Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BIGGY
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool LG G3 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Re: LG G3 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5

I have a Samsung Gnex which is obviously not something I can compare. The main reason I'm leaning towards the S5 at the moment is the fact that I can do wireless tethering on it for the Verizon unlimited data plan (which is blocked by VZN unless you pay their $30/mo). The water/dust resistance is something that's a mid level factor for me playing beach vball all the time also. Having played with both phones, absolutely the G3 feels better in hand even though it's larger. Design wise, the G3 wins it for me. Functionality such as FoxFi allowing me wireless tether and water resistance the S5 takes it for me. But a tough call.
    VW Maverick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGY View Post
    I have a Samsung Gnex which is obviously not something I can compare. The main reason I'm leaning towards the S5 at the moment is the fact that I can do wireless tethering on it for the Verizon unlimited data plan (which is blocked by VZN unless you pay their $30/mo). The water/dust resistance is something that's a mid level factor for me playing beach vball all the time also. Having played with both phones, absolutely the G3 feels better in hand even though it's larger. Design wise, the G3 wins it for me. Functionality such as FoxFi allowing me wireless tether and water resistance the S5 takes it for me. But a tough call.
    Water and dust are not sand! I would get nervous with any phone around sand not in a life proof case or one of those waterproof bags to carry a phone in...or both! Lol!
    iPhone 6 Plus, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Water and dust are not sand! I would get nervous with any phone around sand not in a life proof case or one of those waterproof bags to carry a phone in...or both! Lol!
    I'd be nervous case or not... Technology and water don't mix .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I'd be nervous case or not... Technology and water don't mix .

true, and sand is just made to get into cracks and muck stuff up!
    iPhone 6 Plus, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

I am going with the G3 because I cannot stand Touch wiz and all the bloatware and useless garbage Samsung crams into their phones.

G3 just because I've had nothing but bad lag with the s3 and s4. From what I've seen reviewers have stated the s5 also suffers from bad lag.