disable charge complete notification sound

preternatural

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I charge my phone overnight on my bedside table. The phone lights up and makes a sound when it's complete then stops charging. I suppose it drains a bit and starts charging again which means more light and noise. And the cycle continues until I am conscious enough to unplug it. My gs3 had the same issue and I disabled it somehow. Stay Awake is not checked on Dev options. I am not rooted and running ART.
Thanks for any help!

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Top pull down notification...Quiet Time...set the hours you don't want sounds.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

preternatural

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply blackdogAC. I am on call overnight a lot, which is why sleep is so precious to me. I need the phone to ring... Loudly! I have played around with Quiet time but the ring is silenced. I was just hoping there was a quick, permanent fix like on my gs3 that doesn't require root.

LauraWA

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
This is something I would like to disable as well. Quiet Mode scheduling could work for being on call as you can set certain numbers to ring through, but my problem is I need a quick toggle for quiet mode as I need to set it fast at different times during the day depending on meetings. To do that, you can' tune the scheduling option. If anyone figures out how to silence the fully charged sound, I would love to know! I also want to disable the camera shutter sound.

preternatural

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
People are supposed to go through the PBX to reach me but I frequently get called directly, often from an unfamiliar number. Sadly, I couldn't rely on enabling numbers in quiet mode. Still searching.

Posted via Android Central App

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, also didn't like that it would make a sound when plugging in the G2 when the wife was already asleep. Have to start digging into this.

shelt

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Search and Rescue member on call 24/7, so I need notifications at a loud volume at night. I fixed this in my Verizon G3 with the following process (which may void your warranty...):

1. I rooted my device using IORoot. Other models may be able to use the simpler towelroot.
2. I installed SuperSU to verify and manage root access
3. I installed Root Explorer (File Manager) to rename files, and install new ones.
4. I found a silent OGG sound file on the web
5. I made two "silent" copies -- A) FullBattery.ogg, and b) cam_snap_0.ogg
FullBattery.ogg replaces the tone with silence. cam_snap_0.ogg replaces the loud Camera App shutter.
6. I used Root Explorer to navigate to /system/media/audio/UI
7. I renamed the existing system sound files FullBatteryXX.oggbak, and cam_snap_0XX.oggbak
8. I copied my new "silent" files to the same folder.
9. I disabled root access in SuperSU.
Result: Silent shutter, and no battery full beep! I can't believe these aren't regular options. I can't imagine anyone has any desire to hear the Battery Full beep, esp in the middle of the night!

The process wasn't super difficult, but read the various rooting tutorials carefully before trying. It worked for me the first time...

vasqued2

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is no longer generating the notification sound every minute.

I believe the magic setting was General->Smart Functions->QuickCircle case->Off

I turned it back to On to try to recreate the problem but it didn't, not that I'm complaining.

Someone else will have to confirm this works for them.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Search and Rescue member on call 24/7, so I need notifications at a loud volume at night. I fixed this in my Verizon G3 with the following process (which may void your warranty...):

1. I rooted my device using IORoot. Other models may be able to use the simpler towelroot.
2. I installed SuperSU to verify and manage root access
3. I installed Root Explorer (File Manager) to rename files, and install new ones.
4. I found a silent OGG sound file on the web
5. I made two "silent" copies -- A) FullBattery.ogg, and b) cam_snap_0.ogg
FullBattery.ogg replaces the tone with silence. cam_snap_0.ogg replaces the loud Camera App shutter.
6. I used Root Explorer to navigate to /system/media/audio/UI
7. I renamed the existing system sound files FullBatteryXX.oggbak, and cam_snap_0XX.oggbak
8. I copied my new "silent" files to the same folder.
9. I disabled root access in SuperSU.
Result: Silent shutter, and no battery full beep! I can't believe these aren't regular options. I can't imagine anyone has any desire to hear the Battery Full beep, esp in the middle of the night!

The process wasn't super difficult, but read the various rooting tutorials carefully before trying. It worked for me the first time...

If you're going to root to silence the full charge notification and the camera shutter, you don't have to replace any sound files. Just use G3Tweaksbox. It can silence both without replacing anything.

This is something I would like to disable as well. Quiet Mode scheduling could work for being on call as you can set certain numbers to ring through, but my problem is I need a quick toggle for quiet mode as I need to set it fast at different times during the day depending on meetings. To do that, you can' tune the scheduling option. If anyone figures out how to silence the fully charged sound, I would love to know! I also want to disable the camera shutter sound.

Actually, Quiet Mode/Hours wouldn't work, the way it is implemented. Yes, you can set a whitelist of numbers that can still break through, however, Quiet Mode/Hours puts the phone on the silent sound profile, which means even though the callers break through, there is no audible alert and unless you are looking at your phone, you will not know you are getting a call.

Edit: Oops, I didn't realize this is really a month old thread.

Last edited: