Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Euroskank CM10

Default Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?

Same 801 chipset, same GHz, more RAM and the M8 and S5 produce better benchmarks. I think the majority of G3 owners will be like me - spec freaks. So why lower Quadrant, Vellamo, and AnTuTu scores with the same, if not better hardware?

Posted via S4 TechNology

Global Posts
    11,945 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?

A few ideas (all speculation)

1. LG isn't cheating on the benchmarks.
    2. The scores mentioned are "on screen" which are lowered by the higher pixel count
    3. RAM doesn't help much on mobile devices because most relevant processes use CPU power rather than RAM.
    4. Benchmarks don't measure anything meaningful

Or any combination of the above as factors. I'm sure there's more too it, but these would be my initial position.
    jbjtkbw007, Gator352 and UJ95x like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Benchmarking is odd, when I had the Note 3 out of interest I ran s benchmark and it was significantly lower than it should have been, and devices it should have cleaned the floor with it didn't..

So benchmarks are not concrete.

And out of interest again, dam why do I do this I ran antutu and scored 28083 and if any owner of an m8 or S5 in all honesty won't get the acclaimed 35000 as stated in the test.

I therefore don't see the relevance as the inaccuracies are there to see.

Posted via Android Central App

Doesn't look bad to me!
    Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-uploadfromtaptalk1405555828094.jpg
    belodion likes this.

I just ran AnTuTu for the heck of it and I got a 33713 which is up there but behind the M8(35244), S5(35046) and Note 3(34265)

If you run the test, you can't look at just the final number... look at the detail and compare the breakdown and in AnTuTu case for my test, I see when compared to the M8, or S5, and Note 3, the G3 actually scores better in the majority of tests. What was really kept the G3 in beating all was in the same test... the Runtime and the numbers were really lop sided compared to all the other tests... 1811 vs 3446 against the M8, 1811 vs 3550 against the S5 and 1811 vs 3613 against the Note 3.

Not sure what's involved in the Runtime test and why the G3 lags behind. I run the test for fun and ok with the numbers.

Yeah I think it runs pretty up with the top phones out there. I've run it enough on other phones like G2 and N4 where it can differ by a couple of thousand if you ran it a number of times and the phone gets warm or from a cold boot or who knows what other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    Doesn't look bad to me!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405555828094.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	127867
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I just ran AnTuTu for the heck of it and I got a 33713 which is up there but behind the M8(35244), S5(35046) and Note 3(34265)

If you run the test, you can't look at just the final number... look at the detail and compare the breakdown and in AnTuTu case for my test, I see when compared to the M8, or S5, and Note 3, the G3 actually scores better in the majority of tests. What was really kept the G3 in beating all was in the same test... the Runtime and the numbers were really lop sided compared to all the other tests... 1811 vs 3446 against the M8, 1811 vs 3550 against the S5 and 1811 vs 3613 against the Note 3.

Not sure what's involved in the Runtime test and why the G3 lags behind. I run the test for fun and ok with the numbers.
    OK major fluctuations ran it twice again an scored 20719 and then 33612 wow and my first was 28083.

In the breakdown all is well and claims the or my G3 is excellent for everything.

This phone has performed well with everything I throw at it with ease, not like the Note 3 I had that would lag all through the day!
    I have own quite a few smart phones and being a heavy user the LG G3 is a top performer in my book!

Mine is now laggy and running consistently around 30k on antutu. my find 7 is running 36k.

Quote Originally Posted by isitme View Post
    Mine is now laggy and running consistently around 30k on antutu. my find 7 is running 36k.
    Obviously not normal behavior.

Sounds like an app is causing your issue like I said above the G3 for me is flawless and the fastest device to date for me.
    No matter what phone I have I go thru a battery in almost 4 hours on a busy day at work so my phone is used very heavy and so far no lag here.

30k is very fast. Should not be large at all. Must be a Rouge app.

any ideas on the app?

any ideas on the app?
    Mine doesn't lag but it micro stutters...reminiscent of the S4 when it was first released. It does this after a full restore and after installing all my apps. It's definitely a software problem and have yet to figure it out.

Can someone please help me look at how low my benchmark was I got 27240 and scored below the galaxy s4 wtf this has 3gb of ram!!! Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-benchmark.jpg
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eboy4032 View Post
    Can someone please help me look at how low my benchmark was I got 27240 and scored below the galaxy s4 wtf this has 3gb of ram!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benchmark.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	128349
    Don't pay attention to it look at my fluctuations above.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Don't pay attention to it look at my fluctuations above.

Ive done it like 8 times and I always score in the same area and on other benchmarks like 3D mark All the other flagships are much farther ahead at the top of the list Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-screenshot_2014-07-19-18-58-16.jpg

Is there something wrong like an app even though Ive scanned all my apps for virus and malicious stuff. I haven't even had this phone for 24 hours.
    nycundrgrnd likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eboy4032 View Post
    Ive done it like 8 times and I always score in the same area and on other benchmarks like 3D mark All the other flagships are much farther ahead at the top of the list Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-19-18-58-16.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	128350

Is there something wrong like an app even though Ive scanned all my apps for virus and malicious stuff. I haven't even had this phone for 24 hours.
    The best thing you can do is delete those benchmarking apps and happy days. They don't mean a darn thing.

Aquila likes this.

I uninstalled some apps and finally relief.... Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-benchmark-relief.jpg Screw you benchmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    Same 801 chipset, same GHz, more RAM and the M8 and S5 produce better benchmarks. I think the majority of G3 owners will be like me - spec freaks. So why lower Quadrant, Vellamo, and AnTuTu scores with the same, if not better hardware?

Posted via S4 TechNology
    Kudo, i think of lg g3 display was feeding by benchmark consume more processed. You can cN prove me wrong if you like

Posted via LG G3 Sprint
    nycundrgrnd likes this.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

What is everybody else getting on there test ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-screenshot_2014-08-02-06-22-09.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

This is the 2/16gb variant and no doubt some of my apps are running in background will have an effect.

But this will do me, not that I'm bothered about benchmarking.

But for the benefit of the thread.

Have had higher check above think around 33000 so it does vary

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-13934.jpg  

This is an interesting post. I have a suspicion that there is some bugs going on with some of the G3's CPU governing.. Myself and a bunch of my friends have the G3. Using Quadrant as a benchmark, all but two of us get 23K-25K every single time. However, two of them can't seem to break 8-12k. While using Android tuner, one of the G3's had 2 cores almost always inactive, and when it was active, would never go over 300mhz. I'm starting to wonder if some G3's are having governing issues that's really limiting full 4 core usage. I wouldn't be surprised if the people that are having the "lag" issues also get low benchmarks. My guess, the CPU is either not activating all 4 cores, or it's severely throttling 2 of them down.

Edit: holy hell I need to update my sig.
    Jayselad likes this.

And let's remember, Benchmarks are only valid when they make your particular phone look good.

Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?-uploadfromtaptalk1406974990395.jpg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast