the G Pro thread.

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Having sold appliances for a few years I would recommend LG well before Samsung. Coming from price, features, and a reliability stand point.

From my naked gold G3, bling bling!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Mainly comparing it to the LG Optimus G Pro.

The screen is identical to it except that the back and the home buttons are on the screen, making the screen effectively smaller than G Pro's.

The resolution seemed marginally sharper but things were tiny. IMO, the ideal resolution for a 5.5" screen is 1080p (HD). The higher resolution of G3 begs for a larger screen, something in the 6" - 6.3" range would be perfect. I am not going to upgrade from a 5.5" screen to another 5.5" screen. I will wait until the same panel comes out in a large phablet.

The salesperson said the battery from G Pro will not fit in G3. Since there are no aftermarket extended sized battery available for G3 at this time, this is just another deal-breaker as the default 3,000 mAh cell will not last long at all, and I am used to my 9300 mah cell.

Im not impressed with your impression.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I tested the G3 for two hours with browsing and games. The device IMO is all good except the performance anchor of Qhd, It drains it with heavy use, as the few reviews that actually test the device have shown (Anandtech and GSM). After using the device, I agree 100% with them that the G3 for battery and performance would be much better served with 1080p.

The hard reality though is most people really are not heavy users, so LG took a calculated risk most people would be happy with Qhd with a chip designed for 1080p as its target.

The 805 is designed for Qhd, but that would have delayed mass release by several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463