LG G3 Casting your screen to chromecast

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Does this work for anyone else? I went into the chrome cast app and clicked cast screen then my chrome cast and it keeps trying to connect but never does though I can stream YouTube or Netflix just fine.

I know it is beta but I thought some people were able to get it to work. Help?

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything like that. :)
btw, I'm a girl.

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Casting your screen to chromecast

I was able to cast from my s4 perfectly. I do not have lg g3 yet but its on list of phones that should work. Did u update ur Chromecast app.

Posted via Android Central App

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site

That feature showed up well before it was activated. It was activated about a week ago on nexus devices and a few others (S5, M8). I am not sure if the G3 is supported yet. Make sure to have the latest version of Google play services and of the chromecast app.

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Also others have had to plug and unplug chromecast a few times for it to work.

Blazer

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

Funny... It worked perfectly 2 days ago... every screen on the G3 was displayed on the TV via chromecast... pics, video, web pages, calendar... menu screens... Gmail... text messages... games... EVERYTHING... Today it can't connect???

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Just tried with my G3... it will say connecting then go to disconnecting. rebooted the chromecast and didnt help.
I had it working perfect on my G2 last week.

Funny... It worked perfectly 2 days ago... every screen on the G3 was displayed on the TV via chromecast... pics, video, web pages, calendar... menu screens... Gmail... text messages... games... EVERYTHING... Today it can't connect???

Last edited:

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I do see when I downloaded Google Play Services for my G2 and sideloaded it, it was version 5.0.81 and checking my G3, the current version is 5.0.84. Must have been an update recently and guessing it killed it for the G3. I don't want to downlevel to test my theory so will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

I was able to cast from my s4 perfectly. I do not have lg g3 yet but its on list of phones that should work. Did u update ur Chromecast app.

I did update it. So there shouldn't be any issues there...

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything like that. :)
btw, I'm a girl.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiousity can you check and tell me what version of Google Play Services is installed on your phone by going to Settings > Apps > Downloaded (or All) and click on Google Play Services to see version? Can you also tell me version of Chromecast?

Thanks.

Been using chomecast on g3 for a few hours. Working great

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having problems casting full time to chromecast?

I can cast from apps like youtube that supports chromecast but if you choose to cast full time,
for me it says it is connecting to my chromecast then disconnects.

I figure it's a bug for G3 and awaiting updates to either the Chromecast app or Play Services...
But still surprised there are not more inquiries on this unless I am the only one having a problem.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having problems casting full time to chromecast?

I can cast from apps like youtube that supports chromecast but if you choose to cast full time,
for me it says it is connecting to my chromecast then disconnects.

I figure it's a bug for G3 and awaiting updates to either the Chromecast app or Play Services...
But still surprised there are not more inquiries on this unless I am the only one having a problem.

I was having problems mirror casting, I changed the runtime from art to dalvik and that solved my issue. Its been working flawlessly since then. Hth

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hmm, maybe that's it then cause I did convert to ART the moment I started setting up which included a factory reset.

Darn, hate to hear if that's it cause I can live with a couple apps I had not compatible like my CNBC app (I iddnt install and try but Google play says incompatible). But I really like the cast feature and works well on my G2 that I still have as well as my N4.

And the funny thing is, both of those phones, G2 and Nexus 4, I have ART enabled on them! But CNBC app works on my G2 with ART.

I was having problems mirror casting, I changed the runtime from art to dalvik and that solved my issue. Its been working flawlessly since then. Hth

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem the first time I tried to connect to Chromecast. I pushed the button, reset the device, and no problems since.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've tried rebooting it through the app, but I guess I can hit the button and do a hardware reset and try. Works on other phones mentioned though.

I had a problem the first time I tried to connect to Chromecast. I pushed the button, reset the device, and no problems since.

jimbo01

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Tried on my LG G3 with Art and it didn't work, changed back to Dalvik and it worked pretty well in most apps and games, then changed to Art and guess what, it's back to connecting then quickly goes to disconnecting, so the only way for me to make this work with my G3 is to revert to Dalvik.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for verifying this. Man I like cast but dint want to switch back to Dalvik. Guess will wait on an update to fix this.

Tried on my LG G3 with Art and it didn't work, changed back to Dalvik and it worked pretty well in most apps and games, then changed to Art and guess what, it's back to connecting then quickly goes to disconnecting, so the only way for me to make this work with my G3 is to revert to Dalvik.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed... for me at least... Switching back to Dalvik from ART, I was able to cast no problems.

After three hard freezes where I'm doing something and all of a sudden frozen and the only way to reboot is pull the battery, had enough of ART and switched back. Disappointed really cause ART runs without an issue on my Nexus 4 that I had given to my daughter.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234