Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Mine was 35116 on intital benchmark test

Default Re: Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?

Mine was 35866 stock after removing some of verizon bloat ware getting 37162 no root .....posted in here ! no lag or heating issues runs great not one problem with this phone
    Thanked by:

Angry Re: Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?

I had my first Tmo G3 replaced because it ALWAYS benchmarked WORSE than the G2 (9th place to be exact). The 2nd phone performs exactly the same way as the first. I am disgusted with this phone. And yes benchmarks do matter when you test a BRAND new flagship phone. You DO NOT expect to see it listed NINTH from the top!! PERIOD

I have watched the 4 cores, and 2 of them almost NEVER turn on. And the HIGHEST clock is 1497GHz. Umm...I didn't buy a 1.5GHz phone. WTF is 1GHz and 2-3 other cores? I will call LG again and see if I can get a coherent answer. The first time I called (about the 1st phone) their reply was to factory reset. Dude, the phone is 10 days old. And for the record, unrooting LG's process sucks a$$ compared to Samsung Odin method, I have the 3GBRAM/32GB Storage model, and this phone IS SLOWER than my Note 3. I have yet to run ONE benchmark that ranks this phone in the ACTUAL class it belongs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-2014-08-11-15.11.00.jpg   Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-2014-08-11-15.14.33.jpg   Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-2014-08-11-15.19.22.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by nycundrgrnd View Post
    I had my first Tmo G3 replaced because it ALWAYS benchmarked WORSE than the G2 (9th place to be exact). The 2nd phone performs exactly the same way as the first. I am disgusted with this phone. And yes benchmarks do matter when you test a BRAND new flagship phone. You DO NOT expect to see it listed NINTH from the top!! PERIOD

I have watched the 4 cores, and 2 of them almost NEVER turn on. And the HIGHEST clock is 1497GHz. Umm...I didn't buy a 1.5GHz phone. WTF is 1GHz and 2-3 other cores? I will call LG again and see if I can get a coherent answer. The first time I called (about the 1st phone) their reply was to factory reset. Dude, the phone is 10 days old. And for the record, unrooting LG's process sucks a$$ compared to Samsung Odin method, I have the 3GBRAM/32GB Storage model, and this phone IS SLOWER than my Note 3. I have yet to run ONE benchmark that ranks this phone in the ACTUAL class it belongs.
    Are you running the benchmarks one after the other? The phone could be being thermal throttled thus giving you a low max freq and low Antutu score.

Quote Originally Posted by nycundrgrnd View Post

I don't go by benchmarking scores, my Note 3 was the same as the G3 and the Z2.

All would get inconsistent scores.

Why is this an issue.

Does your phone run fine?

Posted via Android Central App

Can somebody please tell me how I go about checking my cores activity and speeds? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by carney198 View Post
    Can somebody please tell me how I go about checking my cores activity and speeds? Thanks!
    Grab this app and away you go: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...enchMark&hl=en

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    Thanked by:

I don't run the test right after one another. In fact, the last two pix I restarted my phone in between. And if it's throttling after a 60-90 sec benchmark, something is wrong. On my first phone, I would play a game called Sky Force. It would turn my G3 into a finger toaster. And would simply warm my Note 3. Perhaps all those extra pixels, but there is no reason for the performance to be that consistently poor. (Every benchmark, my new G3 ranks LOWER than the G2. like wtf?!) When I see that, I die a little inside. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    Are you running the benchmarks one after the other? The phone could be being thermal throttled thus giving you a low max freq and low Antutu score.
    Last edited by nycundrgrnd; 08-11-2014 at 07:28 PM.

I used CPU-Z to watch for activity, speed and temp.
    Thanked by:

I have had almost exactly the same score. I have a theory that most review models are over clocked because it will always look better in test scores. However I find that some games struggle with frame rate with my 16gb/2gb ram version. The stuttering when apps are quit can be resolved by changing the home screen transitions. I took a leap of faith based on the rave reviews. I'm say 70% happy with the phone. Have already had an update on power optimisation so let's hope LG take on board the lag criticisms from actual consumers and provide the latest kitkat version soon which will smooth out the kinks. Can you let me know of any other issues you have had cheers jason

I agree the phone does get hot when put to task on graphic intense apps and games. I had too take the back off the phone to cool it down. I think the metalic skin could be insulating the mobile too much adding too the over heating. let's hope LG are taking note. It needs to be addressed if they want to head off the competition

Damn you guys are scoring way higher than me and ive removed all the bloatware on my g3.

Posted via the Android Central App

This is my score.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-32334.jpg  

And some details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-32336.jpg  

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I get this score as well running the phone on ART. On dalvik my phone scores around 2000 better.

Posted with the speed of my G3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12