How to cover the front LG logo on the G3

mcwuppy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone! I just got a white LG G3 from T-mobile yesterday, I switched over from a buggy G Note II. I'm liking the phone and the over all slim design so far however I am not to fond of the shiny LG LOGO on the bottom of the front screen that kinda takes away its minimalistic design. I would really really like to find a way to cover the logo using some sort of sticker or skin. I would like it the screen too look all black when turned off (similar to the oneplus one) or white metallic sticker matching the color that covers just the front bottom part. Does anyone know of any places online where I can buy a sticker or skin for the G3 that can cover the ugly lg logo?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem worth the hassle. I don't honestly see what the big deal is anyway. Never been an issue with my G2.

Worst case, find a case that covers it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
mcwuppy, if you cover the logo you're going to lie awake at night thinking "I covered the logo but that's no good, the logo is still there under the covering, how can I really get rid of it?" and you're going to start thinking of burning it out with a laser or getting the LG factory to tool up to make you a special logo-free panel. That logo is going to ruin your life. As logos go, it actually is quite minimalist, don't you think?

Posted via Android Central App

mcwuppy

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
mcwuppy, if you cover the logo you're going to lie awake at night thinking "I covered the logo but that's no good, the logo is still there under the covering, how can I really get rid of it?" and you're going to start thinking of burning it out with a laser or getting the LG factory to tool up to make you a special logo-free panel. That logo is going to ruin your life. As logos go, it actually is quite minimalist, don't you think?

Tell me about it, Its just that coming from an HTC One and Galaxy Note II, I really hate the LG logo, it looks like the GE General Electric logo which I associate with stoves and refrigerators not that LG and Samsung make kitchen appliances as well lol:
GE.jpg

Anyways, I think I found what I'm looking for in carbon white:
Amazon.com: Decalrus - LG G3 BLUE Texture Brushed Aluminum skin skins decal for case cover wrap BAlgG3Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories
or black:
Amazon.com: Decalrus - Protective Decal Skin Sticker for LG G3 skin skins case cover wrap LGg3-90: Electronics

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I also think the LG logo is annoying, but only to a very small extent. And I don't mind the Verizon logo because it's on a majority of their phones. This is all based upon images online.

When I was in the store, looking at the screen in person, I did not notice either logo. At all. I forgot to look for it.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Idk, the logo doesn't bother me. I think it actually looks pretty nice there. That being said, your best bet is probably getting a skin for the phone through someone like slickwraps (as has been mentioned above).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never let logos bother me. Even the branding on the Verizon phone wouldn't bother me. Companies are going to brand their stuff... Cars do it.. Keyboards.. Mouses... Stoves.. Fridges... Etc. They want to have people know the brand when they look at it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish LG would have chosen either the front or the back to put their logo, not both. However, it could be worse, at least Sprint refrained from blasting their name all over it.

Sent from my LGLS990 using AC Forums mobile app

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
In the world of cameras, users complained when makers switched from old script-style logos, as used on Exaktas and Leicas etc., to more 'up to date' styles. I think an old logo on a maker's latest products looks good, and links it to the past. I very much like the GE logo above.

Posted via Android Central App

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The LG logo doesn't bother me. I think it looks nice. What I can't stand is the carrier logo (T-Mobile) on the back. I still don't understand why iPhone is the only phone that don't have the carriers logo on it????? What makes those phones so special? I have to admit that's one thing I liked about iPhones when I owned them.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
The LG logo doesn't bother me. I think it looks nice. What I can't stand is the carrier logo (T-Mobile) on the back. I still don't understand why iPhone is the only phone that don't have the carriers logo on it????? What makes those phones so special? I have to admit that's one thing I liked about iPhones when I owned them.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

No Sprint logos on this G3!

From my naked gold G3, bling bling!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But youll put sticker over it humm.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

I never said I'd pull anything over it.... Not sure where you saw me say that :).

I said....

I've never let logos bother me. Even the branding on the Verizon phone wouldn't bother me. Companies are going to brand their stuff... Cars do it.. Keyboards.. Mouses... Stoves.. Fridges... Etc. They want to have people know the brand when they look at it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci