Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rick Bell
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First LG Phone LG G3 / Few Questions / Thank You

This is my first LG phone. I am not sure if I have some questions because of that, or because of the specific phone, or due to the screen size.

1. What is the fitness app all the way to the left screen?
    It is not in the widget list or app list. Is it just LG Fitness?

2. I want to use the native launcher for a change, it appears so much better than TWiz. But I do like my 4x1 widgets to span the whole screen. Can you widen the widgets to do that? Or would that require a 5x5 screen which LG's launcher can't do

3. If I were to use Nova, I suppose the answer to #1 above would answer this, but if that LG Fitness is the same app, I could place a widget for that on one screen, provided it has one. What is the best fitness app with a widget?

4. I have a big selection of wallpapers. In the past I would normally use PicSpeed or Backgrounds HD to set the wallpaper normally selecting wide. I am a little confused as one of the apps I am using, with one size wallpaper I have (either 1980x1020 or 2550x1420) when set on the homescreen flickers a little, then the screen itself, not the home buttons or notification bar, turns black. I set it again, with what app I can't figure out and whether I select full screen (wide) or just normal, something fixes it? Any idea?

5. Lastly, I had read that the screen on the LG is wonderful, may take a little of the battery, but also that it is a little dim. Well I agree.
    But it was a LOT dim when my battery is at 14. As much as I thought I knew, maybe I don't let my phone get that weak, but even with the battery saver off, it appears that Android has a built in mechanism to lower the brightness at some point. Would that be correct? And I use Brightness Toggle Widget app. Weird but on all other phones, it was in sync with the phone - when I would change it on the widget, the phone would change. When I would change on the phone, the widget would change. Can someone shed light on that. Do some apps just not update or work on certain phones. Is there a better app to use a widget where you can set the brightness at selected interval %'s

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas or answers to any questions
    Eric

Global Posts
    17,648 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: First LG Phone LG G3 / Few Questions / Thank You

I don't have a G3, but I can say this; I run Nova, and I can't make the widgets go all the way to the sides. I can get it close, but there is still a margin.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Golddriver. When you say you can't get them to go all the way across, you mean with LG's launcher, right?
    On Nova, no problem, I have a 5x5 grid and resize the widget and it is fine
    But for once I want to use the native launcher

thanks again

Checked out the G3 today and WOW. I think I have found my next new phone. Still hoping VZW will get the Z2. But this g3 is really nice. Was surprised at how light weight it is. Snappy and very responsive. With an upgrade coming in Sept it will take a very impressive Z2 or maybe a comparably big screen Moto X2 to change my mind. Coming from a 2yr old s3 this phone is very impressive. And I love my S3 and have had Zero problems with it.

Posted from my VZW GALAXY S3
    eric0668 likes this.