Pleasantly surprised on the improvements on the LG Keyboard over the G2.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've used Swiftkey since my first Android and ended up putting it on every phone but after a couple of days using the phone full time and giving the keyboard a chance, I'm really liking it definitely over the G2 keyboard. The keyboard doesnt look much different than the G2 but you find the improvements here and there and to be able to tweak it a little to me it's nothing like the previous keyboard.

Initially I felt the keys so small and hitting the wrong keys but being able to vertically adjust the size of keyboard I found a sweet spot where I hit the right keys. Before that I was getting by with the fact that the predictive typing and autocorrect is so much better than the experience I had with the G2 and felt more like the accuracy I get on the Swiftkey. It also makes the swype like feature much more accurate and enjoyable to use now where I never was a fan of swyping.

Finish it off where I can customize the lower left button to default at voice type so that I can use Google Voice now and then to type I have it pretty much the way I want for now.

There are other features like one had typing by scrunching the keyboard to left side or right or splitting the keyboard in landscape but I dont use those really. But I wanted to hear if others have found the new keyboard to be as good. So good, I don't think I will be installing Swiftkey.

Really liking some of the little improvements in the G3 over G2. Another surprise is the Messaging app being better than the G2. On the G2 I had to install Textra to get a decent messaging app. I find the G3 app to be good enough to keep using.