Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Using the G3 with my Mac?

    How do i use the G3 with my Mac? With the M7 i had the software installed which was just drag and drop items into the folders and it worked.

    Is there software i need to download from somewhere to do the same for the G3 or is it incompatible?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

  3. #3  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    I was just about to post the same thing. I was tyring to copy over my music folder last night and my Mac wouldn't find the device. I installed the Android File Transfer app per Googles instructions, but when I opened it, I got a message saying no Android device found.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    Thank you o4liberty ill give this a try right now.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by fedxup View Post
    I was just about to post the same thing. I was tyring to copy over my music folder last night and my Mac wouldn't find the device. I installed the Android File Transfer app per Googles instructions, but when I opened it, I got a message saying no Android device found.
    Yeah the android file transfer app has went down the drain an stopped working for me earlier this year. I think google gave up on updates for it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Well no luck for me. i installed the drivers then open LGSUITE and connect the G3 and nothing happens.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Maddening why different ecosystems can't play nice. My Mac doesn't recognize my g3,just the same way it didn't my g2

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    beezlebubz likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    Maddening why different ecosystems can't play nice. My Mac doesn't recognize my g3,just the same way it didn't my g2

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Yeah no kidding! This makes no sense.

    So i take it your not able to transfer files,pics etc over to your mac like me then?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    Yeah no kidding! This makes no sense.

    So i take it your not able to transfer files,pics etc over to your mac like me then?
    There is an ota way on the g2,I'm sure there is for g3. On g2 forum,look for user jwill (I think) that wrote in depth about it

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    What about using Samsung Kies?
  11. #11  
    Mikest's Avatar

    Posts
    464 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    I'm running Mountain Lion (OSX) but I just used the android file transfer and it worked fine for me.

    Android.com
  12. #12  
    Mikest's Avatar

    Posts
    464 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by fedxup View Post
    I was just about to post the same thing. I was tyring to copy over my music folder last night and my Mac wouldn't find the device. I installed the Android File Transfer app per Googles instructions, but when I opened it, I got a message saying no Android device found.
    Did you set your phone to Media sync by tapping the USB icon in your notifications tray? I believe it was the media sync one. Theres only two to choose from so try them both. It worked for me on Mountain Lion.

    I launched Android File Transfer on my laptop, plugged the phone in to get the USB in my notications on my phone screen and then tapped the USB to select media sync and boom it worked.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolsig View Post
    There is an ota way on the g2,I'm sure there is for g3. On g2 forum,look for user jwill (I think) that wrote in depth about it

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    ota would take forever with photos an videos

    Quote Originally Posted by LocationDudeNYC View Post
    What about using Samsung Kies?
    I never tried or used it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I'm running Mountain Lion (OSX) but I just used the android file transfer and it worked fine for me.

    Android.com
    And your using a G3??
  14. #14  
    Mikest's Avatar

    Posts
    464 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    ota would take forever with photos an videos



    I never tried or used it


    And your using a G3??
    Yep LG G3 on AT&T
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    ota would take forever with photos an videos



    I never tried or used it


    And your using a G3??
    It was faster than you would think,but Google photos is my cloud now

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Did you set your phone to Media sync by tapping the USB icon in your notifications tray? I believe it was the media sync one. Theres only two to choose from so try them both. It worked for me on Mountain Lion.

    I launched Android File Transfer on my laptop, plugged the phone in to get the USB in my notications on my phone screen and then tapped the USB to select media sync and boom it worked.
    When i tapped the usb icon it says installing pc software an then i selected media sync , now all it does is beep flashing the notification bar saying ''connected as a media device (mtp)'' but doesnt do anything when i connect to my mac, just beeps an flashes.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Yep LG G3 on AT&T
    I redownloaded AFT and still doesnt work for me. Im on OS X mavericks current and updated version.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Did you set your phone to Media sync by tapping the USB icon in your notifications tray? I believe it was the media sync one. Theres only two to choose from so try them both. It worked for me on Mountain Lion.

    I launched Android File Transfer on my laptop, plugged the phone in to get the USB in my notications on my phone screen and then tapped the USB to select media sync and boom it worked.
    I didn't notice that option. I will give it a try when get home tonight. Thanks
  19. #19  
    Mikest's Avatar

    Posts
    464 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    I redownloaded AFT and still doesnt work for me. Im on OS X mavericks current and updated version.
    Not updating For The Win!

    Another solution if you're on a wifi network might be something like Airdroid.
  20. #20  
    Mikest's Avatar

    Posts
    464 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    When i tapped the usb icon it says installing pc software an then i selected media sync , now all it does is beep flashing the notification bar saying ''connected as a media device (mtp)'' but doesnt do anything when i connect to my mac, just beeps an flashes.
    Did you launch Android File Transfer on the computer before connecting the device?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Did you launch Android File Transfer on the computer before connecting the device?
    Yes and it still does the beeping noise while flashing the notification bar up top. And AFT just stays showing ''no android device found''.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Well no luck at all which is a bummer cause i do like the G3. Its just an inconvenience not being able to drag and drop with my Mac using the usb. Thinking of returning it unfortunately...
  23. #23  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Sorry I know it probably not funny to you but its teeeheee to me lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    I just use Diskovery and copy files wirelessly
    ranger29 likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Using the G3 with my Mac?

    Still no luck getting this to work. I downloaded the LG drivers and put the phone in MTP mode, but AFT still doesn't recognize it. My Network connection does come up and thinks the phone is a modem, but I have no idea what to do from there.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. s voice, music on the s5
    By ndilakuyanda in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 02:02 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 12:14 PM
  3. G3 Quick Circle Case w/Qi charging
    By csummerscales in forum LG G3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 03:22 PM
  4. LG G3 Lock Screens and Wallpapers?!
    By Flagz in forum LG G3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 10:17 AM
  5. My Cellular Internet Won't Work?
    By OliviaHubbard in forum US Cellular Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions