Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Info: Vudu not yet compatible

Figured I'd let everyone know. Even tried using Helium to move the APK off of my G2 to the G3, but it's literally not functional on the G3 yet. This may be important to some.

Default Re: Info: Vudu not yet compatible

I went out and did a search for the Vudu apk. I have it installed and working. Works just fine. Downloading apps and side-loading them can be risky so be very careful. When I search for the Vudu app in the play store it says not compatible with my device.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Still not working for me. I'm on a T-Mobile version, not sure which one you're on. I've got emails in to Vudu, no response yet. This is a rather big deal, Netflix is nice and all, but Vudu lets you cache locally, so it's invaluable for when you're away from WiFi.
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I know this is an older post, but it's what came up when I Googled this issue. Did anyone ever hear anything? A month later, it still isn't available, at least for me.

I'm having the same problem with my device, I'm on AT&T. I sent Vudu an email asking what the deal is. I too cannot even see the Vudu app in the Google Play Store. I then received an email response from Dan in Customer Care at Vudu and they said they have a software update coming soon that will support the LG G3. Hopefully soon!

Download this app store: 1Mobile Market - best Google Android Apps Market and then download vudu from their. Works perfectly.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Capt19 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with my device, I'm on AT&T. I sent Vudu an email asking what the deal is. I too cannot even see the Vudu app in the Google Play Store. I then received an email response from Dan in Customer Care at Vudu and they said they have a software update coming soon that will support the LG G3. Hopefully soon!
    Oh good, because I haven't heard anything. I'm working with a sideloaded copy, rather have the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    Download this app store: 1Mobile Market - best Google Android Apps Market and then download vudu from their. Works perfectly.
    No way. Even if they have apps that work, what's to say they don't have malware or other viruses ? Are they scanned and tested by Google's play store policies? Nope. Downloading from a non-sanctioned Apps store (and the only one is Google Play) is the same as side loading. I'm staying away, and you should too.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

I'm with you Gator352. I'm not downloading anything that I have to from unknown sources. Anytime you have to check a box in your security settings and agree that you are completely responsible for everything bad that can happen from not using Google Play Store is not for me. It's not worth the risk. I'll wait.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I have that box checked for the Amazon AppStore, Xposed, and a few other rare occasions, like this one. But I extracted the apk from my tablet, I'm not a big fan of untested sources either. That just means I'm running the tablet version until vudu gives us the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    No way. Even if they have apps that work, what's to say they don't have malware or other viruses ? Are they scanned and tested by Google's play store policies? Nope. Downloading from a non-sanctioned Apps store (and the only one is Google Play) is the same as side loading. I'm staying away, and you should too.
    To each their own, I'm only trying to help. 1 mobile market is highly regarded in the blackberry forums for sideloading onto bb10 devices and has worked great for many people for quite some time now on both blackberry and android.

Sent from my OnePlus One

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use Flixter instead in order to access my Ultraviolet movies. Flixter does some movies in HD while VUDU doesn't (last time I checked).

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    To each their own, I'm only trying to help. 1 mobile market is highly regarded in the blackberry forums for sideloading onto bb10 devices and has worked great for many people for quite some time now on both blackberry and android.

Sent from my OnePlus One
    I understand that. No worries. Just that that's how people get the malware that you hear about. From off-shoot app stores and side loading.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

I just received another email from Vudu and was told that LG is not supporting the Vudu app

I just received another email from Vudu and was told that LG is not supporting the Vudu app
    LG NOT supporting the VUDU app?? - Non-sense.

It's more like VUDU not supporting the LG G3 because they are lazy and don't want to modify their app to support the resolution. Phone manufacturers WANT apps and services to be compatible...so it's up to the app developers to make it happen.

I agree 100% but that's the reply I received. I would be happy to post it but I don't know how to thru my phone. I sent LG an email stating what Vudu said so we'll see where that leads.

I agree 100% but that's the reply I received. I would be happy to post it but I don't know how to thru my phone. I sent LG an email stating what Vudu said so we'll see where that leads.
    Hey. Post the email you used to contact vudu. I'm going to send them an email myself to see if they like it!

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. To access your question from our support site, click here
    Subject
    LG G3 Android phone "not compatible" with play store app

Response By Email (Jerryn J) (08/24/2014 01:08 PM)
    Hello and Thank you for contacting VUDU customer care,

We do apologize as you might have a model not supported with the vudu movies and tv application. This is a feature that would have to be supported by the device manufacturer. It does not look like the device manufacturer is currently supporting our application. We recommend contacting lg and encouraging them to make the equipment vudu enabled.

Best regards,

Jerryn J.
    VUDU Customer Care
    1-888-554-VUDU (8838)
    support@vudu.com
    Customer By CSS Web (11573248)) (08/16/2014 12:48 PM)
    I purchased an LG G3 Android phone and tried to play the movies in my library and I had absolutely no luck doing so. I tried to get the Vudu app from the Google Play Store but it wouldn't appear. My son went to the Play Store and look and behold there it was, he has a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I Googled Vudu and was given a list of sites to go to and the one I was directed to go to took me to the Play Store but when I went there it said "your device not compatible with this app". Any ideas on when my device will be able to play the movies I not only redeemed but also the ones I paid for???
    Question Reference # 140816-000308
    Date Created: 08/16/2014 12:48 PM
    Date Last Updated: 08/24/2014 01:08 PM
    [---001:001414:10724---]
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Hmm. I don't know much about app development, but I assume it's more on the developer than the manufacturer, especially since I'm running the tablet version on my phone right now so I know the phone supports it. I would obviously rather have the phone version though.

OK, so you say it’s the manufacturer of the LG G3 as to why the VUDU app isn’t supported? Non-sense. It’s Android. I code for Android. The LG G3 is no different from say….the Samsung Note 3. The only difference is the screen resolution and can be “updated” to support it. I buy a lot of movies from you guys and if your “tech” department can’t figure it out, my business will go elsewhere because I’m not in the business of buying a phone just to support your app to watch movies I purchased when it should already should be supported.

Buy your “tech” department some coffee and doughnuts and get to work. Period.

Steve

I put the question reference # of your email in the subject. Maybe this will help. If not...I guess I'll get banned because it's crap like this that burn me up.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

They probably thought you were talking about an LG Blu-ray player or something.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Either way, it's pretty frustrating. I've got an email out to them also, but it's been a few days.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

For what it's worth, I finally got this email back.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. In a future software release we hope to provide support for the LG G3. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Dan Hatman

VUDU Customer Care

I just received an email stating "your case has been escalated to the engineering team". Probably just a nice way of saying "stop contacting us and have a nice day".

I just received an email stating "your case has been escalated to the engineering team". Probably just a nice way of saying "stop contacting us and have a nice day".
    This is the email I just received as well. A-holes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast