Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhettrich
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Neibl's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

    Default OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    I have accepted my fate on AT&T and want the LG G3 (and G Watch), but the problem is simple. I'm willing to switch to PMA, however it doesn't seem like PMA builds the charging coils into the phone, for god knows what reason. The only PMA case for the G3 is the circle case.

    Has anyone found a replacement G3 back that will support PMA chargers. I'll buy some PMA chargers and call ti a day, this way I can go about getting AT&T phones happily again. Thanks in advance.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neibl View Post
    I have accepted my fate on AT&T and want the LG G3 (and G Watch), but the problem is simple. I'm willing to switch to PMA, however it doesn't seem like PMA builds the charging coils into the phone, for god knows what reason. The only PMA case for the G3 is the circle case.

    Has anyone found a replacement G3 back that will support PMA chargers. I'll buy some PMA chargers and call ti a day, this way I can go about getting AT&T phones happily again. Thanks in advance.
    I'd like to know about this as well. I'm willing to pull the trigger on a PMA charger, but I need to find a back plate to use it with.
    Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

    Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

    Android Addict
    Neibl likes this.
  3. #3  
    brewzer's Avatar

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

    Default Re: OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    There's going to be more than a couple of people keeping their eyes on this thread. I have no desire for the circle case and won't be buying one, in fact I don't want any PMA case, I just want a PMA back cover. Over time someone at XDA will probably develop some type of hardware hack but who knows how long that will take.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Neibl's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

    Default Re: OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    I feel like i'm going to get the circle case to start. my issue it I don't think the G3 will fit in my ProClip USA cradle in my car and i love those things they have changed how i use a phone in the car. I might go commando and drill the plastic to fit the device. Well see.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    I'd be more okay with PMA if there were more chargers. As it stands it could take a while or never. Still hoping someone will figure out Qi charging for ATT G3...
  6. #6  

    Default Re: OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    Quote Originally Posted by brewzer View Post
    There's going to be more than a couple of people keeping their eyes on this thread. I have no desire for the circle case and won't be buying one, in fact I don't want any PMA case, I just want a PMA back cover. Over time someone at XDA will probably develop some type of hardware hack but who knows how long that will take.
    What's with hardware hacks, rooting, this and that. I'm not mcguiver. I just want the **** to work.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    Duracell Powermat White 24-hour Power System- iPhone 4/4S accessories from AT&T

    I gave in today and am going with PMA. The link above is your best option. For $10 you cannot go wrong. Check your local stores and get them if you can. I grabbed 2 today and my local corporate store. It comes with an 1850ma battery too. I haven't gotten the PMA back yet but I plan on doing something like getting the Quick Circle case and removing the coil and putting it in my back.

    I will say the PMA pads are nicer than any Qi I have tried. The magnetic feature is very nice. It also has a tone to let you know when connected. This along with Starbucks chargers, this may not be so bad after all.
    Thanked by 2:
    jkimreyNeibl 
  8. #8  
    jkimrey's Avatar

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

    Default Re: OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

    Quote Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post
    Duracell Powermat White 24-hour Power System- iPhone 4/4S accessories from AT&T

    I gave in today and am going with PMA. The link above is your best option. For $10 you cannot go wrong. Check your local stores and get them if you can. I grabbed 2 today and my local corporate store. It comes with an 1850ma battery too. I haven't gotten the PMA back yet but I plan on doing something like getting the Quick Circle case and removing the coil and putting it in my back.

    I will say the PMA pads are nicer than any Qi I have tried. The magnetic feature is very nice. It also has a tone to let you know when connected. This along with Starbucks chargers, this may not be so bad after all.
    Unfortunately none around where I live - would have loved to pick one up at that price

    If anyone hears of any more good deals on any other compatible pads, please post.

    Thanks

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Is this normal for my battery to drain like this??
    By elykoj in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 06:19 PM
  2. Uploading pics from Google Photos to Facebook
    By tibbi64 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM
  3. New AT&T G3: Apps that cannot be uninstalled!
    By blackdogAC in forum LG G3
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 10:57 PM
  4. andrid L problem, heatin phone when on calls and locks screen
    By AC Question in forum Android L Developer Preview
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 02:10 PM
  5. How Can I Edit the Phone Dictionary
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions